Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: $2,000-$5,000 above MSRP standard?  (Read 18343 times)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
Re: $2,000-$5,000 above MSRP standard?
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »

I hope that is not the case with the local dealer...  Deal that I am looking for on a 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics is:

1. 2,500 off MSRP
2. 3.9% Financing
3. Color-Matched Chopped Tour-Pak Luggage. Includes matching CVO™ Graphics, Premium Hinges and Retractable Tether. P/N 53000055DGC ??
4. Deluxe Chopped Tour-Pak Liner P/N 91783-96
5. Chopped Tour-Pak Backrest Pad –  P/N 52898-98A  ??
6. Lock and Keys P/N 53194-07 (keyed-to-match) - I have the 4-point Docking HW Kit Passenger BK Rest - 54205-09 and the Detachable Two-Up Tour-Pak Mounting Rack – 53276-09A.  Not sure what else I would need for the install.
7. Color-Matched Saddlebag Spoilers with LEDs. P/N 58606??
8. Indoor/Outdoor Motorcycle Cover with Eagle Logo – 98715-85VC
9. Service Manual '12 Touring Models – P/N 99483-12
10. Service Manual Supplement '12 FLTRXSE Models
11. Electrical Diagnostic Manual – P/N 99497-12
12. Men's Washed Skull Baseball Cap – 99480-10VM

I hope we can do the deal.... :-\

The skull baseball cap will probably ruin the deal.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2011, 09:43:23 PM »

The skull baseball cap will probably ruin the deal.

I think that is what prevented them from giving me the deal... wish I had known at the time,  :D

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:50:48 PM by wachuko »
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

glenn bob

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2011, 11:40:50 AM »

Bought my 2012 CVO Ultra two weeks ago.....MSRP  south bend, IN
Talked to HD Rapid City, SD  while looking and they said MSRP
Boise, ID  they said MSRP
for what its worth
Glenn
Glenn bob

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2011, 03:31:54 PM »

The dealers are making money at msrp bought my 09 SERG for almost 5000.00 below msrp ,yes I had a friend deal but he told me he still made money.....

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2011, 09:16:54 PM »

while shopping for our new 2011 fltruse we were traveling a lot between Buffalo NY and Indianpolis we hit all the dealers inbetween got prices between $33,000 to 38,700, when i decided to buyI did a search in Indiana to see who had the Rio red one we wanted called all the indy dealers offering 34,000 flat no setup or shipping on top nothing, we got it that way at 2.8 financing on the phone. went for a drive and picked it up. The $33,000 guy was an offer I made, he wouldnot wave setup and shipping and was too far from home in indy to save any money, too much travel to get it. I bet I coulda got another $500.00 off if I woulda trie  :bananarock:d.    were happy
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:21:42 AM by DaBigNuttedMan »
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2011, 09:53:01 PM »

The dealers are making money at msrp bought my 09 SERG for almost 5000.00 below msrp ,yes I had a friend deal but he told me he still made money.....

MSRP on anything has a generous margin factored in.  It's absurd to consider paying over the "sticker price".  There are still plenty of people who have more $ than sense and that's keeps the vulture dealers circling.

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2011, 11:07:04 PM »

Paying over MSRP is just wrong. I would never do it. I got my new bike at H-D of Macon... Great folks there. The oldest continuously operating dealership in the U.S. - started by Grover Sassaman, now 91 and still riding a Road King, in Lakeland, FL in 1939 - and now run by him and his son Greg. Grover was signed up as a dealer by Arthur Davidson himself. I was there last weekend and talked with Grover for the better part of an hour... fascinating gentleman. They have a video interview of him on their website... it's well worth watching.... he was in Pappy Boyington's Black Sheep Squadron in WWII.

ANYWAY, they quoted me MSRP over the phone, and that's what I paid - with a $250 doc fee only (much lower than the going Atlanta rate), and no setup fee. Greg took it on its test ride himself, to make sure it was perfect. It was!

I highly recommend HD of Macon. No, I'm not getting endorsement fees... they simply treated me right... no pressure to buy the bike nor an extended warranty, no gimmicks, no over-MSRP markup. They just delivered the bike to me in a quality manner, and they stayed 3 hours after closing on a Friday night to do it. I didn't even arrive there until a half hour past their normal closing time. Very pleasant buying experience, and I'll do it again on my next bike (probably a long time from now, unless my wife decides she doesn't want to ride the old '95 FLHTP!)

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2011, 05:43:46 AM »

Paying over MSRP is just wrong. I would never do it. I got my new bike at H-D of Macon... Great folks there. The oldest continuously operating dealership in the U.S. I highly recommend HD of Macon. No, I'm not getting endorsement fees... they simply treated me right... no pressure to buy the bike nor an extended warranty, no gimmicks, no over-MSRP markup. They just delivered the bike to me in a quality manner, and they stayed 3 hours after closing on a Friday night to do it. I didn't even arrive there until a half hour past their normal closing time. Very pleasant buying experience, and I'll do it again on my next bike (probably a long time from now, unless my wife decides she doesn't want to ride the old '95 FLHTP!)
I just love reading about a dealer that is still true to the tradition and does it 'ole school' with respect for the product & customer instead of the way so many have resorted to in recent years.  Thanks for posting this and I'll try and stop by and see these folks when possible.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 in Kryptonite/Black
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2011, 09:51:08 AM »

If I could find a convertible blue, and a street glide in black for MSRP, I would fly out to the dealership, buy it and ride home.

