Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: $2,000-$5,000 above MSRP standard?  (Read 18335 times)

Monolyth

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide, Black Diamond
Re: $2,000-$5,000 above MSRP standard?
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2011, 05:49:42 PM »

I 100% support every dealerships right to charge anything they want for the bikes.... hell any business can charge whatever it wants for it's goods or services.  If I was a stock holder in that dealership I would expect them to maximize profits as much as possible.

What I don't understand is when a dealership actions result is short term gain and long term loss.  There are 6 HD shops within 30min of my house here in Seattle with 5 different owners.  The economy is very strong here.  I use to buy my bikes and get my service from one of them until they wanted to charge me more then MSRP for a new bike.  Instead not only did I buy it from one of the other HD shops in the area, I also moved my service, parts, clothes etc... purchases there as well.

I feel in this case that trying to go for the quick buck will cost them more in the long run as I spend my money at another dealership. When you burn a solid repeat customer for a quick buck it has consequences.

Monolith

glenn bob

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2011, 09:41:45 PM »

So right you are.  In the long run they will lose.  Its hard to understand why the don not realize that.
Glenn bob
Glenn bob

C2CRider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2011, 11:40:26 PM »

I know, as does everyone else, that Eastside charges some crazy chit.  Downtown (and Owens) do not.  After reading your initial post, I specifically asked a salesman I have know for years and years, at Downtown about their prices,  and since I am there 2 - 3 times a week, I have looked at their listed prices and  am not seeing what you claim......  maybe I am missing something here........................................?  I just bought a second bike from them (DTHD)for WAY under MSRP. 

Monolyth

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide, Black Diamond
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2011, 02:39:55 PM »

I know, as does everyone else, that Eastside charges some crazy chit.  Downtown (and Owens) do not.  After reading your initial post, I specifically asked a salesman I have know for years and years, at Downtown about their prices,  and since I am there 2 - 3 times a week, I have looked at their listed prices and  am not seeing what you claim......  maybe I am missing something here........................................?  I just bought a second bike from them (DTHD)for WAY under MSRP. 

I tried not to be specifc on dealership names, but this post forces my hand because I have a ton or respect for Downtown HD and do not want anyone to get the wrong impression.  Downtown HD is the dealership I use NOW, they are the dealership I will continue to use and have bent over backwards for me in Service (Kevin is an awesome service manager) as well as sales.  Downtown has lower hourly rates for service, and a staff that is always incredibly accomodating.  I highly recommend them.  They also sell CVO's at MSRP and non-CVO's at MSRP or lower. 

My negative dealings are with other dealerships in the area.

C2CRider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2011, 08:21:20 PM »

I tried not to be specifc on dealership names, but this post forces my hand because I have a ton or respect for Downtown HD and do not want anyone to get the wrong impression.  Downtown HD is the dealership I use NOW, they are the dealership I will continue to use and have bent over backwards for me in Service (Kevin is an awesome service manager) as well as sales.  Downtown has lower hourly rates for service, and a staff that is always incredibly accomodating.  I highly recommend them.  They also sell CVO's at MSRP and non-CVO's at MSRP or lower. 

My negative dealings are with other dealerships in the area.

Bought my first bike from them (DTHD) in 86/87 , first new one from them in 92.  Been with them ever since. Bought one new from Owens, VERY stand up, just farther away.
Yes, Kevin is an amazing Service Manager,  should clone him and pass him around to other dealerships.  Sean (Asst. Mgr) runs the ship in the back and does one hell of a job!!!  When "BOB" bought DTHD many of us long time folks were worried, mega auto dealership and metric bike dealership owner buying a somewhat drifting HD dealership.  Terry, the General Manager, has to me (and MANY of us) proven himself to us and has some top notch folks there.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2011, 08:26:12 PM »

As long as MSRP stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, dealers can price them as demand allows. Don't fault them for that. It's the dummies that pay more than retail that prolong the problem.

Personally, I try not to purchase any car or bike new as the first bite is something I am happy to give to someone else. I have found that folks that buy really nice stuff have a tendency to take good care of it and not use it too much because they usually have lots of other really nice stuff that competes for their time and passion.

I am happy to wait until they move on to the next shiny object and purchase a nice used piece of gear, usually with a few mods, for a much more reasonable price.

JMHO

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2011, 09:15:13 PM »

As long as MSRP stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, dealers can price them as demand allows. Don't fault them for that. It's the dummies that pay more than retail that prolong the problem.

Personally, I try not to purchase any car or bike new as the first bite is something I am happy to give to someone else. I have found that folks that buy really nice stuff have a tendency to take good care of it and not use it too much because they usually have lots of other really nice stuff that competes for their time and passion.

I am happy to wait until they move on to the next shiny object and purchase a nice used piece of gear, usually with a few mods, for a much more reasonable price.

JMHO

X2............well said.   :2vrolijk_21:

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2011, 10:19:40 PM »

JMHO

Generally that's what I have done in the past. But this time, I wanted it to be new, and I wanted to make it my own from the start. I will probably have this bike until I can't ride anymore... I don't trade bikes very often, and I buy new ones even less often.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2011, 10:50:21 PM »

I'll always buy new but will work for a "best" price.  GOt a great deal on the CVO and zero interest on my CTS.  I like having nice rides but like keeping a little change in my pocket  ;)
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

DBHWT

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2011, 08:45:01 PM »

It's a buyers market right now....I wouldn't want to be selling anything ...lots of E bay bikes or cars aren't making reserve

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2011, 09:25:36 PM »

It's a buyers market right now....I wouldn't want to be selling anything ...lots of E bay bikes or cars aren't making reserve
Lots of reserves are set very high  :o(I've noticed).  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2011, 10:05:27 PM »

I asked my dealer about other dealers asking more than MSRP and he stated that they do this when someone from out of town or out of state wants to purchase than they raise the price.  He said that they try to keep inventory on the new models for their local customers whom are loyal and these customer's never pay more than MSRP.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

kjmessner

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    • CVO2: Non-CVO 2006 Heritage Classic (wife's bike)
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2011, 01:32:36 AM »

Paid only MSRP in Tacoma just 4 weeks ago (plus tax...)!
2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2011, 04:14:10 AM »

Paid only MSRP in Tacoma just 4 weeks ago (plus tax...)!

I am getting one too! But in August.  Cool!
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

TLSSRS

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2011 CVO Ultra - Cobalt & Twilight Blue
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2011, 09:53:59 PM »

Generally that's what I have done in the past. But this time, I wanted it to be new, and I wanted to make it my own from the start. I will probably have this bike until I can't ride anymore... I don't trade bikes very often, and I buy new ones even less often.

I agree, i am getting closer & closer to trike time & i really really like the 11 blue cvo ultra. I wanted a new one no one else had messed with. I ride my bikes for years but i still felt like a sucker when i paid a little more than msrp. But in the big picture what the hell does it matter, if you want it & can afford it buy it, if not walk away. Sorry if i offend anyone but the price is set by demand. Here in Oklahoma the demand is high. I know i paid to much but really don't care. I love my blue cvo ( flames & all )
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 21 queries.