Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Wisconsin finally gets it!  (Read 4725 times)

oneday0211

• CVO1: 2011 Ultra Classic Screaming Eagle
Re: Wisconsin finally gets it!
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2011, 10:21:43 PM »

In Va if the cop runs your plate before pulling you over he will know if you have a CCW before he walks up to you.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 10:29:49 PM »

In Va if the cop runs your plate before pulling you over he will know if you have a CCW before he walks up to you.
Yeah, but can he get that info on non VA residents also?  That is the crux of my question.  Do the states share info on their CCW permit holders so LEOs can tell even if you are not a resident of their state?

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 09:07:35 AM »

What about Canada? I have my MN and Utah. But when in Canada recently I left my pistol home. I understand they do not allow any handguns in. Is that correct?
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 10:23:01 AM »

What about Canada? I have my MN and Utah. But when in Canada recently I left my pistol home. I understand they do not allow any handguns in. Is that correct?
That is my understanding.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »

I call Bullchit on this one.   

Hubbard doing the speed limit is like Otis passing him, neither is gonnna happen.    :huepfenlol2:    :huepfenlol2:     :engel017:

OUCH, OTIS!! ;)  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Re: Wisconsin finally gets it!
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 11:52:14 AM »

At the present time, Colorado is still part of the USA (I am not sure why the people of Illinois keep voting in those that do not follow the second ammendment rights). If and when they take our CCW rights away, they will turn me into a criminal overnight. They will be able to take my guns from me very easily as they are drawing the chalk marks around my body.
Believe it or not, until just the last couple of years, it was illegal in Chicago and a number of collar cities to even OWN a handgun. The corrupt Daley machine demonized guns in the 60's to the point that it was totally socially unacceptable to even acknowledge you owned one in those areas where you could. Although the SCOTUS knocked down the ban, the city right away put up draconian restrictions, and required training - but outlawed gun ranges require to get the permit. Thank God that the 7th district court just slapped Chicago again, but true to form, they now just passed a bill to allow gun ranges, with a ridiculous annual business license (perhaps $4K/yr), and must be in an industrial zone, and can't be within 1,000 feet of scores of locations like schools, churches, parks, convenience stores, nail salons, and grocery stores - exagerating a bit, but the point is, when the possible locations were plotted, there were virtually no legal spots. Typical Chicago crap, so it'll just go back to the courts again.

The cool thing is, by these retards constantly appealing and forcing this up the court system, as high as the SCOTUS, these wins are nailing down more and more clearly defined 2nd ammendment rights for everyone. We'll get our rights eventually.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 01:12:22 PM »

Good to hear WI has finally gotten the message, I hope IL follows. I hope we can get a 50 state CCP so we don't have to worryt about where we can and where we can't.
Supershooter
 :2vrolijk_21:

CVO Willie

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 01:27:28 PM »

I have my CPL in Michigan and when I am in my car for periods of time for business, I usually carry it in my glove box holstered.   My CPL trainer was excellent including bringing in our attorney general asst for questions and answers.  His suggestion was to advise the officer of cpl and when reaching for registration and insurance verify that he doesn't have a partner on the opposite side of the vehicle looking in.  Because the partner would not be privy to your conversation with the officer at the window,  If you do, you will certainly want to advise him to tell his partner that you are about to open your glove box and there will be a firearm inside.  This may save your life from a trigger happy rookie.  I have only been pulled over once and the officer wanted to know if I was carrying and where it was for his protection. No problem. Certainly in the world we live in today they are much more attentive and maybe even hyper sensitive because of the increase in cpl's.  I'll give respect if it saves a few inadvertent bullets from flying around. Peace

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 02:21:45 PM »

You definitely do not want to carry your license/insur. cards/CCW permit in the same area that you're carrying your weapon....makes it too likely to have a problem when asked to produce the cards for the LEO.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 11:08:28 AM »

When I read the constitution it appears it give us all the right to carry open or closed. I guess I just can't read well.

What is the rational to carry closed or concealed vs. open? We should all know who is armed and that might deter many criminals.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 11:34:49 AM »

When I read the constitution it appears it give us all the right to carry open or closed. I guess I just can't read well.

What is the rational to carry closed or concealed vs. open? We should all know who is armed and that might deter many criminals.

I concur, Dr.D.  In the famous words of Willaim F. Buckley, Jr., "The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry."  I'm packin'.  8) There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 12:00:56 PM »

...  I'm packin'.  8) There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD
Can you please bringeth your lesson to Illinois Hub?  We've got some mighty thick skulled and dim witted liberals 'round these parts...
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

HDSLK

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 12:07:51 PM »

I too have my CPL in Michigan. Here, we are required to inform if carrying and not required to inform that we have a CPL when not carrying. When you get pulled over and they run you license, they will know if you have a CPL or not. My experience has been that cops appreciate knowing from you that you have your concealed carry permit even if you are not carrying - saves them wondering and having to ask. Can't swear to it but I'm pretty sure that informing the cop up front even when not required has saved me from at least two tickets.
“Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point.” C.S. Lewis

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »

Can you please bringeth your lesson to Illinois Hub?  We've got some mighty thick skulled and dim witted liberals 'round these parts...

I understand, mrmagloo.  I've got a meeting in Chicago in November.  Be flying, and regretfully unarmed.  In the past, I have rolled the dice when driving through Illinois, and carried anyway.  Don't think I would chance it today.  Different world.  Later--HUBBARD

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 01:23:41 PM »

We fought like hell to get this law passed in Wisconsin.  I believe it was introduced for 16 consecutive years. Since the liberals were in control many times it wouldn't even get a hearing.  Keep on pushing, making the calls, and writing those checks.  If you have been watching lately Wisconsin has taken some drastic turns for the better.  Fight the suckers.  Liberal Politicians ARE criminals and the thing criminals fear most is an armed citizen.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 20 queries.