Monolyth
Guess I was lucky with my home dealer here in Yuma. 
I wanted the Krypto - Brian here at Bobby's asked me if I was ready to buy if they got one and I said absolutely. 
2 Days later they had found one and traded for it.
Paid straight MSRP.
This was when a dealer in Phoenix and one in Tucson BOTH wanted over MSRP  - one because the Kryptos were rare and the other because every dealer marks up the CVOs - riiiiight....

If you are seriouls about flying in and riding home, give Bobby's a call and tell them what you want - if they don't have it, they'll track it down and trade for it (if the other dealer is willing).

Sparky
Sparky

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2011, 01:37:51 PM »

"I would never do it. I got my new bike at H-D of Macon... Great folks there.The oldest continuously operating dealership in the U.S. - started by Grover Sassaman, now 91 and
still riding a Road King, in Lakeland, FL in 1939"

We have a dealer in Wisconsin, that's been continuous since April 1, 1930,
Uke's Harley-Davidson. Just thought you would like to know!
The "TAZMUN"

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2011, 07:49:10 PM »

"I would never do it. I got my new bike at H-D of Macon... Great folks there.The oldest continuously operating dealership in the U.S. - started by Grover Sassaman, now 91 and
still riding a Road King, in Lakeland, FL in 1939"

We have a dealer in Wisconsin, that's been continuous since April 1, 1930,
Uke's Harley-Davidson. Just thought you would like to know!

Well, Grover told me that he is the oldest continuously operating dealership owner.... meaning that he started the dealership and he still operates it himself - not handed down to children, or sold to someone else who still operates it under the same name. Anyway... that's a long time for a single person to run a dealership!

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2011, 10:29:13 AM »

Well, Grover told me that he is the oldest continuously operating dealership owner.... meaning that he started the dealership and he still operates it himself - not handed down to children, or sold to someone else who still operates it under the same name. Anyway... that's a long time for a single person to run a dealership!

Yes it is. He must sure love to work. We have a multi brand dealer in Milwaukee
that the owner is there every day, and is in HER low eighties!
The "TAZMUN"

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2011, 02:30:35 PM »

Yes it is. He must sure love to work. We have a multi brand dealer in Milwaukee
that the owner is there every day, and is in HER low eighties!

I love and deeply respect the Old Guard dealers... the one swho have motorcycling in their blood. Not all that many dealers like that these days. Grover told me that he is there nearly every day... and the fact that he can even still ride a Road King is pretty amazing! When he said he still rode, I expected him to say he rode a Tri-Glide... but he didn't.  I hope I can still ride when I'm anywhere NEAR his age!

The Wizard's Tune

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2011, 03:59:36 PM »

Wow What thread! I bought my 09 SEDFB when the 11's models were close to delivery and paid 4G under MSRP. The dealer was whining a bout the fact that he could not loose money. I corrected him stating that he certainly could like any other business could. After all was done I am sure he did not loose a dime but may have had a lower profit margin that he wished for. :huepfenlol2:

I had a Mercedes dealer tell me that he could sell his overpriced cars in NY state any day and I told him that he needed to decide whether he wanted to serve dealer in NY or serve customer in TN. We bought a Lexus.

I thought MSRP was a starting point of negotiation but the consumer decides the selling point.

As to the brave soul reminding his wife who wears the balls I would remind him she controls the need for such. :D

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2011, 10:22:25 PM »

Wow What thread! I bought my 09 SEDFB when the 11's models were close to delivery and paid 4G under MSRP. The dealer was whining a bout the fact that he could not loose money. I corrected him stating that he certainly could like any other business could. After all was done I am sure he did not loose a dime but may have had a lower profit margin that he wished for. :huepfenlol2:

I had a Mercedes dealer tell me that he could sell his overpriced cars in NY state any day and I told him that he needed to decide whether he wanted to serve dealer in NY or serve customer in TN. We bought a Lexus.

I thought MSRP was a starting point of negotiation but the consumer decides the selling point.

As to the brave soul reminding his wife who wears the balls I would remind him she controls the need for such. :D

Yeah... it's what I learned many years ago from none other than Dick Armey, my college Microeconomics prof at Univ. of North Texas.... before he went and got himself elected to Congress and made history with Newt Gingrich. He always spoke about "price elasticity of demand"... a fancy way of saying that market demand dictates the price that a seller can get for their goods. There is always an equilibrium in the market between supply and demand... if the demand rises, then prices rise to meet it... and if demand falls, then so do prices - until equilibrium is again achieved between supply and demand. Pretty simple really... just common sense... but I learned it from somebody IMPORTANT!   
:bananarock:

Apparently, some people are willing to pay a LOT for these CVOs this year, and if the dealers can find buyers for inflated prices, that means the free market is working. However, a dealer slapping an excessively high price on a bike doesn't mean there is a buyer out there with a sufficiently high demand to pay that price. If people really ARE paying $3-4K over MSRP for these bikes, then the economy must be better than the news reports say. Or maybe there are just a lot of RIBs (Rich Idiot Bikers) out there!

I would not personally pay more than MSRP for any bike, and I didn't have to. So maybe the demand ISN'T as high as some (many? MOST?) dealers would like us to believe it is...

Speaking of supply and demand always makes me thirsty...  :drink:

The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.