Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Missing at Cold Idle after Fullsac Installation  (Read 7465 times)

remington007

Re: Missing at Cold Idle after Fullsac Installation
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2011, 04:22:46 PM »

I had a similar problem with a stage 1 MT8 map, idled bad and ran poor on warm up. V-Tuning did not help nor changing the warm up portion. I downloaded the equivalent MT7 map and the bike ran perfect. Switching back and forth verified the problem stayed with the map on THAT bike. I would suggest (if your supplied map is a MT8) Is to cut and paste the VE charts from the fulsac map to the equivalent MT7 file and try that.

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 04:51:44 PM »

I have a good MT7 file that you can try.  PM me if interested and I'll send it to you.

PM sent.
Fullsac X-Pipe "B", TTS Mastertune, Rinehart Slip-ons, full LED conversion

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 04:52:56 PM »

I had a similar problem with a stage 1 MT8 map, idled bad and ran poor on warm up. V-Tuning did not help nor changing the warm up portion. I downloaded the equivalent MT7 map and the bike ran perfect. Switching back and forth verified the problem stayed with the map on THAT bike. I would suggest (if your supplied map is a MT8) Is to cut and paste the VE charts from the fulsac map to the equivalent MT7 file and try that.

The Fullsac maps have all been MT7 formatted.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2011, 05:30:35 PM »

MAP sent...hope it works for you!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2011, 07:33:34 PM »

Yeah, what's up with the MT8 maps?  Nothing to do with Steve's map but I did change exhaust on my '07 and put in Fullsac's 1.75" baffles in stock cans.  Started with an MT8 base map to VTune.  Ran several sessions and all seemed OK but on the last session the bike started acting funny at idle and off idle - like it did not want to take throttle coming off idle and actually died a couple times.  It was late in the day and I was tired so I called it a day thinking I would have to take it to the dealer.  But next day I re-loaded the MT7 map that was in the bike from the previous exhaust system to use it as a start for VTune sessions.  Ran several sessions with no problem.  Have over 4k on it now with no problem.  Something about the MT8 version map it did not like.   :nixweiss:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2011, 07:37:05 PM »

Yeah, what's up with the MT8 maps?  Nothing to do with Steve's map but I did change exhaust on my '07 and put in Fullsac's 1.75" baffles in stock cans.  Started with an MT8 base map to VTune.  Ran several sessions and all seemed OK but on the last session the bike started acting funny at idle and off idle - like it did not want to take throttle coming off idle and actually died a couple times.  It was late in the day and I was tired so I called it a day thinking I would have to take it to the dealer.  But next day I re-loaded the MT7 map that was in the bike from the previous exhaust system to use it as a start for VTune sessions.  Ran several sessions with no problem.  Have over 4k on it now with no problem.  Something about the MT8 version map it did not like.   :nixweiss:

Which may explain why Fullsac is using MT7 maps?

txhawg

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2011, 08:28:13 AM »

Knowing what I know about the Fullsac map I'll tell you it's not the map.  If I were you I'd be looking for a problem with my bike.  MAP sensor?  Exhaust leak?

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2011, 10:56:26 AM »

Knowing what I know about the Fullsac map I'll tell you it's not the map.  If I were you I'd be looking for a problem with my bike.  MAP sensor?  Exhaust leak?

Thanks for your confidence Bro! But it was my blunder. Converting celcius to farenheight can be a bitch. I am constantly making small tweeks my maps in an ongoing effort to
improve them. Anyone who recieved one of my maps in the last month that is having a cold idle miss should contact me. The miss will last about 20-30 seconds when your bike is stone cold. Won't happen again for the rest of the day unless its really cold outside.

Thanks to all my customers on CVO forum for your continued support.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »

Thanks for your confidence Bro! But it was my blunder. Converting celcius to farenheight can be a bitch. I am constantly making small tweeks my maps in an ongoing effort to
improve them. Anyone who recieved one of my maps in the last month that is having a cold idle miss should contact me. The miss will last about 20-30 seconds when your bike is stone cold. Won't happen again for the rest of the day unless its really cold outside.

Thanks to all my customers on CVO forum for your continued support.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance

This is perfect.  George doesn't need (nor may even want) my thoughts in support here.   But.....

So many of the "member" vendors are members second and salesmen first.  You know that nearly every conversation they enter is done with an eye toward elevating their product; making a pitch for their product or against someone else's.  Won't happen with every post they make as they attempt to be subtle.  But you know it's coming.

Fullsac here pitches his stuff; sure.  But that's it.  And most of the time he screws around with and like the rest of us.  "The bald guy can weld" and ride and enjoy what's going on and occasionally pitch his product without any knock on anyone nor anything else. 

Then, what do we find, he's learned the lesson of the Nixon White House.  If you made a mistake claim it and move on.  No big deal.  Others that dwell to sell among us wouldn't do that.  They'd obfuscate, prevaricate and even spread their eliminate to specifically avoid being at fault.  But they're not that subtle and we're not that dumb.

It works so much better and gains a guy a much more positive impression to simply say "yeah, I screwed up, sorry, got it fixed it now though" and move on.  I'd spend dollars with a guy that did that much more easily than I would with a guy who tried to never make a mistake.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2011, 11:49:30 AM »

This is perfect.  George doesn't need (nor may even want) my thoughts in support here.   But.....

So many of the "member" vendors are members second and salesmen first.  You know that nearly every conversation they enter is done with an eye toward elevating their product; making a pitch for their product or against someone else's.  Won't happen with every post they make as they attempt to be subtle.  But you know it's coming.

Fullsac here pitches his stuff; sure.  But that's it.  And most of the time he screws around with and like the rest of us.  "The bald guy can weld" and ride and enjoy what's going on and occasionally pitch his product without any knock on anyone nor anything else. 

Then, what do we find, he's learned the lesson of the Nixon White House.  If you made a mistake claim it and move on.  No big deal.  Others that dwell to sell among us wouldn't do that.  They'd obfuscate, prevaricate and even spread their eliminate to specifically avoid being at fault.  But they're not that subtle and we're not that dumb.

It works so much better and gains a guy a much more positive impression to simply say "yeah, I screwed up, sorry, got it fixed it now though" and move on.  I'd spend dollars with a guy that did that much more easily than I would with a guy who tried to never make a mistake.

Couldn't have said it better..   :2vrolijk_21:

("They'd obfuscate, prevaricate and even spread their eliminate to specifically avoid being at fault." -  Especially that part...!)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 11:56:24 AM »

Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2011, 12:01:09 PM »

Thanks Twolaner.

In the racing days we had a saying. "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday." If your building motors, getting the holeshot was even better than winning from behind.
BS was never an option if you planned on facing your customers next week. Sadly for many consumers, this Harley business can be a little more gray at times.

SG
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2011, 12:02:21 PM »

X3

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2011, 12:09:02 PM »

Was just thinking how good this story ends and it dawned on me it was on both sides.  Here's raising a beer to both Steve and gabhart.
gabhart your a pretty calm and cool customer in dealing with what must have been pretty frustrating.  Cheers!

Glad it has all been figured out!

gup

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2011, 08:18:51 PM »

MAP sent...hope it works for you!

Thanks for your map to try but it has the same idle issue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 20 queries.