Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: V&H Hi Out-Puts vs. CFR vs. Rinehart 4 inch exhaust  (Read 11934 times)

STL RYDER

V&H Hi Out-Puts vs. CFR vs. Rinehart 4 inch exhaust
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:54:54 PM »

I'm just wondering what the muffler of choice is and why you like what you like.

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
Re: V&H Hi Out-Puts vs. CFR vs. Rinehart 4 inch exhaust
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 02:20:55 AM »

Owned all of these last year and tried them on my 2010 SE Ultra with 110 and vance and hines power duals..

V and H Hi outputs?  All bass and no crack.   CFR?  Mean loud sound like a race car but no back pressure.  Bike didn't run good with these. Looked great on bike though!  Very high quality construction! Great chrome! I hear he has torque cones going in new ones to create some back pressure.  Rinehart?  Not bad but a little raspy not in a good way.  Last ones I tried with that bike and the  ones I liked the best?  Fuelmoto Jackpot dyno tuned.  A really good sound.  

2011 FLHXSE that I ride now.. Started with the Monster rounds on stock pipe... again bassy with not much crack.  Put on some of my old VH Basic slip ons... not bad, at least they have some crack.  THen, motor work done and new pipe installed... my favorite of anything I have ever used and highly regarded by all my friends that hear it...

D AND D FATCAT!!!!  I didnt think I would like a 2 into 1 sound, but I was mistaken.  Awesome pipe in every way.  Bad @$$!  I have wrapped performance baffle.  Sweet!

Dennis
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:23:52 AM by DennisG »
2011 CVO Street Glide
Black Diamond with Crimson graphics
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!
Harley LED headlights and passing lamps
Focal spkrs and Arc Audio amp
Wild One Chubby bars 0575

plasmadaddy

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite & Black Diamond Street Glide
    • The Rhythm Patrol
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 02:41:52 AM »

V & H Hi Ouputs with V & H power duals.

Great performance and been told it's like riding behind a pack of B52 bombers by fellow riders  ;D

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 07:27:33 AM »

with the new torque insert, hands down, CFR
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 07:34:33 AM »

Owned all of these last year and tried them on my 2010 SE Ultra with 110 and vance and hines power duals..

V and H Hi outputs?  All bass and no crack.   CFR?  Mean loud sound like a race car but no back pressure.  Bike didn't run good with these. Looked great on bike though!  Very high quality construction! Great chrome! I hear he has torque cones going in new ones to create some back pressure.  Rinehart?  Not bad but a little raspy not in a good way.  Last ones I tried with that bike and the  ones I liked the best?  Fuelmoto Jackpot dyno tuned.  A really good sound. 

2011 FLHXSE that I ride now.. Started with the Monster rounds on stock pipe... again bassy with not much crack.  Put on some of my old VH Basic slip ons... not bad, at least they have some crack.  THen, motor work done and new pipe installed... my favorite of anything I have ever used and highly regarded by all my friends that hear it...

D AND D FATCAT!!!!  I didnt think I would like a 2 into 1 sound, but I was mistaken.  Awesome pipe in every way.  Bad @$$!  I have wrapped performance baffle.  Sweet!

Dennis

FatCat with Wrapped Performance Baffle (and ghost pipe if you want the dual pipe look).   +1

STL RYDER

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 08:12:00 AM »

Any dyno numbers with these?

STL RYDER

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 08:37:19 AM »

Does the torque insert change the sound any?

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 09:06:10 AM »

I have the V & H Hi-Outputs with V & H Dresser Duals.

After playing around installing their Quiet Baffle option I've finally come to terms that I like the Hi-Outputs without the Quiet Baffle. Dynoed at 108.25 TQ and 89.52 HP on a 96 degree day with high humidity. From what I've read on the sight this is right in the range of the exhaust only changes out there. (Note! By "in the range" I mean thats taking into consideration of all the variables of the dyno calibrations you read about) I've read about these 110's putting out up to 120 TQ and 115 HP with just pipes??? I don't know about that.

Anyway, the Hi-outputs are a little loud rolling on the throttle on the slower backroad rides but they are perfect down the highway. Plus, they sound great at WOT.

I've only heard the CFR's once at idle and they sounded DEEP. I have not heard the new 4" Rineharts but a friend had a set from about 3 years ago and they were pretty cracky.

Good Luck on you decision.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 10:17:50 AM »

Does the torque insert change the sound any?

That would be my question too.  Never heard these CFR's in person but MAN do they sound cool on you tube!!

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 11:36:33 AM »

Without the torque inserts CFR's Rock!! Plenty of torque and HP.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 07:34:13 AM »

i listened to the CFR's with & without the torque inserts, absolutely no difference in the sounds. still awesome
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 07:43:13 AM »

D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 with ghost pipe. Loud, deep, tight sound.  :2vrolijk_21:
Trust, but verify.

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 24 queries.