Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34

Author Topic: NorthGeorgiaHawg's FLHXSE3 Mods  (Read 94478 times)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: NorthGeorgiaHawg's FLHXSE3 Mods
« Reply #420 on: June 01, 2012, 06:50:51 PM »

Everyone that goes fast Ken know's that you can only find dye in RED  :verfsmile:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #421 on: June 01, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #422 on: June 01, 2012, 07:47:38 PM »

Thank for the pics, Howard! Can't wait to show up with a GIANT ORANGE filter element, and watch all my riding buds call me a Poser....!

LOL

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #423 on: June 01, 2012, 10:18:35 PM »

LOL

Takes one to know one, Wiz! Y'all already call me a Poser... but with a bright orange filter element, you'll HAVE to call me a :pimp:, too!

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #424 on: June 08, 2012, 11:56:57 PM »

HAPPY, HOWARD? I dyed the filter element ORANGE... but it has very fine stainless steel mesh covering it, and you can't SEE the orange! Grrrrr....

Just don't tell ME the Heavy Breather chrome throttle body cover "won't fit" with a Big Sucker! Me and my Dremel 4000 say OTHERWISE... cut cut, grind grind... and VOILA!

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:17:20 PM by NorthGeorgiaHawg »

The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #425 on: June 17, 2012, 02:56:48 AM »

I posted this info in another thread about trimming the fairing lower adjustable vents... but I also wanted to include it here.

I trimmed Buster's vents this afternoon. I cut them even more than others have done - so the edge is completely flush with the fairing lowers when open.

And yeah, I know he needs a BATH really bad... but it just proves I've been RIDING more than WASHING! I DID bathe him today before going over with Mike (Bubblehead) to the party at Frazier's H-D in Buford, GA. We had a good time there. I was quite impressed that Mike actually noticed that it looked as if I had removed the vents entirely while Buster was sitting out in front of my house before we left... but then I realized that he might have seen the other thread... sneaky devil you are, Mike!!! 

Open:

Half Open:

Closed:

The Wizard's Tune

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #426 on: June 17, 2012, 11:32:12 AM »

Nope hadn't really been following the other thread. It looks like you just took them out. You missed a good time a Killer last night. The band was great and the Puddin Wrestlin was ..... well worth watching.  :orange:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #427 on: June 17, 2012, 11:44:05 AM »

Nope hadn't really been following the other thread. It looks like you just took them out. You missed a good time a Killer last night. The band was great and the Puddin Wrestlin was ..... well worth watching.  :orange:

Yeah... the ONE TIME my wife has something planned for a Saturday night - it would be Killer's Puddin' Wrasslin' night! I never have any fun...  :nixweiss:

The Wizard's Tune

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark
« Reply #428 on: June 18, 2012, 07:17:05 AM »

Ken, you should've let me know that you guys were out riding. We could have done the '12 SESG Triumvirate ride. Holler at a brother next time.   :2vrolijk_21:
Trust, but verify.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

SE 259e cams, etc. etc. etc.
« Reply #429 on: July 24, 2012, 05:16:31 PM »

Well, it took THREE FULL DAYS... but Mr. Wizard and I finally got done with the Honey Badger's latest mods: SE 259e cams, Feuling 8015 billet cam plate and billet 7060 oil pump, forged rocker support plates, roller rockers, and Feuling adjustable pushrods.

Wiz was once again kind enough to allow me to use the massive air-hydraulic trike lift in his garage to perform the work.

We ran into just about every problem we could have run into... including a second tear down to take out the new cams to verify that they were oriented correctly (they were) - but the Honey Badger is running GREAT now! The big Drago's S/C/S-4 2-1 pipe just didn't ever seem happy with the 54H cams I had in there, but it's MUCH happier now! I think it needed a lot more exhaust duration to keep the exhaust velocity up. The SE 259e cams have also made the exhaust tone just SICK... it GROWLS now, and has TONS better performance in virtually every range. It literally JUMPS of the line now, and it only has the start of the new tune. It's never performed this well... I am a happy camper, indeed!

Wiz also discovered that the little tube that sticks up from the intake manifold (to attach an external manifold vacuum diagnostic gauge maybe?) didn't have the little plastic plug on it like it's supposed to... so apparently the HB has been sucking a lot of air through that and running too lean... the plugs were WHITE, and the muffler was beginning to turn gold at the front. He plugged it up, and that seems to have helped a lot. It's got a LOT more power now. Maybe it also would have with the 54Hs... but that's story that will never be verified.

