Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: On the way back from Myrtle Beach  (Read 6203 times)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: On the way back from Myrtle Beach
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2006, 05:40:26 AM »

Oh damn that never crossed my mind!! The noise you guys must have to listen to during those times that you [highlight]awesome people [/highlight]are doing what you do. While I'm on that---THANK YOU!!
I guess the Thunderheader would be not as loud to you then..
Live, Ride, enjoy life
Mark

Mark THANKS, I still love my job. Even after 25 years in the big city. Too many times I hear about how cushy of a job I have. Yes I must admit at times it is.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2006, 06:27:10 AM »

DAWG,
I would think the times when your not out there fighting a fire it would appear to be cushy- the other times im sure well makes up for that!
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2006, 12:14:10 PM »

DAWG,
I would think the times when your not out there fighting a fire it would appear to be cushy- the other times im sure well makes up for that!

It's a great job no matter what I am doing. The firehouse torment is by far the best. Make all this money have all this fun and piss off evryone I work with in the process. It just doesn't get any better.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2006, 10:18:21 PM »

It's a great job no matter what I am doing. The firehouse torment is by far the best. Make all this money have all this fun and piss off evryone I work with in the process. It just doesn't get any better.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
Sounds like you got it made!! Nothing like enjoying what you do and make bunches of dough to boot!! Nice

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2006, 04:35:59 AM »

Sounds like you got it made!! Nothing like enjoying what you do and make bunches of dough to boot!! Nice

Not a bunch of DOUGH but it sure beats flipping burgers at McDonalds!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2006, 06:15:49 AM »

Not a bunch of DOUGH but it sure beats flipping burgers at McDonalds!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Main thing is -you are what you are and hell posting at 4:35am--my brain cant tell me to lift my left index finger at that time ...

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2006, 07:08:59 AM »

Main thing is -you are what you are and hell posting at 4:35am--my brain cant tell me to lift my left index finger at that time ...

Not to blow my own horn, but it is hard to sleep when your under the gun. The DC Fire Department is the busiest per capita in the country. Sometimes you sleep most of the time you don't. It's still a fun and rewarding place to work. I don't think I would trade my career for anything.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2006, 04:47:47 PM »

Not to blow my own horn, but it is hard to sleep when your under the gun. The DC Fire Department is the busiest per capita in the country. Sometimes you sleep most of the time you don't. It's still a fun and rewarding place to work. I don't think I would trade my career for anything.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
It's called "adrenaline" junkies. It's hard to go to sleep (deep sleep) at night when you are expected to be up and dressed and out the door within two minutes of the horn going off.

I dare say some (other then FF's) could do this even if a jealous husband showed up unexpected. [smiley=nervous.gif] You get used to taking “cat naps” for a few seconds/minutes that make you think you’ve been sleep for hours.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2006, 05:11:18 PM »

It's hard to go to sleep (deep sleep) at night when you are expected to be up and dressed and out the door within two minutes of the horn going off.
 [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

d00d, listen to this!!  This past Sunday, I went by the ex's station to pick something up that one of the boys left in his truck (on the way to the Harley dealership, by the way).  His truck was parked outside unlocked, his coworkers car was there but was locked, the engine was outside the bay with the windows down.  I called the station phone and his cell phone numerous times and rang the door bell.  I called HQ to ask if they were on a call.  He tried calling both ff's cell phones and the station phone.  He asked me to check the door.  The station door was unlocked with the rescue truck inside and all the lights off. I asked him if he could call them over the radio because I didn't want to walk in unexpected.  He didn't want to because it'd be logged at 911.  To keep them from getting in trouble, the guy at HQ told me where the bunkroom was located and told me to go bang on the door!  I did and then quickly exited and waited OUTSIDE.  (Didn't want to see anyone in the buff).  They were DEAD asleep!  I would have had to blast the airhorn to wake them up!  I told them both, "Good thing your station only runs one call every 5 shifts or I'd be worried!!"  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2006, 05:43:50 PM »

That sounds more like a "rest home" then a fire station? [smiley=confused5.gif] Was this in the middle of the day? If that were at one of my stations somebody's arse would be on the carpet explaining to the chief what the heck was up. We have to have somebody semi comatose during the day to be available for "walk-ins" and citizen assistance. At night the building is locked up tighter then Ft. Knox and you have to pick up a phone or buzz to get somebody up if you just come to the door versus calling 911.

