Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: TTS & ECM Change Help?  (Read 17597 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: TTS & ECM Change Help?
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2011, 05:24:55 PM »

How does the MOCO cooperate feel about techs. replacing parts under warranty that aren't bad? You would think they would return the original and let the owner reinstall his tts map and provide the dongle for any further work? Doesn't cost anyone anything but the shipping to where ever they sent the original ecm? seems like a no Brainer to me?  :nixweiss:

I'm pretty sure they handle it the same way the automotive companies do, they charge the entire warranty claim back to the dealership.  As for the part itself, I suppose if the dealer requested it and paid the freight they might return it.  Never ran into a dealer in my business who wanted the old part back after a chargeback, why waste more money shipping a used part back?  In this case, I'm willing to bet if that dealer would request the ECM be returned to him that they would do so.  One really good reason for not calling and asking is it would make the warranty chargeback a certainty instead of a possibility.  So there is a financial disincentive for the dealer to call up and admit the mistake.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jcd520

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2011, 06:30:03 PM »

question-------------Since the first thing you do when installing the TTS is save the original HD tune wouldn't having that info and forwarding it to Steve allow him to fix the problem? Just asking.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2011, 08:13:58 PM »

I am not here to lump anyone together, those who are doing it know who they are. As I've said over and over I have never talked with the customer so I do not know what he was or was not told his options were from the office. We have a standard way to handle this and we are setup to do it that way, so I'm pretty sure that would be what he was told.

Now if you sit back and look this thread over there is plenty going both ways. People are quick to point out that TTS should step up and help the OP out. Should that not be done by the dealers that caused the issue? How about the people that jump in and made misleading comments about how the TTS product works? This just goes to getting thing the way they are now. This is just why I've stepped into this debate. People who know nothing about a product start making things up and it runs wild on the internet. Next time something happens, again not TTS product fault, someone remembers and old thread and pulls bit and pieces of BS about it out to convince someone else how it works and then again they are dead wrong about it. When it becomes the same person over and over again it gets old.

The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2011, 10:56:16 PM »

Hate to tell you Steve, but your stuff gets really old too.  And just because your "office staff" blew the guy off instead of you doing it personally doesn't exactly cut much ice.  You're the guy who came on this site to promote and sell your product, and you're the guy who should step up when a member asks for help.  If you don't feel the need to try to make contact (you could PM the guy if you cared), and he decides to just walk away and buy a competing product, I don't see how that makes you the winner here.

The problem probably isn't your "fault".  Since I'm not aware of why you folks changed your system such that a dealer supposedly couldn't flash the ECM, I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt and blame the dumb ass at the dealership for the entire issue.  Guess what, that so-called technician isn't losing any business over this, and I doubt that dealer is either.  Life isn't fair, and then we die.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2011, 03:21:58 AM »

I agree, although the dealer thought they were doing me a favor. They went into the ECM to check software on anti lock brakes and noticed that someting did not appear correct in that the cruise was disabled and the auto compression release was disabled. When they could not enable they assumed a defective ECM and replaced under warranty and told me as if they were doing something special. At this point while the MAP and pipes supplied by Fullsac were great, I will have to rethink rebuying the TTS vs. some of the other products which will allow you to unlock the tuner to work with a different ECM. Seems crazy the way TTS works, either they are trying to boost their sales or the product code is "old school"? I welcome any opinions out there.

Miken
I'm a little late and just catching up on this situation. If I have it right, you bought and installed one of my Stage I X Pipe kits with TTS, took it to the dealer and
they jacked your ECM and wiped out my fuel map? That pisses me off. When you run my parts, I have a sincere interest in your bike running its best. It's you guys
on these rolling Fullsac product showcases that make my phones ring. I need you back in action spankin all your buddies who havn't bought my stuff yet. 
Call me and I will hook you up with a new TTS cartridge and get you back on the road.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2011, 05:03:45 AM »

Miken
I'm a little late and just catching up on this situation. If I have it right, you bought and installed one of my Stage I X Pipe kits with TTS, took it to the dealer and
they jacked your ECM and wiped out my fuel map? That pisses me off. When you run my parts, I have a sincere interest in your bike running its best. It's you guys
on these rolling Fullsac product showcases that make my phones ring. I need you back in action spankin all your buddies who havn't bought my stuff yet. 
Call me and I will hook you up with a new TTS cartridge and get you back on the road.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance

This is the type of service that only  a good Company like Fulsac delivers. In my business, we provide a service to supply & install various Construction Components. In the event something goes astray and we have a bad run of material, we look after it and are thereby reimbursed from the manufacturer. In this case , the manufacturer(TTS) wasn't at fault. Good job at stepping up to the plate Steve.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2011, 07:16:38 AM »

Miken

Steve George
Fullsac Performance

Now that's what I have been talking about!!!! This clearly was not Fullsac's fault either--but Steve George is going to help.

