Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: 2012 CVO STREET GLIDE FLHXSE SIGHTINGS AT DEALERS  (Read 37615 times)

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
Re: 2012 CVO STREET GLIDE FLHXSE SIGHTINGS AT DEALERS
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2011, 11:07:11 AM »

Thank you for the info and assistance guys...  Sounds like my dealer has some explaining to do... >:( :nixweiss:

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2011, 09:53:23 PM »

Thank you for the info and assistance guys...  Sounds like my dealer has some explaining to do... >:( :nixweiss:
Come accross similar issues in the past, all comes down to Product Knowledge.

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 07:47:56 AM »

Come across similar issues in the past, all comes down to Product Knowledge.

Unfortunately, some dealers just do not have very knowledgable people working for them.  Especially when it comes to CVOs and their unique and sometimes VIN protected parts.  The above Rumble floorboards are a prime example.  If you search Harley's website you will not find any Rumble collection parts what so ever.  Even if you type in the part number for them directly, you still will not find them as a valid HD part.  This I suspect is due to them being a CVO only part and it being Harley's scheme to keep others from trying to order them for their non-CVO bikes.  :2vrolijk_21:

In the past, I have had to tell my local parts guy which year and model supplement catalog to go look in to find the CVO part I wanted to order.  But to be fair to my local dealer, they are small and only see about half of the CVOs that come out.  And on top of that, I'm sure the parts guys rarely has to order the unique CVO only parts for those limited number of bikes.  So if they do not know every CVO only part or which years or models they come on I cannot fault them for that.

That's where this site and the great group of people on here come to the rescue.  Collectively the members on this site have more knowledge about CVOs then I suspect any dealer will ever have.  ;D

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2011, 10:27:54 AM »

Unfortunately, some dealers just do not have very knowledgable people working for them.  Especially when it comes to CVOs and their unique and sometimes VIN protected parts.  The above Rumble floorboards are a prime example.  If you search Harley's website you will not find any Rumble collection parts what so ever.  Even if you type in the part number for them directly, you still will not find them as a valid HD part.  This I suspect is due to them being a CVO only part and it being Harley's scheme to keep others from trying to order them for their non-CVO bikes.  :2vrolijk_21:

In the past, I have had to tell my local parts guy which year and model supplement catalog to go look in to find the CVO part I wanted to order.  But to be fair to my local dealer, they are small and only see about half of the CVOs that come out.  And on top of that, I'm sure the parts guys rarely has to order the unique CVO only parts for those limited number of bikes.  So if they do not know every CVO only part or which years or models they come on I cannot fault them for that.

That's where this site and the great group of people on here come to the rescue.  Collectively the members on this site have more knowledge about CVOs then I suspect any dealer will ever have.  ;D

The dealer I work with has always been great - very knowledgeable and very helpful.  This will be my first CVO, however, so I have never needed assistance with them before.  I suspect you hit the nail right on the head when you say that they probably do not have enough experience with CVO's to have the same level of expertise that they definitely have with standard models.

I am very happy that I have found this site and appreciate all of the helpful tips and comments very much.  Best of all I am now going to be able to put matching passenger floorboards on my bike when just a couple days ago I did not think that would be possible!!  :huepfenjump3:

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2011, 11:17:21 AM »

Ruby Red 12 on the floor at Ft Myers FL HD.  Asked if it was MSRP he said close 36,900 and they are flying out the door.. Sales BS I Bet

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:26:12 AM by Wayne G »

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2011, 11:38:28 AM »

Ruby Red 12 on the floor at Ft Myers FL HD.  Asked if it was MSRP he said close 36,900 and they are flying out the door.. Sales BS I Bet

W-W-WHAT??? $36,900??? That's $4,000 over list, and is absolute highway robbery! What BS! I paid strict MSRP at H-D of Macon, and not a penny more. That's the way Greg Sassaman, the owner, does business. Anyone who wants one can just order it from Jerry Green there, and tell him I sent you. My $50 referral fee would pay for two of the chrome caps on my docking points... Whoo-Hoo!  :orange: :orange: :orange: 

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »

Is that the bikes flying out the door or the potential customers once they realize they are going to get screwed if they buy a bike there?

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2011, 02:29:11 PM »

HD Naples FL  no 2012s on floor but are selling them 3G over MSRP.  They have a 2011 Krypto on floor for MSRP.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2011, 03:39:01 PM »

HD Naples FL  no 2012s on floor but are selling them 3G over MSRP.  They have a 2011 Krypto on floor for MSRP.