I could have some fun w/these guys playing some "firehouse pranks" on them while they are asleep like that. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2006, 06:55:37 PM »

d00d, listen to this!!  This past Sunday, I went by the ex's station to pick something up that one of the boys left in his truck (on the way to the Harley dealership, by the way).  His truck was parked outside unlocked, his coworkers car was there but was locked, the engine was outside the bay with the windows down.  I called the station phone and his cell phone numerous times and rang the door bell.  I called HQ to ask if they were on a call.  He tried calling both ff's cell phones and the station phone.  He asked me to check the door.  The station door was unlocked with the rescue truck inside and all the lights off. I asked him if he could call them over the radio because I didn't want to walk in unexpected.  He didn't want to because it'd be logged at 911.  To keep them from getting in trouble, the guy at HQ told me where the bunkroom was located and told me to go bang on the door!  I did and then quickly exited and waited OUTSIDE.  ([highlight]Didn't want to see anyone in the buff[/highlight]).  They were DEAD asleep!  I would have had to blast the airhorn to wake them up!  I told them both, "Good thing your station only runs one call every 5 shifts or I'd be worried!!"  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  

Yeah - Right - didn't want to see a hunky FF in the buff - I don't think so...:o

Unhh V - This is Us you are talking to - we know the score... ;D

C'mon ;)

Cheers

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2006, 07:32:58 PM »

Ok, ok, Dave!  I didn't want to see my EX-husband and his coworker in the buff!  And have you been to a firehouse lately?  Most of the firefighters aren't "hunky" anymore!!  They all are good cooks and sit around between fires!  That is why they do "calendar searches!"   [smiley=lolk.gif]

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2006, 07:37:21 PM »

That sounds more like a "rest home" then a fire station? [smiley=confused5.gif] Was this in the middle of the day?

I could have some fun w/these guys playing some "firehouse pranks" on them while they are asleep like that. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Sunday morning from 11:30 to 11:50 to be exact.  If there had not been a residence right next to the fire station, I would have turned on the sirens and hauled arse!!  Unfortunately, someone would have seen me and charges would have been pressed!!!

I bet a few people at HQ heard about it.  The chief might not have since it was a Sunday and I am not vindictive!  It's in the next county in a very rural area.  Honestly, he told me last week they went on their first call in 15 tours.  It's referred to as the Paramedic station because they send all Paramedic students there so they'll have time to study.  

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2006, 07:49:05 PM »

[smiley=ROFLOL.gif]

V,
You know us well. Twenty + years ago when I first got into this I was full of piss and vinegar (and about 8 inches smaller in the waist). Now that I've got the "Righteous Brothers" (Arthur, Bursitis, etc, etc) I'm not as quick to run, jump on the back of the truck, and run into burning buildings as I used to be. :(

Don't know if you've ever heard the joke about the young bull and the old bull (if you haven't I'll have to PM' it to you), but I'm very much the "Old Bull" now. :D

I laugh at the young guys that we hire now, they are exactly like I was when I started (working out every chance I got, lifting weights, running, etc, etc.), but "Father Time" has taken his toll on me and I'm not as active as I used to be.

As you stated we (firefighters) can cook, and the majority of our meals are "grease, gravy, and bread" (for this reason I don't eat with shift, and bring my own meals), and sooner or later this will catch up w/you. Also the fact that you never really get to enjoy your meal like you do at home, you always want to "wolf" (eat fast) the food down for fear of getting a call right at meal time, and not being able to finish it. Just imagine having to come back to a cold steak, cold potato and soggy salad. :'(

Anyway I guess what I want to say is those that have been in this "game" for any length of time don't always look the same unless they have one hell of a metabolism.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2006, 07:52:01 PM »

Sunday morning from 11:30 to 11:50 to be exact.  If there had not been a residence right next to the fire station, I would have turned on the sirens and hauled arse!!  Unfortunately, someone would have seen me and charges would have been pressed!!!

I bet a few people at HQ heard about it.  The chief might not have since it was a Sunday and I am not vindictive!  It's in the next county in a very rural area.  Honestly, he told me last week they went on their first call in 15 tours.  It's referred to as the Paramedic station because they send all Paramedic students there so they'll have time to study.  
I'm jealous; we don't have any stations like that. That is definitely a "Retirement Home" station. Place where they should send all Firefighters a year or so before they retire.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.