I did two initial tuning runs late yesterday, and as expected VTune made a LOT of initial VE table adjustments. More tuning runs this week to get it dialed back in right again.

After this, I'm DONE for awhile... Wiz and I were both EXHAUSTED after those 3 marathon engine mods sessions... which included TWO unplanned trips to two different Harley dealers - one on Sunday for adjustable pushrod covers (D'Oh! My bad...), and another yesterday for new lifters after the rear exhaust lifter collapsed on us during compression checks and wouldn't hold the pushrod tight. We know why it collapsed (NOT an HQ Black Ops quality issue). I decided to just replace all of them temporarily - until I can get some more HQ Black Ops lifters. I don't really want to run the stock H-D lifters in there for too long... I've heard too many horror stories about them. Plus, the Black Ops are quieter.

If anyone is interested in a set of "gently used" 54H cams, feel free to PM me. They have 8000 miles on them but are in great shape. No scoring on the lobes, and they've always run in proper Torrington bearings.

THANK YOU AGAIN TO MR. WIZARD! I owe you and C even MORE now, Wiz!

The Wizard's Tune

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: SE 259e cams, etc. etc. etc.
« Reply #430 on: July 24, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »

The best thing is that you are a happy camper now Ken..... :2vrolijk_21:   whats next????

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #431 on: July 24, 2012, 06:22:15 PM »

The best thing is that you are a happy camper now Ken..... :2vrolijk_21:   whats next????

New top piston seal for my hydraulic lift (air assist hydraulic not air lift ken)......   :oops:

It started peeing on the floor.

I'll verify the grab the throttle and fasten your seat belt. You breath on the throttle and it's very touchy/perky. The throttle blade control table is still set at original. I strapped Ken in with a bungee cord before he left for home.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #432 on: July 24, 2012, 11:45:02 PM »

New top piston seal for my hydraulic lift (air assist hydraulic not air lift ken)......   :oops:

It started peeing on the floor.

I'll verify the grab the throttle and fasten your seat belt. You breath on the throttle and it's very touchy/perky. The throttle blade control table is still set at original. I strapped Ken in with a bungee cord before he left for home.

Wiz - You make it sound as if the Honey Badger is a Fat Boy that broke your lift! But I'm ALL IN for the lift hydro repairs, as I have told you. That big-ass lift has had many a bike on it... the Honey Badger MANY times in the year I've owned him. Seems like the least I could do for your continuing generosity. Now, if you'd only stop talking me into more mods... :2vrolijk_21:

But you haven't RIDDEN this BEAST you helped create yet... and you'd better strap yourself on WELL before you do! I don't want to be picking parts of you up off the road...

And for the record, I LIKE the TBC table set at 100% across the board... Damn the Torpedos... FULL STEAM AHEAD! ARRRRR!!!

The Wizard's Tune

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #433 on: July 25, 2012, 06:49:47 AM »

Ken.  Now you get to "mod" your pic that ends our posts.  Get that 54h outta there.  ::)And put in the new HD ones.    Ok. What are you gonna do now with all that power? Good thing that bike doesnt have wings ........ Yet   :pineapple:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 07:01:02 AM by cvostu »

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #434 on: July 25, 2012, 06:57:48 AM »

Wiz - You make it sound as if the Honey Badger is a Fat Boy that broke your lift! But I'm ALL IN for the lift hydro repairs, as I have told you. That big-ass lift has had many a bike on it... the Honey Badger MANY times in the year I've owned him. Seems like the least I could do for your continuing generosity. Now, if you'd only stop talking me into more mods... :2vrolijk_21:

But you haven't RIDDEN this BEAST you helped create yet... and you'd better strap yourself on WELL before you do! I don't want to be picking parts of you up off the road...

And for the record, I LIKE the TBC table set at 100% across the board... Damn the Torpedos... FULL STEAM AHEAD! ARRRRR!!!

There have been many, many bikes on my lift and if you think I'm sticking you with the bill that you Texted me about all last night... forget it. Taint huppening. Don't care how many ugly names you call me. Besides... I have a few chips with Hubbs and he rebuilds hydraulic cylinders. He said he would be taking a look at it and fix it for me. Besides... it's not all that bad of a leak. You should have seen my fork lift about a month ago. I'd go through about a gallon of fluid a week.

btw... running the throttle blade control at 100% isn't a real good idea. It prematurely wears out the throttle actuator and will cause your cruise control to be jerky.

Stu.. will be down your way Friday. Will wave when I pass. Be sure to be on the lookout for some idiot doing a howdy wave.   :2vrolijk_21:

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 24 queries.