No one should ever get gouged by paying more than MSRP. These toys are outrageously expensive AT MSRP... if my only choice was a 2012 at $3K over, or a 2011 Krypto at list... I'd go with the Krypto... it's a killer color! But I'd probably just walk out the door from any dealership playing those kind of games...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

Monolyth

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide, Black Diamond
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »

Considering the way HD is handing out the CVO's this year, I understand why some people are paying over MSRP.  The dealerships do not get to order the bikes and have no say even over what models they get.  They only get to pick the color.  The closest HD shop to me has 4 people on a waiting list for the Black Dimond Street Glide CVO, two with over 15k down.  The first one this dealership will get is in Late November or Early December.  They have customers with money in hand and have to wait 6 months to deliver 1 first bike, the 2nd guy on the list will have to wait until arond Feb 2012.  Every HD shop in the area has multiple names & cash on lists for all CVO's.  Supply & Demand.  In the Seattle area the demand is high because the economy is solid.

I was finally able to locate my Black Diamond Street Glide, I have to travel out of state to get it, but I will be paying MSRP.

Monolyth

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2011, 05:08:36 PM »

East Orlando HD has one... saw it today, beautiful color.  Sorry, iPhone photos, did not have my good camera with me...

I was not aware that these have skid plates under the bags, cool.

Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2011, 05:49:27 PM »

Considering the way HD is handing out the CVO's this year, I understand why some people are paying over MSRP.  The dealerships do not get to order the bikes and have no say even over what models they get.  They only get to pick the color.  The closest HD shop to me has 4 people on a waiting list for the Black Dimond Street Glide CVO, two with over 15k down.  The first one this dealership will get is in Late November or Early December.  They have customers with money in hand and have to wait 6 months to deliver 1 first bike, the 2nd guy on the list will have to wait until arond Feb 2012.  Every HD shop in the area has multiple names & cash on lists for all CVO's.  Supply & Demand.  In the Seattle area the demand is high because the economy is solid.

I was finally able to locate my Black Diamond Street Glide, I have to travel out of state to get it, but I will be paying MSRP.

Monolyth

Sounds like it's a return to H-D's Glory Days of several years ago, when you had to wait several months to get ANY new Harley - in spite of this crappy economy. Should I feel lucky to have had the "opportunity" to plunk down $32,699 plus tax and freight and doc fee, plus another $2000 for the extended warranty, plus ANOTHER $4,000 in add-on parts so quickly? Actually, I DO! These things appear to be as scarce as hen's teeth this year... and I found one in just over a week of looking. I got very lucky indeed, it would seem. But maybe I should have bought HOG instead, and watch it shoot up at the next earnings call... NAAAAAA!!!

The Wizard's Tune

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2011, 05:59:48 PM »

Sounds like it's a return to H-D's Glory Days of several years ago, when you had to wait several months to get ANY new Harley - in spite of this crappy economy. Should I feel lucky to have had the "opportunity" to plunk down $32,699 plus tax and freight and doc fee, plus another $2000 for the extended warranty, plus ANOTHER $4,000 in add-on parts so quickly? Actually, I DO! These things appear to be as scarce as hen's teeth this year... and I found one in just over a week of looking. I got very lucky indeed, it would seem. But maybe I should have bought HOG instead, and watch it shoot up at the next earnings call... NAAAAAA!!!

Can't ride the stock.  :huepfenlol2:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2011, 06:23:02 PM »

Can't ride the stock.  :huepfenlol2:

Quite true! But if you get in at the right time and out at the right time, you can make enough in gains to buy a new CVO for CASH! Of course, the opposite is also true. On Nov 22, 2006, high-flying HOG closed at $75.50, and less than 2 1/2 years later on Mar 5, 2009 it closed at a dismal $8.20 - for a loss of over 90% of its former value! Then, again less than 2 1/2 years later on July 21 of this year, it closed back up at $45.66. In that period, it was one of the best performing non-microcap, non-tech stocks around. If you had bought HOG at anywhere near the low, and sold at anywhere near the high, you could have easily more than quintupled your money, and been able to pay cash for anything the MoCo makes.

Of course... I never did buy HOG after the crash, because there was simply too much uncertainty about the MoCo's near-term financial outlook... :(  But I did just buy my new 2012 FLHXSE3, and I surely CAN ride that! So it's all good...  :bananarock:

The Wizard's Tune

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 Razor Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Crimson Mist
    • CVO3: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »

......Holy Crap that bike is GORGEOUS !!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.