Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34

Author Topic: NorthGeorgiaHawg's FLHXSE3 Mods  (Read 94483 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: NorthGeorgiaHawg's FLHXSE3 Mods
« Reply #405 on: May 31, 2012, 07:25:40 PM »

That doesn't get in the way?  Looks like it sticks out there pretty good and would be right where your knee is.

I'd be surprised if it makes a significant difference to your tune...there's only so much air the engine can suck in and blow out, regardless of how much surface area it's sucking it through.

Nice looking piece though.

BTW....keep a check on the three mounting bolts...there's more stress on them with the wider A/C.  That has been an issue in the past with some other wider type A/C's.

Yeah - It DOES stick out more... Haven't actually ridden with it yet... hopefully it won't get in the way very much.

Wiz and I came to the same conclusion - independently - that the Ventilator just couldn't pull hard enough for all the mods I've done... especially at high kPa/RPM. The S/C/S-4 is a whole different beast from an X-Pipe. Front cal VE nums are low, rear higher, as is normal. We'll see... VTune doesn't lie. There either will, or will not, be significant diffs in the collected data when applied to the cal.  Even if there isn't, I will at least KNOW that the A/C isn't a source of restriction!

Plus, there's all that CHROOOOME!!!! Mmmmmm... We Loves CHROOOOME!

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #406 on: May 31, 2012, 07:28:44 PM »

Now boys  :sauer007:  be nice to each other  :love_3: :beerchug:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #407 on: May 31, 2012, 08:10:52 PM »

I for one do miss my lowers but NOT the heat .. Like others in the south .. IM LOOKIN FOR RELIEF .. ANY WAY IT COMES ..
Ken .. you do know they make a cover (chrome) for that throttle body plug, Dont Ya ?? LOL.. and I woulda thought you would have gotten the correct color filter element as well .. o well .. reference post #399 if need be ..
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:12:54 PM by barefoot3zk5 »

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #408 on: May 31, 2012, 08:11:06 PM »

Now boys  :sauer007:  be nice to each other  :love_3: :beerchug:

Relax, Judy... Stuey and I have a strange and wonderful relationship... one of us is WONDERFUL, and the other is STRANGE! You make the call...  :orange: :bananarock: :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #409 on: May 31, 2012, 08:16:31 PM »

I for one do miss my lowers but NOT the heat .. Like others in the south .. IM LOOKIN FOR RELIEF .. ANY WAY IT COMES ..
Ken .. you do know they make a cover (chrome) for that throttle body plug, Dont Ya ?? LOL.. and I woulda thought you would have gotten the correct color filter element as well .. o well ..

DUDE! Honestly... it's ON THE WAY!!! Due here TOMORROW, actually! You, of course, would NEVER expect me to leave that BUTT-UGLY black plastic throttle body and the Plug From HELL uncovered, would ya, Howard?

SOOO... how exactly WOULD one DYE their K&N filter element to any specific color? Surely you can't use the crap they sell in grocery stores for cupcakes and such??? Inquiring Minds Want to KNOW!!!

That color would be ORANGE, BTW...  :orange: :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

The Wizard's Tune

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #410 on: May 31, 2012, 08:34:13 PM »

Strip it as tho you are servicing it .. get the dye for fabric  ( Rit is what has been around forever ) experiment with old sox or whatever .. then do filter .. BUT use a clear filter oil to recharge instead of that red lookin K&N oil .. mayb wifey give ya a hand .. Think how good hers would look Black ??? Im diggin it .. its about the look .. LOL
 Jus tryin to help a Brotha out ...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:36:39 PM by barefoot3zk5 »

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #411 on: May 31, 2012, 08:58:48 PM »

Strip it as tho you are servicing it .. get the dye for fabric  ( Rit is what has been around forever ) experiment with old sox or whatever .. then do filter .. BUT use a clear filter oil to recharge instead of that red lookin K&N oil .. mayb wifey give ya a hand .. Think how good hers would look Black ??? Im diggin it .. its about the look .. LOL
 Jus tryin to help a Brotha out ...

