Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fortune Cookie  (Read 1134 times)

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
Fortune Cookie
« on: June 09, 2006, 09:17:55 AM »

The fortune cookie fortune that no one wants.
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Fortune Cookie
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 10:51:39 AM »

I've gotten that one before.  I travel a lot in Asia,  and I don't even ask anymore.....
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:13:59 PM »

I've gotten that one before.  I travel a lot in Asia,  and I don't even ask anymore.....

Older article on a new emerging market:

CHINESE FARMERS PROFIT FROM DOG MEAT    
Source: Deutsche Presse

Beijing (dpa) - Rising demand for dog meat and oversupply of pork have persuaded a growing number of Chinese farmers and companies to rear dogs for meat, state media reported on Thursday.

Demand for dog was already more than 100,000 tons per year but supply was just 40,000 tons, leaving a "promising future'' with room for the rearing of 10 million more dogs annually, the Beijing based Farmers' Daily said.

In coastal provinces, dog meat prices were up to double pork prices and many people now ate dog all year instead of only in winter, the newspaper said.

In the late 1990s many Chinese pork farmers went bankrupt or changed business after oversupply led to a price slump.

Dog farming, and dog meat restaurants and canning and drying industries had expanded for 10 years, it said.

A "modern'' dog farm in the eastern province of Shandong had 15,000 dogs and produced nearly 100 tons of meat per year to be sold in several areas of mainland China and in Hong Kong.

The model farm, supported by the local government, planned to triple output in the next two years, increasing annual revenue to about 10 million yuan (1.2 million dollars), Farmers' Daily said.

The article urged more farmers to consider dog rearing, which was "easier than raising pigs or chickens,'' saying they could derive extra income from selling the gallbladder, kidney, penis and bones for medicinal use.

Among the best breeds for meat were the Tibetan mastiff, the "Chinese food dog'' and the "pork meat dog.''

To quote Homer Simpson, ".....mmmmmmm!"
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 02:06:44 PM »

The thought of eating dog makes me gag. I love dogs and can't even picture eating one. I know it's a culture thing but damn! :P

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 02:39:22 PM »

The thought of eating dog makes me gag. I love dogs and can't even picture eating one. I know it's a culture thing but damn! :P

Couldn't agree more.  I'd be much more likely to eat a broiled Chinaman. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 09:23:11 AM »

Well,
    The simple fact is that they eat EVERYTHING over there.  If you look through most of Asia,  there are no dogs around....they have eradicated the species from the whole country....birds too for that matter.  They've even done a good number on bugs over there as well.  I was in Suzsho a couple of months ago (just east of Shanghai), and there was a fountain in the town center where birds would come to drink.  I've hear that the local would catch the birds there,  and take them home for dinner.  At one point,  they discovered many dead ones lying around the area (most likely from bird flu),  and officials were out there stopping people from taking the dead ones and eating them.....I've eaten a lot of different things in my life,  but I'm pretty sure that they were ALL alive just before being killed for my consumption.  I just can't imagine coming across a piece of road kill,  and saying to my self........hmmmm,  this is my lucky day...free dinner.
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 04:24:01 PM »

Thats sickening.I love my dogs and the thought of eating them would never cross my mind.Matt you are corrct in saying that Asians do eat some funky chit ,but 100,000 tons of dog,repulsive.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 06:46:20 PM »

John,
   Is that a Boston Terrier...........those little guys are one of my favorites........

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 09:25:30 AM »

Start 'em young over there I guess............

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 12:42:52 AM »

I LIKE CORN DOGS AND HUSH PUPPIES!!! NOT TO MENTION HOT DOGS AND CHILI DOGS. HOW ABOUT KIT KATS, TATER TOTS etc.,etc.
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.- Roger Staubach.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 24 queries.