Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Hawg Wired 4 Channel Kits  (Read 8315 times)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Hawg Wired 4 Channel Kits
« on: May 30, 2006, 10:18:15 AM »

The new 300 watt 4 channel kit is now available for orders. They will be shipping in 2 weeks. Retail on the amp kit is $999.94. These kits will fit inside you fairing with little heat production and very low current draw. The kit is also available in a bundle with 4 premium speakers for $1,199.95. You can also get the new component speaker for the fairing (the component speakers will not fit in the rear pods).

See vendor discount section for more info.

Send me a PM  if interested.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 12:47:29 AM by hd-dude »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Hawg Wired 4 Channel Kits
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 12:33:28 PM »

Jim, will you explain, for those of us that are electronically challenged......what is the difference in the 4 channel vs. what we have (I assume 2 channel?)? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 12:39:50 PM »

Jim, will you explain, for those of us that are electronically challenged......what is the difference in the 4 channel vs. what we have (I assume 2 channel?)? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

That's correct JC, Basically if you have 2 speakers you need the 2 channel and if you have 4 then you'll need the 4 channel. The SEEG has a 2 channel stereo where as the SEUC has a 4-channel system.  With the 4 channel system you will be able to retain your front / rear fade capability. If those with a SEEG want to add additional speakers to either the tour pack or the fairing lowers, the 4 channel kit would be needed for that as well.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 06:56:20 PM »

hd-dude,
Are these the new 2 ohm speakers, or are those still to follow?
Thanks
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 07:11:48 PM »

hd-dude,
Are these the new 2 ohm speakers, or are those still to follow?
Thanks

The kit requires a 4 ohm speaker. The Premium speakers are availible in 2,4,and 8 ohm speakers and the component speakers are only in the 4 ohm version. The 2 and 8 ohm versions will be availble to ship at the end of this week.

Thanks

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 08:06:26 PM »

HD,
    Thanks again for spending more of my money.........The Ultra that I did a few months ago is waiting for the 4 channel and I still want to do the 2 ch on mine.........

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 01:17:08 AM »

I've got no need for the 4 channel setup.  The component speakers piqued my interest though.  A big brown truck is supposed to deliver me a pair of them Thursday so I'll hopefully stick them in this weekend and see what they sound like.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 02:29:40 AM »

I've got no need for the 4 channel setup.  The component speakers piqued my interest though.  A big brown truck is supposed to deliver me a pair of them Thursday so I'll hopefully stick them in this weekend and see what they sound like.

You won't be disappointed [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 02:10:29 PM »

Took Jim's bike out for a ride while he was working on mine yesterday, and the speakers sounded great!  Very clear and very full.  The highs are better than the Hawg-Wired that I have and the lows are better than the Hog-Tunes that I used to have...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 11:16:18 AM »

Hey Jim,

Sorry if I missed an earlier post re: the component speakers.  Where do you have them mounted and what size are the separates?

Thanks

Ken
Yellowsedeuce

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 01:47:59 PM »

Hey Jim,

Sorry if I missed an earlier post re: the component speakers.  Where do you have them mounted and what size are the separates?

Thanks

Ken
Yellowsedeuce

They fit in the fairing in the factory locations as well as a new kit that converts the lower gloveboxes to speaker locations. I will post pics tonight of the lowers

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 05:46:45 PM »

That's correct JC, Basically if you have 2 speakers you need the 2 channel and if you have 4 then you'll need the 4 channel. The SEEG has a 2 channel stereo where as the SEUC has a 4-channel system.  With the 4 channel system you will be able to retain your front / rear fade capability. If those with a SEEG want to add additional speakers to either the tour pack or the fairing lowers, the 4 channel kit would be needed for that as well.

Jim,

Question - SEEG Stock Set up...what if I add rear speakers (Hog Tunes Ultra Sound), change front speakers (Hog Wired) but do not change to a 4-channel system.  Since the Ultra Sound system has it's own amp, I'll have some power, but would I only lose the front/back fade with a 4-channel?

Thanks.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 01:58:59 PM »

Jim,

Question - SEEG Stock Set up...what if I add rear speakers (Hog Tunes Ultra Sound), change front speakers (Hog Wired) but do not change to a 4-channel system.  Since the Ultra Sound system has it's own amp, I'll have some power, but would I only lose the front/back fade with a 4-channel?

Thanks.

Jock;
Yes you could do that, The Ultrasound kit is only 24 watts per channel so its volume may be somewhat limited. I am also not sure how balanced the system will sound either. You could do the same thing with the Hawg-wired 2 channel amp as well. With it i would run the amp on the front speakers and the head unit to the rears.

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 03:40:48 PM »

Jim,

Thanks.

Get the 4-channel kit..it rocks!
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 10:47:05 PM »

Get the 4-channel kit..it rocks!

Did I miss the pics of your install?  

I took many pictures of the install, when it is all complete I will post them in a new thread.

I was thinking it was to be posted after the pic ride?  I am certainly leaning that way...just need to resolve a couple of questions.  

If I recall correctly, you changed your tour pack to detachable?

I tore my beautiful SEUC all apart to make the tour-pak removable and install the Hawg-Wired 4-Channel amps and speakers.

That would be my quest too, however need to understand a possible wiring set up to provide the dealership since I am unable to conduct such an event.

Jock =
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 10:54:28 PM by Jock »
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 20 queries.