Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34

Author Topic: NorthGeorgiaHawg's FLHXSE3 Mods  (Read 94362 times)

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
Re: BETTER Pics of my new 2012 CVO SG in Hot Citrus / Antique Gunstock
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2011, 09:35:46 PM »

That is a gorgeous bike!  I have no doubt it's a good thing I found my 2011 o/b before I came across one like this at a dealer.  I would not have been able to resist the temptation.  Thanks for sharing the pics.  Congratulations on a beautiful scooter.   :2vrolijk_21:

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2011, 09:50:47 PM »

Congratulations on the new ride!  I saw one "in the metal" last weekend.  You are at your pictures are better but the bike is still more beautiful in person. 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2011, 10:22:09 PM »

THANKS TO ALL for your very kind remarks!

I do love this bike, and no picture can really do justice to the fabulous paint job on it. The depth of color is simply amazing in person, and it just GLOWS with a warm richness of color in the sunshine - not like in the flash photos at all. Very complex, deep-looking paint formula the MoCo came up with this year - it looks a foot thick. It really is just beautiful to sit and look at... and is even MORE fun to RIDE! As soon as my 2011 stock SG seat comes in, that is. I took the Reduced Reach seat back because it moved me too far forward and the high-back look wasn't really right for this bike anyway. The '11 SG stock seat is a special order item... you'd think they'd keep ONE around the dealership, but no. So, I'll have to put up with the pretty-but-dysfunctional (for me) "park bench" stock seat for now, and tell my poor back to just sit down and shut up for another week...

Now I really want to see one in the Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon. I'll bet that looks like a gemstone!

One problem... I think my wife is getting jealous of the bike...  :oops:  But she's away for awhile on business, and it keeps me off the streets! Well... not really...

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2011, 09:25:45 AM »

Hey, NGH. Noticed that you are frequenting KC Harley up here. I just picked up my '12 Ruby Red last night from that dealer. Maybe we'll run into each other and we can get 'em side by side.  :2vrolijk_21:
Trust, but verify.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2011, 10:38:26 AM »

Hey, NGH. Noticed that you are frequenting KC Harley up here. I just picked up my '12 Ruby Red last night from that dealer. Maybe we'll run into each other and we can get 'em side by side.  :2vrolijk_21:

AWESOME! Congratulations! You're gonna LOVE the bike! They ride like a dream.... I GOTTA see your Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon SG SOON! I'll bet it's gorgeous! That color looks super-rich in pics - like a gemstone!

I was at KC just yesterday afternoon exchanging some parts (unfortunately not on the bike tho... can't carry much in the saddlebags...) I looked on the floor thinking they might have one, but didn't see it. :( Must have been in the back getting prepped for ya!  :bananarock:

Let's meet up, park 'em side by side somewhere with a nice background, and take some pics of 'em and post them here for everyone to see. That could be a first if we do it quickly! If we can find someone close by with a black one, we could take a killer group pic with all three - the black one in the middle, and our colorful bikes flanking it on either side... Would be a great shot!   :2vrolijk_21:

What part of town do you live in? I'm up very near the Buford Dam. Lake Lanier would be a great background.... Let's GIT 'ER DONE!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:41:13 AM by NorthGeorgiaHawg »

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »

Thanks. It is beautiful. It's darker than I originally thought but it looks great. She rolled off the truck at about 3:30 yesterday afternoon and I rode out of the shop at about 10. The bike never made it to the floor.  ;D I live in Johns Creek so it's just a short ride up to your neck of the woods. We'll have to set something up. The first '12 KC got was a black one (it never made it to the floor either) so someone in our area has it. A pic with all three would be great.
Trust, but verify.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2011, 02:05:30 PM »

Thanks. It is beautiful. It's darker than I originally thought but it looks great. She rolled off the truck at about 3:30 yesterday afternoon and I rode out of the shop at about 10. The bike never made it to the floor.  ;D I live in Johns Creek so it's just a short ride up to your neck of the woods. We'll have to set something up. The first '12 KC got was a black one (it never made it to the floor either) so someone in our area has it. A pic with all three would be great.

HA! Just as I was leaving Killer yesterday, they were unloading a bunch of new bikes off the truck with a forklift and lining them up in the parking lot... Didn't know at the time of course, but ONE of those wrapped-up bikes was yours! Cool!

Want to take a shot of our two up here at the lake? Name the time. I can do it today if you want... or tomorrow... or Friday... or Saturday morning... I want a pic of the two, dammit! :2vrolijk_21:

We need to find the guy with the black one, and set up a group photo session. Hopefully he'll show up here. Would be a fantastic group shot!

The Wizard's Tune

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2011, 02:38:38 PM »

We need to find the guy with the black one, and set up a group photo session. Hopefully he'll show up here. Would be a fantastic group shot!

