Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Pissed Off  (Read 3936 times)

bigmuff

Pissed Off
« on: September 23, 2011, 06:08:59 PM »

Bought a 2012 Ruby Red about 2-3 weeks ago.  Riding it home I couldn't seem to adjust the left mirror properly.  My hand was always in the way.  When I got home I looked closer and realized that the handlebars were crooked relative to the fairing.  The left side is up much higher than the right.

So I took the bike back the next day to be fixed.  A few days go by and they call and say the bars aren't bent properly and they have to order new ones.  I say fine.

About a week later I finally get a call saying the bike is fixed.  So I show up to pick the bike up and I'm left standing there for at least 15 minutes waiting for someone to bring the bike out.  Meanwhile there are technicians just milling around laughing and joking the whole time.  At this point my blood pressure is starting to go up.

Finally a tech brings the bike out.  I put on my gear and hop aboard.  I grab the handlebars and, just as before, my left hand is obscuring the mirror.  I get off and look and the bars are just as crooked as before.  I call the service manager out and proceed to rip him a new one.  They bring the bike back in and I leave.

It's been three days now and no word from them.  At this point I'm ready to ask for my money back.  PITA.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Pissed Off
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:17:05 PM »

If the servicing dealer is the same as the selling dealer you might want to "annul" that relationship... sounds like you are going to be the only one getting screwed in the end. :( >:(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 06:17:22 PM »

YOU HAVE EVER RIGHT TO BE PISSED
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 06:18:09 PM »

That must be frustrating... but try to keep your cool. You don't really want to give up that gorgeous bike because of some crooked bars, do you???

The dealer really needs to get them fixed on this go-round though... what did they do, put the crooked ones back on? Or do nothing? That's more likely. Hope there's not something more seriously wrong with the front end...

Coincidentally, I just installed a set of Wild 1 Chubbys on my bike. I have a thread about it. The stock bars made me stretch my arms a bit too much.

Good luck with this!

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 06:34:31 PM »

If they replaced the bar with a new one and it was still bent I would say that where the bar mounts or attaches is defective. I would be checking that.

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 07:09:37 PM »

Great time to upgrade your bars with no labor charge! Which stealer is it? Could turn out to be a good thing if you work it right.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

mark

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 08:32:23 PM »

If they replaced the bars and the problem still exists, I'd be inclined to say it isn't the bars (what's the chance two sets of bars are bent, and exactly the same)?

I'd look for another cause, improperly mounted/crooked bat wing, etc.

FYI...it really pisses people to be at a retailer and see employees F - off, when customers need tending to.

Bag Man

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Atomic Orange & Galaxy Grey
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:50:02 PM »

Sorry to hear of your dealer experience.   There's good ones and not-so-good ones.  That's the reason we travel >100 miles vs. 25.   Wouldn't take a free bike from the close one.   Non-existent customer service, lousy tech work and sorry merchandise.  Sounds like the bike was dropped!  They should make it right....contact the next level at HDMC.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 10:38:20 PM »

Fight the good fight.  Hold them accountable.  I would ask for the service manager followed by the owner.  Many times these owners are walking the floor and just blend in with the other folks.  It just takes getting into the ear of the correct person.  Good luck!
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

sebastianguy

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »

Sorry to hear that...try to keepp yourself cool..

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 07:15:08 AM »

hey bigmuff, what part of the world do you live?
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

bigmuff

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 09:31:40 PM »

So I called Sunday and asked about the status.  Response was "bike is all set, couldn't find anything wrong with it".  At this point I lost it.  I spoke to the service manager and asked "If the bike is all set then why didn't anyone call me?  Furthermore, there is definitely something wrong and I'm not going to simply live with it".

Finally, a few hours later, the SM calls me back and says sheepishly "there was a missing washer on one side".

So bike is all set now but I strongly advise purchasing anything from Seacoast Harley in Hampton, NH.  The attitude of the staff varies from indifferent to downright rude.

If I spend $35K on a bike I should get treated like royalty.  Instead I was treated like a second-class citizen.

I own my own company and I would never treat a customer the way I was treated by these clowns.  They were all smiles when they were taking my money.  After that they wanted nothing to do with me.  My bike sat in the service dept. so long that the temporary plate had expired by the time I finally got it back.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 09:36:47 PM »

That's the reason we travel >100 miles vs. 25.   
  Some of us even have to take a two hour ferry ride to get away from our local dealer!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 09:40:57 PM »

So I called Sunday and asked about the status.  Response was "bike is all set, couldn't find anything wrong with it".  At this point I lost it.  I spoke to the service manager and asked "If the bike is all set then why didn't anyone call me?  Furthermore, there is definitely something wrong and I'm not going to simply live with it".

Finally, a few hours later, the SM calls me back and says sheepishly "there was a missing washer on one side".

So bike is all set now but I strongly advise purchasing anything from Seacoast Harley in Hampton, NH.  The attitude of the staff varies from indifferent to downright rude.

If I spend $35K on a bike I should get treated like royalty.  Instead I was treated like a second-class citizen.

I own my own company and I would never treat a customer the way I was treated by these clowns.  They were all smiles when they were taking my money.  After that they wanted nothing to do with me.  My bike sat in the service dept. so long that the temporary plate had expired by the time I finally got it back.

No you weren't... you were treated like a Steerage passenger on the RMS Titanic! That dealer will end up in the same place as the Titanic did if they continue to treat paying customers like that... and they will absolutely deserve it! In this economy, dealers should be bending over BACKWARDS to help ALL customers, but many just haven't seem to have gotten the picture yet. We are likely going to see significantly fewer H-D dealers in the future - simply due to the crappy-and-getting-worse economy, and the outrageous mortgages a lot of them probably have on the H-D Shrines they've built...

Even though they are a thousand miles from where I live, thanks for the word of warning about those losers! They sound like one of the dealers who should just go away. We have some of those kinds of dealers here in Atlanta, too.

So are your bars at least straight now??? Hope so after all of the trouble this has caused you.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 10:22:27 PM »

So I called Sunday and asked about the status.  Response was "bike is all set, couldn't find anything wrong with it".  At this point I lost it.  I spoke to the service manager and asked "If the bike is all set then why didn't anyone call me?  Furthermore, there is definitely something wrong and I'm not going to simply live with it".

So bike is all set now but I strongly advise purchasing anything from Seacoast Harley in Hampton, NH.  The attitude of the staff varies from indifferent to downright rude.

If I spend $35K on a bike I should get treated like royalty.  Instead I was treated like a second-class citizen.

I own my own company and I would never treat a customer the way I was treated by these clowns.  They were all smiles when they were taking my money.  After that they wanted nothing to do with me.  My bike sat in the service dept. so long that the temporary plate had expired by the time I finally got it back.

I was hoping they would discover a loose or missing fairing bolt.  That would have made sense as opposed to a washer.

It seems that there was no incentive to get your new bike fixed after the money changed hands. I would schedule a meeting right away with the GM and the owner and let them know how you feel. If no joy then you get to express your feelings in the new bike customer satisfaction survey and with HD Customer Support.

Regards

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:13:25 AM by CVOStreetglide »
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 24 queries.