Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adjusting rear shocks?  (Read 1408 times)

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
Adjusting rear shocks?
« on: June 07, 2006, 06:53:45 PM »

Guys,

My shock cannisters are all the way towards the back.  Is this the stiffest position?  I personally would like it a little softer.  Will moving the cannisters forward do that?  I do have the recommended spanner wrench and tried to adjust them, but found they did not really want to move without some serious force.  Anyone adjusted theirs?

ncdoc

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Adjusting rear shocks?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 03:09:08 PM »

Check this link out:

http://www.fatbillscustoms.com/

Look under "preload shocks" on the left

Greg
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 03:12:45 PM by ncdoc »

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 03:42:33 PM »

Thanks, I just checked out the site.  My shocks do not look like the ones posted though.  They show the adjuster nut next to the cannister which I have but then they show two more nuts which I don't have (unless their covered up with the black bushings).  I'm sure the adjustments are probably the same though.  I have four threads showing now with the adjuster nut tight against the cannister.  When I tried adjusting it once before, I loosened the adjuster nut and turned the cannister with the spanner wrench, but the adjuster nut and threaded rod all turned at the same time...  So, I am not sure I actually adjusted the preload.  I wonder if the threaded rod has to remain still while turning the cannister to adjust them?

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 08:36:54 AM »

Thanks, I just checked out the site.  My shocks do not look like the ones posted though.  They show the adjuster nut next to the cannister which I have but then they show two more nuts which I don't have (unless their covered up with the black bushings).  I'm sure the adjustments are probably the same though.  I have four threads showing now with the adjuster nut tight against the cannister.  When I tried adjusting it once before, I loosened the adjuster nut and turned the cannister with the spanner wrench, but the adjuster nut and threaded rod all turned at the same time...  So, I am not sure I actually adjusted the preload.  I wonder if the threaded rod has to remain still while turning the cannister to adjust them?

Street Stalker,
Look again! your shocks are exactly the same as the ones posted if you follow those instructions yo will have no problem & be able to adjust to suit your needs

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 10:47:27 PM »

I think I need to adjust mine as well, took some RR tracks at about 50 mph and caught some major air, when I landed, I buried the rear suspension, and now I have a chip in the swing arm, where it made contact with the fender strut. guess I better tighten it up, or stop jumping tracks.  ;D ;D
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

ric97

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 08:17:33 PM »

From what I can tell...the SE Fat Boy's have the Profile® Low Rear Suspension Kit part number 54652-05.

These are a bit different...but close enough to figure out...I hope.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 20 queries.