Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Hawg Wired 4 Channel Kits  (Read 8320 times)

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
Re: Hawg Wired 4 Channel Kits
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2006, 01:56:16 AM »

What can I do to help?
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2006, 09:01:50 PM »

What can I do to help?

Since you went with a detachable tour pack, I assume that you installed detachable plugs in the rear when the tour pack is not on?  (I am installing a detachable tour pack)

If so, I am seeking information with regard to that piece, since I will need order those pieces prior to the install for the dealer.  What type of plugs, etc?

My goal is to make this as pain free for all involved, since I will not be the one installing the unit.

Thanks.

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2006, 09:06:08 PM »

Since you went with a detachable tour pack, I assume that you installed detachable plugs in the rear when the tour pack is not on?  (I am installing a detachable tour pack)

If so, I am seeking information with regard to that piece, since I will need order those pieces prior to the install for the dealer.  What type of plugs, etc?

My goal is to make this as pain free for all involved, since I will not be the one installing the unit.

Thanks.

When I did this on my 95 Ultra I used a 24 pin connector from Hauser Electronics. On the SEUC I am just using the factory plugs. Keep in mind that I revmoved the amp under the tour-pak and the overlay harness that it uses so the bulk of the wires are gone. All the other wires have factory plugs.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 09:06:41 PM by SE_ULTRA »
2006 FLHTCUSE

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 10:16:20 PM »

When I did this on my 95 Ultra I used a 24 pin connector from Hauser Electronics. On the SEUC I am just using the factory plugs. Keep in mind that I revmoved the amp under the tour-pak and the overlay harness that it uses so the bulk of the wires are gone. All the other wires have factory plugs.

Thanks for the reply...

Given the SEEG condition, I wanted to make sure I understood the method.

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 07:53:22 PM »

As they would say in poker, "I'm All In."  I spoke with hd-dude today and placed my order for the 4 Channel Amp & Speakers.

I am looking forward to this upgrade.

Thanks hd-dude / SE Ultra for all the assistance.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 07:54:07 PM by Jock »

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 08:38:21 PM »

As they would say in poker, "I'm All In."  I spoke with hd-dude today and placed my order for the 4 Channel Amp & Speakers.

I am looking forward to this upgrade.

Thanks hd-dude / SE Ultra for all the assistance.

Happy to help! I am sure you will have some questions with your install, hd-dude is a great guy who is always willing to offer advise or answer question, as would I.  :)
2006 FLHTCUSE

Canuck

• Senior CVO Member
  • "True North strong and free"

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2006, 12:43:10 AM »

Well it is done! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I ordered the 4 Channel amp and speakers and did the install myself!  For those who know me, this is an incredible accomplishment.  I can't say enough about how awesome the new sound is.  The clarity and volume are fantastic.  Takes the Eagles song "Hotel California" to a new dimension.  

I would also like to publicly thank Jim (HD-Dude) for all of his help over the phone.  I could not have completed this project in Canada by myself.  Thank god for the help-line.  He really is amazing with motorcycle electronics.

Looking forward to blasting my buddies with my new tunes on the way to Sturgis Friday morning.

Canuck
Crazy Canuck

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 01:36:29 AM »

Well it is done! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I ordered the 4 Channel amp and speakers and did the install myself!  For those who know me, this is an incredible accomplishment.  I can't say enough about how awesome the new sound is.  The clarity and volume are fantastic.  Takes the Eagles song "Hotel California" to a new dimension.  

I would also like to publicly thank Jim (HD-Dude) for all of his help over the phone.  I could not have completed this project in Canada by myself.  Thank god for the help-line.  He really is amazing with motorcycle electronics.

Looking forward to blasting my buddies with my new tunes on the way to Sturgis Friday morning.

Canuck

Congrats on getting it all done [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] I'm really pleased that your are happy with the products. Enjoy...

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2006, 10:03:24 PM »

Received my order today...VERY NICE WORK, I must say...Jim (hd-dude), went above and beyond the realm of customer service.  I can not wait until I have this unit installed.  

More later...Thanks Jim.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006, 12:52:29 AM »

Received my order today...VERY NICE WORK, I must say...Jim (hd-dude), went above and beyond the realm of customer service.  I can not wait until I have this unit installed.  

More later...Thanks Jim.

I'm glad the order made it there safely. I was just about to PM you to check in on it ;) Be sure to have your installer call me to discuss the install.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2006, 11:07:58 PM »

Have all of the other H-D parts required for my install...should be on the bike next week...will post the results...feel like a kid in a candy store and can not wait for the results...

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 10:38:35 PM »

Got some sad news at the end of today...It would appear that the former owner of my bike conducted to revisions to the audio system that are causing some problems.  I always thought there were some issues with the audio system.

Going down to the shop in the morning to better understand them.  It relates the the wiring and the system setup being altered.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2006, 11:02:57 PM »

Got some sad news at the end of today...It would appear that the former owner of my bike conducted to revisions to the audio system that are causing some problems.  I always thought there were some issues with the audio system.

Going down to the shop in the morning to better understand them.  It relates the the wiring and the system setup being altered.

How bizarre.  What in the world was changed and to what end.  If you're staying with the stock radio that's part of the SEEG it's already an upgraded radio.  Hard to imagine much they could alter that, if the thing was still working, would also dramatically alter the HawgWired installation.

Really sorry you're having to put up with the hassle Jock.  Will stay curious about what you find out.  

Good luck!

Don

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2006, 12:12:34 AM »

How bizarre.  What in the world was changed and to what end.  If you're staying with the stock radio that's part of the SEEG it's already an upgraded radio.  Hard to imagine much they could alter that, if the thing was still working, would also dramatically alter the HawgWired installation.

Really sorry you're having to put up with the hassle Jock.  Will stay curious about what you find out.  

Good luck!

Don

Very Bizarre indeed....Jock,  Give me a call

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2006, 03:04:23 AM »

Jock, bizarre was an attempt (for some reason) at being diplomatic earlier.  Barring other evidence the story at least raises the possibility of failing the sniff test.  When you go to look take your camera to document what's inside the fairing.  If nothing else it'll allow comparison to what should be there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.