Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade in Value for 2011 Convertible  (Read 1367 times)

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Trade in Value for 2011 Convertible
« on: September 10, 2011, 12:09:40 AM »

Ok, here we are at the same point as last year.  Where the question is asked, what is our 2011 convertible worth on a trade in for a 2012?  I have been offered and told that my 2011 with 8K and in perfect shape is worth $23,800.  anybody heard any higher?  or lower?  I picked up my '11 on the 8th of October last year which is still a month away from now but so far there are very few bikes out there it seems.  Very few.  But maybe the same applied last year and I just wasn't aware of it.    so, if anybody is dealing this early in the game, of course they will offer a pittance but let's hear what we've heard our stuff is worth..........  Pork.

myanoch

• Junior CVO Member
    • IN

• CVO1: 2011 cvo softail convertible
Re: Trade in Value for 2011 Convertible
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:16:51 AM »

I took mine to dealer he offer me 20,000 trade in value
2,500 miles no scratches , clean  , blue, race tuner, exhaust
If I got $25,000 I would have  let it go
Mike

millmutt

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
    • CVO2: 2007 FXDSE
    • CVO3: 2011 FLSTSE2
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 10:58:45 PM »

To me when you are trading a bike its really all about the difference. I don't care what they might value my bike at I only care about how much will
come out of my pocket.

I really try to buy right at the front end because the bike is only worth what the market will bear when it comes time to sell or trade.

Bought a Deuce 4 1/2 years ago for 10,000, great buy at the time. Sold it 20,000 miles later for 9,500, great return.

After I had the Deuce I bought a 2007 CVO Springer that I had picked up from a private party, perfect bike for 13,000. Fantastic deal.

Rode it for a while but really liked the Convertible. Traded the Springer and 10,000 for a new 2011 Convertible with
Super Tuner, mapped, Vance and Hines. So I'm into the Convertible for 23,000. I'm happy.

I have been finding 2011 Convertibles offered outright for 26,500

Millmutt

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 08:48:19 AM »

If people persist in giving in to their urges for "new and different" every year (or every six months when it comes to electronic gadgets), then they should be accustomed to losing large sums of money on a regular basis by now.  The days of buying a Harley and selling it for a profit a year later are well behind us, and I don't envision that unusual set of circumstances returning any time soon.

Harley's have joined the rest of the real world when it comes to depreciation, and you can now enjoy the same sucking sound from your wallet, as you ride off on your new bike, that all those other brands have enjoyed for years.  Btw, this is just one more reason for never paying over MSRP.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

myanoch

• Junior CVO Member
    • IN

• CVO1: 2011 cvo softail convertible
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 01:10:54 PM »

The problem is the convertible is not popular
my dealer still has A2011 on the floor
if it was a streetglide it would be sold
I just believe this by whats selling
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:43:17 PM by myanoch »
Mike

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 02:32:37 PM »

Well, yesterday calling around I got the most gut-wrenching response I have ever received.  remember I have been saying that the dealers have to make a little profit for them to stay in business.  I was told by a salesman (I will protect his identity so nobody will know how much of a thief he is......I won't say his name but his initials are spelled backwards gerG) at s'reldnahC Harley Davidson, Chandler, Az, that my 2011 Convertible in perfect shape with 8800 miles on it, traded in on a 2012 convertible would be my bike plus $16k difference.  Aaaannnndddd, the transportation for the bike could be my choice (I'm sure I would be paying for it) to get it up to Washington state.  $16 thousand difference!!!  What a crook!  They have a sister dealership right 14 miles from my house and guess who I won't bother to try to deal with either?   Wasn't too difficult to tell him to go pound sand.    Pork.  Sometimes it's easier to watch certain dealerships go under from not wanting to make any deals.  
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:00:45 PM by porkypig »

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 20 queries.