That's why when it comes to exhaust and tuning recommendations, Fullsac is always at the top of everyone's list!!

It's just a shame the folks at TTS didn't do it first--one of their resellers had to step up to the plate.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2011, 07:20:23 AM »

Miken

Steve George
Fullsac Performance

Damn.
Now there is customer service.

I need you back in action spankin all your buddies who havn't bought my stuff yet.

And it's customer service with a great attitude!
That is priceless.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2011, 08:27:28 AM »

Even though I'm not a Fulsac disciple, this is the sign of a company that truly believes in customer service!!!  Totally out of his wheelhouse, as they are really only responsible for the pipe in this case, but Fulsac stepped forward and made the OP/customer happy.  That attitude, even to an old curmudgeon like me, goes a long way.  Way to go Fulsac/Steve George.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

miken488

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2011, 09:35:43 AM »

I have been standing by watching this thread go in all directions, and find it interesting. Thanks for the input from all sides.
Let me make a few final comments & observations since I started this, and then perhaps we can let this die. RIP
1. First of all to Steve George @ Fullsac, you are the man! I appreciate your offer and your strong attitude towards great products and customer service to match. Thanks, I will let you know if I cannot resolve the situation as noted below.
2. To all of the guys who have installed the TTS product, be forewarned about the dealer not being able to read or adjust your ECM. Yes, I knew to reflash my ECM back to stock when returning to the dealer. My mistake on not doing this, but I dropped it off for a braking issue and did not predict that they would go into the ECM to check ABS software, and then assume that my ECM was defective. Furthermore, if I reflash back to stock my bike will run like chit given the modifications, so this is not a very practical option.  Given that the bike was under warranty they changed it out and thought they were doing me a favor. Through extensive work by the dealer I am in hopes that I will get the original ECM back in the next day or two.
3. With respect to TTS, I contacted TTS via e-mail and received the standard answer back from Vickie M. about returning the old ECM along with the new. When I advised her of my situation and asked what options they could present given my inability to reacquire the old ECM, she never responded back to my e-mails or phone calls. I was never asking for something for nothing, just some reasonable work around that might be less than repurchasing again.
4. More options become available everyday in terms of competitive products that offer more features and benefits than TTS. I was please with my TTS product, my Fullsac pipe and map, and just thought that there might be a way to go above and beyond to keep me as a customer. Clearly TTS did not see this an an opportunity to step up and meet me half way, they would not even return my calls or e-mails.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2011, 09:36:45 AM »

Hey Steve !!! There is a message here and I hope you Learn from Fullsac,,,He is stepping up to the plate to support YOUR product. He took the bull by the horns and did it right... I love Fullsac, but a little disappointed that he is using your product with his package. I for one would like to see Fullsac add one more vendor, i.e. Rev Performace to his package and let folks have a choice in the ECM Tuning side..... Kudos to Fullsac.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:39:18 AM by cvobiker »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2011, 09:44:14 AM »

Miken,

Excellent reply. Sheds a whole new light on the subject for me. I'm glad Steve George at Fullsac is stepping up/in. He is a great guy to work with. Helped me a ton with my V-Tune via phone calls.

mwg

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG "Beast"
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2011, 09:49:42 AM »

Now that's what I have been talking about!!!! This clearly was not Fullsac's fault either--but Steve George is going to help.

That's why when it comes to exhaust and tuning recommendations, Fullsac is always at the top of everyone's list!!

It's just a shame the folks at TTS didn't do it first--one of their resellers had to step up to the plate.
:2vrolijk_21:... That's an awesome offer Steve!
RLTW

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2011, 10:00:42 AM »

Damn.
Now there is customer service.

And it's customer service with a great attitude!
That is priceless.

SBB

x2   :)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2011, 10:08:43 AM »

Just read a PM saying it was worthwhile to check back in this thread.  Certainly was.

Glad to read the rider has options again.  Hope he quickly finds whatever is the easiest solution to get him back on the road in good order.

Major props to Fulsac for once again showing the colors as a vendor who actually likes their customers rather than simply seeing them as a revenue stream.  That kind of attitude and assistance will make them a lot more cash over time; and they'll deserve it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 20 queries.