So, plain old Rit is what you used? Cool! Where do I get clear filter recharge oil? The K&N stuff is all red...

The Wizard's Tune

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #412 on: May 31, 2012, 09:16:43 PM »

at Auto Zone .. I will look at mine and give ya a name ..

LovemyCVOgirl

• SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #413 on: May 31, 2012, 09:27:02 PM »

Relax, Judy... Stuey and I have a strange and wonderful relationship... one of us is WONDERFUL, and the other is STRANGE! You make the call...  :orange: :bananarock: :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

You are both special and I am happy to call both of you my friend  :P. And I really love it when you two "jab" at each other.  Reminds me of my brother's, so both of you guy's go to your corners and come out swinging.  :lolk:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #414 on: May 31, 2012, 09:36:34 PM »

Judy. That's been us from the beginning.   It's fun trying to tells Ken what to do.  He listens about as well as I do. It's all his fault I went out and gotten same bike he did.   I thought I was perfectly happy with my b/b 04 Seeg. But of course he has to out do me with all his mods.   Si its fun when I get to "pick" on him.  :P

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #415 on: May 31, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »

here ya go Ken .. the Starter kit ..lol . yo colors may vary .. but the green does look and Run better ..

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #416 on: June 01, 2012, 04:49:55 PM »

Judy. That's been us from the beginning.   It's fun trying to tells Ken what to do.  He listens about as well as I do. It's all his fault I went out and gotten same bike he did.   I thought I was perfectly happy with my b/b 04 Seeg. But of course he has to out do me with all his mods.   Si its fun when I get to "pick" on him.  :P

Actually, that's TRUE, Stuey... I DID talk you into your bike! Didn't know I was creating a monster tho!  :drink: :pumpkin:

Don't even TRY to keep up with me on Mods... no sane person would ever do everything I've done... and keep doing!

And I purposefully exclude Howard from the "sane" category... after the truly WILD stuff he's done on his absolutely GORGEOUS SESG! If only he'd post some PICS...  :2vrolijk_21:

The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #417 on: June 01, 2012, 06:19:53 PM »

Ken .. you do know they make a cover (chrome) for that throttle body plug, Dont Ya ?? LOL.. and I woulda thought you would have gotten the correct color filter element as well .. o well .. reference post #399 if need be ..

Howard - I'm sure you'll be happy to see what what came in the mail today!

But this thing is gonna take some SERIOUS Dremel work to fit under the Big Sucker... I will need to slice off the ENTIRE top lip flush with the plate area with the holes, so it will fit behind the Sucker. I sure wish Ness would come out with one to fit well under the Suckers... I looked at others but didn't see one I wanted on Buster... Oh well, this just gives me an excuse to buy a Dremel 4000 - since my old one that I had for years finally burned up last month!

The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #418 on: June 01, 2012, 06:23:25 PM »

here ya go Ken .. the Starter kit ..lol . yo colors may vary .. but the green does look and Run better ..

Thank for the pics, Howard! Can't wait to show up with a GIANT ORANGE filter element, and watch all my riding buds call me a :pimp:!

The Wizard's Tune

LovemyCVOgirl

• SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #419 on: June 01, 2012, 06:47:19 PM »

DUDE! Honestly... it's ON THE WAY!!! Due here TOMORROW, actually! You, of course, would NEVER expect me to leave that BUTT-UGLY black plastic throttle body and the Plug From HELL uncovered, would ya, Howard?

SOOO... how exactly WOULD one DYE their K&N filter element to any specific color? Surely you can't use the crap they sell in grocery stores for cupcakes and such??? Inquiring Minds Want to KNOW!!!

That color would be ORANGE, BTW...  :orange: :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

Everyone that goes fast Ken know that you can only find dye in   :P

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 24 queries.