Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chuckanut Drive Washington  (Read 1347 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Chuckanut Drive Washington
« on: June 06, 2006, 10:49:44 PM »

I was at work and had riden today, a buddy stopped by and said his golf game with his wife was off and did I want to leave early for a ride.

We all know the answer to that......

We rode out of Bellingham south on Chuckanut Drive, a gorgeous stretch along the Bay south of town.  While it is short in length it doesn't get any prettier, especially on a bluebird day in the 70's.  Twisting and winding our way south we stopped for a photo opp (so Fired00d doesn't bust my chops) although the pics are poor since I had to use my phone.  I guess I need a bike camera that just stays with the bike.

We worked our way into LaConner, a quaint little place along a waterway that connects the Bellingham Bay to the north end of Puget Sound.

All in all, I got in 140 miles or so on a perfect day and was able to at least get part of it with my buddy who was the salesman on my SEUC, he since retired from bike sales as it was only a hobby anyway.

If you get to Washington you need to make this part of a ride.  It is usually on any HOG ride in the area.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 10:52:38 PM by Rjob749 »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

Re: Chuckanut Drive Washington
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 10:54:04 PM »

I guess to prove I was there [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 10:54:59 PM »

Our stop for refreshment in LaConner

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 10:56:46 PM »

Again, if you get out here you won't be dissappointed if you point your ride to LaConner and then up Chuckanut Drive.

The Drive has been featured in many auto commercials for its beauty and winding road.  Here's a website about the Drive and the area history.

http://www.chuckanutdrive.com/entrance.html
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 11:11:00 PM by Rjob749 »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 01:40:26 PM »

.......Twisting and winding our way south we stopped for a photo opp (so Fired00d doesn't bust my chops) although the pics are poor since I had to use my phone.  I guess I need a bike camera that just stays with the bike......
Come on now would I do that???? [smiley=confused5.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] I know what you mean about bringing camera along, but I'm getting better with it. What I did before owing a digital camera was keep a couple of disposable camera's (one time use type) in my saddlebag for those times when I wanted to take pictures. Not as convenient as digital, but at least you don't loose out on the photo ops.

BTW - Looks like you guys had a nice place to go riding. Nothing like leaving work early while everyone else is working hard. Less traffic (especially on the scenic routes), and you can have a much better time.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 02:25:31 AM »

Gorgeous photos.  Yes D00d says it. Any day one can play hookey from work and get a prety ride like this in is one heck of a good day.  Pacific North West has some of our Nation's most spectacular vistas.  

As we were pulling out of Tim Horton's, fully geared with rain gear, full face helmuts, prepared to just suck it up, and ride the last 45 minutes of our ride to destination in Canada, a couple of weeks ago, a bike rider beside up summed it up quite well.  Any rainy day on the bike - is better than a sunny day in the office.   ;D [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 11:57:31 AM »

Gorgeous photos.  Yes D00d says it. Any day one can play hookey from work and get a prety ride like this in is one heck of a good day.  Pacific North West has some of our Nation's most spectacular vistas.  
As we were pulling out of Tim Horton's, fully geared with rain gear, full face helmuts, prepared to just suck it up, and ride the last 45 minutes of our ride to destination in Canada, a couple of weeks ago, a bike rider beside up summed it up quite well.  Any rainy day on the bike - is better than a sunny day in the office.   ;D [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

There you go.  If you make it out for the 2007 Nelson/Calgary ride this is one of the short side trips that can be made should you decide to go south from Vancouver on your way home.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.