Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Horsepower and torque  (Read 3866 times)

blueglider01

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Horsepower and torque
« on: May 27, 2006, 04:41:28 AM »

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]Can somebody please help me get a copy or a scanned document of the original
specificationsheet (horsepower and torque) for a HD Roadglide 1550 screamin´eagle -01. need it for the swedish governments traffic security test unit, eventually a good link will help

Nasty Habit

• Full CVO Member
  • Starting Dec. 22nd, you can say Summer's Comming
Re: Horsepower and torque
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 06:22:02 AM »

Sorry, I am pretty sure that Harley Davidson does NOT publish HP/Torque ratings...
I could be wrong (probably am), but I remember this being an issue before.
NH
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, cold beer in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling WHO, HOO! What a Ride...

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 10:33:18 AM »

They show Torque only. If they showed the HP they could get a few good laughs. ;D 01 RG claimed 95.2 @ 3500 RPM
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 08:38:22 PM »

Sorry, I am pretty sure that Harley Davidson does NOT publish HP/Torque ratings...
I could be wrong (probably am), but I remember this being an issue before.
NH

They show Torque only. If they showed the HP they could get a few good laughs. ;D 01 RG claimed 95.2 @ 3500 RPM
The only thing H-D publishes with new bike specs is the torque value, and that is measured at the crank, not the rear wheel.  Let's face it, when you have an engine with anywhere from 88 to 103 cubic inches, and can only manage 58 to 80 hp stock (0.60 - 0.78 hp per in3), why would you want to publicize that?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 08:45:11 PM »

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]Can somebody please help me get a copy or a scanned document of the original
specificationsheet (horsepower and torque) for a HD Roadglide 1550 screamin´eagle -01. need it for the swedish governments traffic security test unit, eventually a good link will help
blueglider01,

I think you will have to contact H-D to get the kind of documentation you need.  The original Manufacturer's Statement of Origin would probably have the information you need for the Swedish government folks, but that document is normally turned in to the state when the bike is first registered.  If you explain to H-D what you need and why, and give them the vehicle identification number, they should be able to provide something that your authorities will accept.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 08:36:57 AM »

Blueglider I bought a 00 and a 01 new had them both on the same dyno the 00 made 70 HP the 01 made 71 HP will look for dyno sheet and send it to you.

OTIS
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 11:42:19 PM »

Call the motor co.  they have a guy who helps customer with that exact thing
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 10:18:58 PM »

Otis,
This is the US Federal Governments EPA site and it has the information your looking for:
http://www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/veh-cert/cert-tst/01m.txt. You can Google search under fltrsei2 and find it.

Good Luck!

Frank
Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. Ah, but one, one of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 10:44:00 PM »

Frank D you did good that should be what Blueglider is looking for.

OTIS
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 24 queries.