Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: On the way back from Myrtle Beach  (Read 6198 times)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: On the way back from Myrtle Beach
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 08:24:31 AM »

I think that's just a TAD different than what I wrote!! ;)  GEEZ!  Do I need to explain everything????  I'm not that tall, but I have long legs for my height (see pic for reference) and they go to sleep after being bent in one position for so long!!  I found my limit - 400 miles - almost the hard way!  At 409, I almost dropped her because I was tired and my legs were asleep!  The Sportster mid-mounts were worse because my legs would nearly be folded in half, but the vibration from a non rubber-mounted '99 engine and highway pegs would solve that problem!

[highlight]There ya go Q and d00d...  ALMOST[/highlight]!
Yes V almost indeed. And yes your gams are nice and long ;). So slowly we see more in the mystery of the Shroud of Georgia. Don't worry what you type V we are just a bunch of dirty guys that love to break em if you know what I mean ;D And Dawg couldn't agree with you more on those factory choppers,I had posted a thread about the problems on of my Bro's is having with his AIH Slammer. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 08:59:29 AM »

Uh, that would be a NO BigDaddy!  I live in the NW corner of the state and Augusta, Georgia is on the Eastern side of the state and just happens to be the first city in Georgia you cross over into on I-20.  It also happens to be some 200+ miles away from home!  I pulled over just to take a picture of the rainbow because I was relieved to see it after 100+ miles in torrential downpours with NO CHAPS!!  She was rinsed free of debris before being put up for the night and was washed the next day only to be rained on again on the way home from work!  She was washed and polished TODAY for her debut at bike night at Hooters!  So  :P!
Well V what I posted"rode hard and put away wet" is loosely translated from a cowboy saying.
: : : It's a US expression, and here is one definition of  'rode hard and put away wet'

: : I can't tell you who said it first but I'll try to explain it:

: : RODE HARD AND PUT UP WET -- Riding a horse(Vrod) "hard" to exhaustion and putting him(The Vrod) up "wet," rather than brushing him off and cooling him down. That is very bad for the horse's health. (Not real bad for the Vrod ;))

So don't take what I said literally it's just a saying that you worked your V hard thats all. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 09:01:55 AM »

Well V what I posted"rode hard and put away wet" is loosely translated from a cowboy saying.
: : : It's a US expression, and here is one definition of  'rode hard and put away wet'

: : RODE HARD AND PUT UP WET -- Riding a horse(Vrod) "hard" to exhaustion and putting him(The Vrod) up "wet," rather than brushing him off and cooling him down. That is very bad for the horse's health. (Not real bad for the Vrod ;))

So don't take what I said literally it's just a saying [highlight]that you worked your V hard thats all.[/highlight] Later,Q
Ok boys you can have fun with that faux pas.I won't delete it.My bad. See V we all do it. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2006, 10:47:15 AM »

Oh No! - I aint touching that one at all! - No Sir! - No way Jose! - Uh Uh!

Worked your V hard indeed - what are you thinking of?

Ooooh you are awful - (this specially for the Brits who remember Dick Emery) - but I like you...

Cheers

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 12:12:24 AM »

So don't take what I said literally it's just a saying that you worked your V hard thats all. Later,Q

[smiley=duhk.gif]  Q!  I might have been born at night, but it wasn't LAST night!

At least your "loose" translation is nicer than the Southern variety!  By your translation, she had a break every 119 miles and was rode nice and slow the last 50 miles so she could cool down!!

By OUR translation, it doesn't apply AT ALL to this V ROD.  She still looks damn good after being around the block a few times!!!  It took me 20 minutes to shut the guy up at the bank on Monday so I could leave and go back to work.  It took another 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot and back to my office!  AND that was before she was cleaned and polished and wasn't even running on either occassion!!   :P
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 12:19:06 AM »

If you look under the V Rod threads you will see some pics of this bike under "mods done"

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Oh wait!  If you look under the Vrod threads under "The V girl has a new V rod" you will see numerous pictures on the day I picked her up.  She looks better now that TheVgirl owns her!   [smiley=ROFLOL.gif]

BTW, I realized yesterday she is just over a year old.  Her paperwork started on 5/4/05 and was titled on 5/16/05.  The 05s did not have the Eagle on the side, Altugo!  Plus the headlight without the visor makes it look a little different.  

