Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Pissed Off  (Read 3947 times)

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
Re: Pissed Off
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 11:45:08 PM »

Did you get the bike back yet and was it to your satisfaction?

Heard lots of Seacoast HD stories over the years....non good.

Try Big Moose up the road a bit in Maine, we stopped there this summer and bought a couple of shirts and they treated us like royalty. Heck the Sales Manager even recommended a local Seafood place for dinner then came back by with contact info and a map he pulled off Google so we wouldn't get lost.

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 08:12:37 AM »

If no joy then you get to express your feelings in the new bike customer satisfaction survey and with HD Customer Support.

OH BOY  Dealers are all about those surveys being filled out with all excellent marks!!!!!!!!!  ! would vent to the owner and if no satisfaction let it rip on the survey.

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 10:51:43 AM »

Unfortunately, there are probably just as many bad dealers out there as there are good ones.  And my local dealer, since changing hands and names 4 years ago, is one of the bad ones.  :(

To start with they cannot keep any staff longer then about year.  This includes all levels and areas of sales, all levels of service, and even the parts counter.  So unless you go in regularly, you are always dealing with someone new.  Hard to form any relations with a dealership when the people you deal with keep changing every few months.

Considering this trend did not start until the dealership changed hands, and that the only person that has not left since changing hands is the owner, it kind of points to the route of the problem being with the new owner herself.  IMO ;)

Now for latest reason for my poor rating of my local dealer, whose name I will not use, but is easy to figure out considering they and I reside in the same city.

To make a long story short, I started with one sales manager trying to find me a 2011 CVO SG and ended with a second sales manager waiting for a 2012 CVO SG they already had on the schedule for September.  The first flat out lied about a few supposedly different deals he had on a bike for me.  The second treated me like I was bothering him every single time I would stop in to check on the status of the 2012’s arrival.  He would also not return my calls if I tried to call about the status.

Then to make an already strained relationship worse, my bike finally arrives on Tuesday of last week and no one bothers to call to tell me.  I finally call in to inquire about the status at 2:00PM on Thursday since it had been a week since I last spoke to him about my bike’s status.  He finally returns my call at 5:00PM saying it had arrived 2 days ago.  >:(

I of course immediately hope in my truck and head right down to the dealer, which is literally only 3 miles away from my house.  My bike is on a lift but has not been touched yet and they say they will not get to it until first thing tomorrow morning.  So I ask to get the paperwork started and the sales manager says he cannot until tomorrow morning either.  Fine, so we set up an appointment for 9:00AM the next morning when they open to do all the paperwork.

Then the final straw for me was when I showed up the next morning at 9:00AM.

I walk in with all the paperwork and accessories for my trade, including the signed title and keys.  I look around, and the sales manager is nowhere to be found.  I wait a couple minutes and then ask the guy behind the parts counter if he has seen him.  The guy says he’s in a meeting.  At this point I am starting to get mad.  A minute later I ask how long he is going to be.  He says, about 30 minutes.  That’s it, I have had all I can take and say you need to go tell him I am here and he needs to come out NOW, he can have his meeting after he talks to me.  30 seconds later the owner comes out and starts apologizing for the delay and says the sales manager called in sick and she would personally take care of me.  So the parts guy just flat out lied to me as well.  Apparently, lying to customers is a standard practice for EVERYONE at this dealership. >:(

However, from that point on everything went as I would have expected all CVO sales to go, as I was treated like a person that was indeed spending over $32,000 on a new motorcycle.  The owner personally took care of me as she took me to see and introduce me to the new finance girl, the previous guy left the week before.  Then the owner took me to meet the service manager who also personally made sure my bike was ready, supervised the washing, drying and fueling, and then went over the check out with me himself.  With the owner checking in during both the finance and service parts of the process, and chatting with me like she actually cared to have my business for a change.

But for me it was too little, too late.  I had not only purchased my previous CVO there, albeit prior to her taking over, but also my wife’s brand new 2008 Nightster after she took ownership.  I had also done all my service and purchased all my upgrades, which were numerous for the 2 bikes over the years, from them.

Unfortunately, my stories are not uncommon at this dealership.  I have heard of many others from close friends, relatives, and other acquaintances.

Bottom line, I will never purchase another bike from, or even service my new bike at this dealership.  I will travel over an hour one way to the next closest dealer, which is highly rated for their owner satisfaction and quality of service.  And if they live up to that claim in person, they will have my business from now on, including my next CVO purchase when that ultimately comes around again.

jcd520

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 12:37:24 PM »

Probably too late for this , but after discovering the first lie, I would have told the owner and moved on to another dealership. Thats a deal breaker for me. The most childish and unforgivable of sins. Absolutely no reason for it.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »

Probably too late for this , but after discovering the first lie, I would have told the owner and moved on to another dealership. Thats a deal breaker for me. The most childish and unforgivable of sins. Absolutely no reason for it.
   I think I am too forgiving as well.  After a few issues with my local dealer (not hard to figure out which one it is either, as I live on an Island with only one dealer), in hindsight, I should have walked away and gone elsewhere sooner, too!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

mark

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 09:15:19 PM »

Join the club of those that drive past several HD dealers to get to one we like.  My round-trip to the HD dealer I like is 150 miles.  There are two other dealers closer that I ignore and several that are the same distance.  Good Luck.

2 Disturbed

• CVO1: 2011 SESG, Black Diamond & Crimson
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 10:36:17 PM »

I'm lucky!!! I'm 4 miles away from my dealership, El Cajon Harley in San Diego, CA.  Everyone, including the parts dept, service dept, sales dept, general manager, sales manager, and service manager are great!!!  All are cheerful and helpful.  The dealership and service dept is clean.  I have bought 3 bikes from them, and they gave me a great deal (discount) on all my bikes including the 2011 Street Glide CVO.  :2vrolijk_21:

Too bad we all can't have the same service!  :confused5:
2011 SESG with Fullsac X-pipe, TTS Tuner, 2.0 Fulsac baffles, and dyno at 96 HP and 110 torque by Steve at Fulsac.
1994 Road King, 1990 Heritage Softail, 1987 FXR, 1984 FXR.

BTAman

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 01:58:18 AM »

Suddenly I feel better about having to drive only thirty-five miles each way for my dealer of choice. I guess what pisses me off is that they used to be much closer and HD Corporate pushed for them to move into another HD dealership that had gone belly up. The new facility is much nicer than the old but I really miss the convenience of having them close by. The lengths we go to in order to find excellent service...(sigh).

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 02:01:14 AM »

If  have to leave the Island to get to a HD dealer...I just might leave the country as well.....and buy my next bike in the US and get warranty there too!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 07:49:35 AM »

The only reason I put up with all the BS from my local dealer is they gave me a deal that no other dealer would even come close to.  The next closest dealer, cost wise, was over $3,000 more expensive.

Due to me trading both my Fat Boy and my wife’s bike for the new bike, the trade-in values were very important.  And since I had purchased both bikes from this dealer, and done all my service with them as well, they offered me full resale price for both my trades.

The best I could get from any other dealer was high trade value on them.  And when you are talking about trading 2 bikes the difference between high trade and full resale is substantial.

So I really had no choice but to put up with my local dealer until I took possession of the new bike.  But now that I have it, they will not see me, my bike, or my business again.  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.