Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another seat question.  (Read 1147 times)

tjcross

Another seat question.
« on: June 26, 2011, 08:02:32 PM »

Still can't find a comfy seat for my '11 convertible. Does anyone have a " Ultimate Seat " ? Read on a Kawi forum that they are the ticket for no more sore butt.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
Re: Another seat question.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 07:01:25 AM »

I'v got a Sundowner coming, Ill let you know. They've been very good in the past.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 01:24:01 PM »

No offense intended, but that Ultimate seat is butt ugly on the bike shown.  Have you considered a Corbin? 

I had a Sundowner on my '06 SEVROD and it was comfortable.  But, that was a bike that never saw more than 300 miles in a day.  The Corbin on my '06 SEUC was an all day, as many miles as you could stand, seat.  Butt never got sore, even with 600 mile days.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

tjcross

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 08:21:29 PM »

I tryed a sundowner with no better results and a stock Fatboy seat, same deal, no good. I hear so many different comments on Corbin's, some love and some hate, plus I hate to fork out the big bucks with no better results. I'm just frustated at this point. I did contact C & C seats, they were going to send me some leather & vinyl samples but that was 3 weeks ago and rec'd nothing and would not guarentee satisfaction so I'm at square one. A sore butt in 1/2 hour or 50 miles just doesn't cut it. I had a Mustang on my Nomad & loved it, problem is they do not and will not make a seat for the convertible. Yada, Yada, just venting & looking for a solution.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 12:08:32 PM »

I had a Corbin on my '06 SEUC...the stock seat, after about 4K on the bike, was about like sitting on the frame.  Once my butt started hurting, I couldn't ride more than 75 miles without stopping...the pain was awful.  With the Corbin, 500 mile days was not a problem.  Yes, the Corbin seat is firm...some think it's too firm, but from my experience, firm is good on a bike seat.  If the new seat on the '11 SERGU was not good, I'd be putting another Corbin on, but so far, it's comfortable.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

bigr

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 03:11:06 PM »

hi this is big R from mississippi i have the ultimate seat and love it .I have ridden 750 mile in a day and no sore  butt.
let the rough end drag

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 10:38:50 PM »

I have the Sundowner Seat and it is more comfortable than the stock seat. When Corbin released a seat for the Convertible I was very excited and I ordered the Dual-Tour. Well my wife and I can tell you the Corbin seat is the most comfortable by far. We have logged many miles on both the Sundowner and the Dual-Tour. The cost of the Corbin seat is higher but it is worth it.

Corbin originally sent me a seat that had some problems. I called them and expressed my dissatisfaction with things about the seat. They said for me to send the seat back and they made me another seat with the issues corrected.

My wife loves the way the seat looks and most of all loves the comfort.

Etudeguy

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 11:56:49 AM »

AIRHAWK II   

Pad is very good and may save you $$$.

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 20 queries.