The pics were taken with a PocketPC picture phone/PDA with 1.3 pixels.  Not going to be great quality.  
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 12:20:47 AM by TheVgirl »
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2006, 10:04:18 PM »

[smiley=duhk.gif]  Q!  I might have been born at night, but it wasn't LAST night!

At least your "loose" translation is nicer than the Southern variety!  By your translation, she had a break every 119 miles and was rode nice and slow the last 50 miles so she could cool down!!

By OUR translation, it doesn't apply AT ALL to this V ROD.  She still looks damn good after being around the block a few times!!!  [highlight]It took me 20 minutes to shut the guy up at the bank on Monday so I could leave and go back to work.  It took another 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot and back to my office! [/highlight] AND that was before she was cleaned and polished and wasn't even running on either occassion!!   :P
Just tell them you rented it and have no idea!!!
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2006, 05:16:19 AM »

Just tell them you rented it and have no idea!!!

Mark she is so proud of that bike SHE WOULD NEVER DO THAT!!!!! She wants everyone to know it is HER BIKE!!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2006, 07:10:32 AM »

I know that Dawg just funnin ;)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2006, 08:40:51 AM »

I know that Dawg just funnin ;)

Joke well taken!!!! Honestly she is like a kid at Christmas. She is at the dealer right now waiting to get her 1k service done. And I'm sure looking for some more BLING!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2006, 05:35:17 PM »

Joke well taken!!!! Honestly she is like a kid at Christmas. She is at the dealer right now waiting to get her 1k service done. And I'm sure looking for some more BLING!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
DAWG,
I could tell that for awhile now! Like you said a kid at Christmas no doubt!!
Glad she got it and you were right BTW the Vrod that I thought had the Thunderheader did in fact have a different system on it, looks like Screamin Eagle set-up. I can then only imagine what that must sound like!!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2006, 09:54:55 PM »

DAWG,
I could tell that for awhile now! Like you said a kid at Christmas no doubt!!
Glad she got it and you were right BTW the Vrod that I thought had the Thunderheader did in fact have a different system on it, looks like Screamin Eagle set-up. I can then only imagine what that must sound like!!

MARK once you hear it at WOT you will never forget it!!!!! IT'S BADDDDD!!!!!

BTW she did buy some bling for her new ride today!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2006, 10:05:47 PM »

MARK once you hear it at WOT you will never forget it!!!!! IT'S BADDDDD!!!!!

BTW she did buy some bling for her new ride today!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
Hell thats no surprize there! I haven't heard from V in awhile, what did she pick up?
She must be riding, and riding,....
DAWG were you riding that with ear plugs?? Must be pretty loud at just highway cruising speeds huh?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2006, 09:31:53 PM »

Hell thats no surprize there! I haven't heard from V in awhile, what did she pick up?
She must be riding, and riding,....
DAWG were you riding that with ear plugs?? Must be pretty loud at just highway cruising speeds huh?

She picked up the chrome cover to hide the wiring harness that was behind the stock headlight. She is riding the hell out of that bike. I don't think we will hear from her on here for a while. But all is well.

It is loud if you are behind the bike I never had to wear earplugs, after all I am half deaf from sirens and air horns!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG  
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2006, 10:17:05 PM »

She picked up the chrome cover to hide the wiring harness that was behind the stock headlight. She is riding the hell out of that bike. I don't think we will hear from her on here for a while. But all is well.

[highlight]It is loud if you are behind the bike I never had to wear earplugs, after all I am half deaf from sirens and air horns!!!!![/highlight]
Be Safe

THE DAWG  
That's a good thing for her to rackem up! Far better to roll miles than hit keys any day!!! She has done some amasing strides in her newfound biking life in such a short time.. very impressive.
 Oh damn that never crossed my mind!! The noise you guys must have to listen to during those times that you [highlight]awesome people [/highlight]are doing what you do. While I'm on that---THANK YOU!!
I guess the Thunderheader would be not as loud to you then..
Live, Ride, enjoy life
Mark
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 25 queries.