I doubt your dealer would be able to give you the guys information, for privacy reasons, but you might be able to get your salesman to call on your behalf and leave your number for him to contact you if he is interested.

Definitely does not hurt to ask.  You did after all spend a large chunk of change there recently, and padded his paycheck a fair amount I suspect.  :2vrolijk_21:

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2011, 03:10:41 PM »

My bike was the last one off the truck. I'll pass along my info to the sales guy up at KC and see if we get a bite. I'm riding down to Savannah on Friday for a beerfest so I won't be in town for the rest of the week. Maybe we can meet up on monday if you don't have any Labor Day plans. :2vrolijk_09:
Trust, but verify.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2011, 03:33:35 PM »

I doubt your dealer would be able to give you the guys information, for privacy reasons, but you might be able to get your salesman to call on your behalf and leave your number for him to contact you if he is interested.

Definitely does not hurt to ask.  You did after all spend a large chunk of change there recently, and padded his paycheck a fair amount I suspect.  :2vrolijk_21:

Oh, I would never ask nor expect a dealer to give out info like that - nor would I ever tolerate them giving out info about me. I could ask them to have the guy contact me if he's interested in a group shot tho.

BTW, I didn't buy my bike at Killer. I bought it from H-D of Macon - Greg Sassaman's dealership. Family dealership started back in the 50s by his father. Greg's a great guy, and they treated me right. No pressure to buy an extended warranty or anything. I bought one anyway, because of all the electronic gadgetry on this bike that WILL break eventually! The iPod's stopped working already - doesn't show up in the radio menu anymore - so I have to take it in to find out what's up with that... there's a connection inside the fairing that I am NOT going to mess with on a new bike like this!

I bought my old '95 FLHTP Police Special used at Killer though... plus TONS of parts for that, and for this one already... CVO color-matched Tour Pak with all the fitting$ is on its way (I just gotta have a TP on road trips!), plus a new '11 standard SG/RG seat and rider backrest for my aging, aching back (can't take the thin little pan on this bike... there's no back support, and there's no backrest option for it. Grrrrr...), matching passenger footboards, highway bar mounts for the passenger pegs, Paul Yaffe curved license plate frame, etc, etc. Trust me, Killer makes a decent amount of money off of me!

I also do business at Fraziers, another good family dealership that is actually much nearer to my house up here than Killer is. Got my last set of wide whitewall Dunlops for the FLHTP at Fraziers last fall... walked in there on a Saturday morning with no appointment and with two NOS Nempco 80-spoke chrome wire wheels in tow, bought the tires from them (20% off sale!), and they mounted and balanced the tires, set the bearing runout, and had me out the door in under two hours. Good folks there and a competent shop, like Killer. We have good dealers in these parts, fortunately!

The Wizard's Tune

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2011, 09:52:41 PM »

Bike looks great, pics are good but I know it looks way better in person. The OEM seat is awsome and really looks custom. I always thought MOCO could have done something a little more custom than the same old cow bell horn cover. 
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2011, 10:00:47 PM »

Bike looks great, pics are good but I know it looks way better in person. The OEM seat is awsome and really looks custom. I always thought MOCO could have done something a little more custom than the same old cow bell horn cover. 

Thanks! Yeah, the seat LOOKS awesome... but for me it sure doesn't RIDE awesome. It's going on the shelf. This old fart needs a backrest! Still looking at options to get rid of the cowbell.. I have never like those things at all. I have a Mini-Beast air horn in the FLHTP, and it is LOUD, like a horn SHOULD be... not the anemic little beep that comes from the stocker. Not sure if the Mini-Beast look is right for the SG though, nor are classic horns. Harley makes an air horn, but I don't like the look of it. The compressor is right there in full view, and isn't very pretty IMHO. So I'll keep looking. I like having a really loud air horn... it gets the attention of the cagers with their A/C and radios on...   

The Wizard's Tune

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2011, 06:50:08 AM »

I'll consider that a CHALLENGE, Aussie! Now I'll be on the HUNT for one... :rifle:
G'day NGH,
Well looks like you have found a  :pepper: Ruby and to top it off a  :jalapeno: Blackdiamond as well, your a Hunter now only to catch the shots to show them off to us.

Sitting on the fence waiting for the pictures.  :carrot: :pepper: :jalapeno:

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2011, 07:18:21 AM »

Yeah, the seat LOOKS awesome... but for me it sure doesn't RIDE awesome. It's going on the shelf. This old fart needs a backrest!

I have heard good things about the 2011 seat and have thought of buying one of those myself once my 2012 gets here in a couple weeks.  Guess I will have to go look up what that upgrade is going to cost and add it to the already page long list.  ;D

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2011, 07:31:19 AM »

What's the part number for the 2011 seat?  I cannot seem to find it on HD's website, must be another CVO only part.  Even though they show the rider's backrest for the 2011 CVO seat the actual seat is no where to be found.  :(
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 24 queries.