Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: What Eye Protection do you use in Rain?  (Read 8541 times)

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
What Eye Protection do you use in Rain?
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:27:32 AM »

What eye protection do you wear in rain?
I have tried numerous things over the past 40+ Years and the bottom line is that in a Torrential Downpour, there doesn't appear to be anything that works well.

Cheers
DR :)
Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' Eagle® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: What Eye Protection do you use in Rain?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 08:22:11 AM »

With my Wiley X glasses and a H.D. helmet similar to this it does very well. But you're right, when it's dumping buckets it's still difficult. FWIW, I also keep a micro fiber handy to wipe inside and out of the shield.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448776696&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302285455&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302285455&locale=en_US&bmUID=1314015550192&bmLocale=en_US

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:26:52 AM »

In a Torrential Downpour, there doesn't appear to be anything that works well.

Under those conditions sometimes even full face helmets will either leak at the vents (unless closed) or fog up if closed. I've seen riders wearing scuba masks or swim goggles, but those fog up quickly too.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:43:17 AM »

Z Wax on insides of all shields , goggles , sunglasses works to stop the fogging they are always at the major rallies
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 04:39:57 PM »

Googles with the light sensitive lenses.  They change from sunglasses to clear and back and the elastic strap lets you vent them easy and keeps the rain out.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 05:06:24 PM »

That is the point where I pull over and have take a break!

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 06:25:04 PM »

I found these
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 06:25:45 PM »

another
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 06:26:34 PM »

how about this
Formally FLHTCUSE3

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »

if all else fails....this
Formally FLHTCUSE3

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 06:28:31 PM »

That is the point where I pull over and have take a break!
Great point..... take a break!  They also make a mini wiper blade that clips to your finger to wipe your lens, until you can get that break!  ;)
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 07:59:41 PM »

Great point..... take a break!  They also make a mini wiper blade that clips to your finger to wipe your lens, until you can get that break!  ;)
I find that in heavy rain, it's best to remove glasses due to water getting on both sides of the lens and then you really can't see chit.  Pulling over is easier said than done in some situations.  Like on that long bridge down in Louisana (before the hurricane blew it away....thought the thunderstorm that caught some of us on it was going to be the end of us....raining sideways and the traffic would run over you if you didn't stay ahead of the trucks and no where to pull off, of course.....just ride blind and pray.  I hate rain in those situations.  No wipers on a mc.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 08:53:31 PM »

I find that in heavy rain, it's best to remove glasses due to water getting on both sides of the lens and then you really can't see chit.  Pulling over is easier said than done in some situations.  Like on that long bridge down in Louisana (before the hurricane blew it away....thought the thunderstorm that caught some of us on it was going to be the end of us....raining sideways and the traffic would run over you if you didn't stay ahead of the trucks and no where to pull off, of course.....just ride blind and pray.  I hate rain in those situations.  No wipers on a mc.  spyder
Ok Spyder since when do you ride on a long bridge in a hurricane in Louisana....... Did I miss a CVO GTG in the Bayou?
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 09:10:04 PM »

Ok Spyder since when do you ride on a long bridge in a hurricane in Louisana....... Did I miss a CVO GTG in the Bayou?
Well, Dave, you try not to, but the storm we got caught in was a real gully-washer...lighten bolts coming down all around....not fun at all on that bridge.  The hurricane did it in a couple of years after that and I just rode on the newly replacement last summer.  We better hunker down 'cause Irene is headed our way now if she decides to miss ya'll in Fla.  :nervous: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »

I just coat my eyeballs with RainX.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.