Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Radio software update  (Read 13718 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Radio software update
« on: June 21, 2006, 02:51:32 PM »

Just on the Moco website and see that there is a new update to the software for the '06 Harmon Kardon audio system.  It is v 8.9.0, 05/19/2006.  No idea what they fixed / changed but I'll load ti tonight.  To get it go to www.harley-davidson.com website, select motorcycles, 2006 Touring, then FLHTCUI, then select the advanced audio system.  Pop-up menu for software update will appear.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:55:08 PM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Radio software update
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 04:03:50 PM »

Just on the Moco website and see that there is a new update to the software for the '06 Harmon Kardon audio system.  It is v 8.0.0, 05/19/2006.  No idea what they fixed / changed but I'll load ti tonight.  To get it go to www.harley-davidson.com website, select motorcycles, 2006 Touring, then FLHTCUI, then select the advanced audio system.  Pop-up menu for software update will appear.

Downloaded it las knight, One part of it is labeled for Bluetooth. I checked my Raido and it has this version Already it was upgraded when I picked it upfrom my dealer on 6/10

Thanks for the info.

See corrected post below   [smiley=oops.gif]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:10:14 AM by VAZHOG »

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 10:59:38 PM »

Just on the Moco website and see that there is a new update to the software for the '06 Harmon Kardon audio system.  It is v 8.9.0, 05/19/2006.  No idea what they fixed / changed but I'll load ti tonight.  To get it go to www.harley-davidson.com website, select motorcycles, 2006 Touring, then FLHTCUI, then select the advanced audio system.  Pop-up menu for software update will appear.

Loaded it in the radio tonight and seems to have worked fine. Don't see any differences yet but at least it loaded OK. Thanks for the tip that it is available.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Greg
2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
2006 FLHTCUSE (traded in)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 05:27:27 AM »

Thanks for letting us know ultra.  Did you get it loaded?
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 09:18:14 AM »

Looking at what is in the files....I would say they are adding some features...perhaps for optional an module(s).....looks like a Sirius Radio Module will be available soon, there are references to it in the files that were not there in the last update.  They've setup the display screen to show Sirius or XM on the screen, probably based on the module that is connected to the system.  Perhaps some additional play nice features for the BlueTooth option also, maybe mine will actually show the caller ID information now!!  They have updated the compatible phones on the website also....mine doesn't show as no caller ID anymore....woohoo...I'll get this loaded up soon.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 09:21:37 AM by FR8TRN »

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 11:18:29 AM »

I was Mistaken About my software load it was 7.8 don't know how I looked at it so wrong, However I have completed the update and am now at 8.9 Can 9.0 be Far?

If anyone here is having trouble getting it on CD PM me and I will mail you my CD with the updated files along with the printed instrucions. I Offer this one copy only because I know it works and I don't want to burn additional copies and send them out untested, Whoever needs this use it and pass it along to the next poster if there are any.

The only Hitch in the instructions refers to the raido powering down Twice Mine only powerered done once and I made sure I waited an extra 5 minutes before ejecting the cd and powering the raido down and restarting it to check the correct version and test the XM and Intercom.  So far so good. The only advise I have is NOT get in a Hurry when in doubt WAIT before doing anything seven minutes can be very long when waiting for water to boil. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 12:49:29 PM »

Thanks for letting us know ultra.  Did you get it loaded?

Finally got it loaded.  The first CD I burned had a problem because radio sat there for about 15 minutes saying it was verifying the files.  I knew from previous updates that something was wrong so I hesitantly turned the ignition switch off.  Upon power up the CD would not eject.  I fiddled with it for over a half hour on, off, on, etc., and finally was able to get the CD to eject.  Burned another CD and it uploaded fine.  I love technology - not!

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 06:54:37 PM »

Well my cell still doesn't give me the caller ID information.....but I do get MP3 data on the screen now instead of "Track 1"..... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  Yup thats right folks, you'll actually get the song and artist information just like you do on the XM....as long as you've have it saved that way on the CD I would assume.  If somebody else doesn't get this and has them saved on the CD correctly it may be a format issue, I can look at mine and see what it is.  I'm pretty sure the artist/title info is embedded in the MP3 data though, so I may just be rambling here.....we'll see I guess.

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 08:09:26 PM »

Well my cell still doesn't give me the caller ID information.....but I do get MP3 data on the screen now instead of "Track 1"..... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  Yup thats right folks, you'll actually get the song and artist information just like you do on the XM....as long as you've have it saved that way on the CD I would assume.  If somebody else doesn't get this and has them saved on the CD correctly it may be a format issue, I can look at mine and see what it is.  I'm pretty sure the artist/title info is embedded in the MP3 data though, so I may just be rambling here.....we'll see I guess.

Just checked mine FR8 and it shows the info also, that's a nice addition. I noticed that it shows a speaker or headphone icon in the lower right area of the center section of the screen, depending on the speaker switch position. Was that there before the software update? Sucks gettin old, can't remember things. Also, what's the "int" in the lower left area of the screen? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
2006 FLHTCUSE (traded in)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 09:27:25 PM »

Just checked mine FR8 and it shows the info also, that's a nice addition. I noticed that it shows a speaker or headphone icon in the lower right area of the center section of the screen, depending on the speaker switch position. Was that there before the software update? Sucks gettin old, can't remember things. Also, what's the "int" in the lower left area of the screen? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Yeah that was there before........I still remember things....the rest of me is fallin apart though.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 12:47:45 PM »

Upgraded mine last night!  Thanks for the tip...would've never known about this otherwise.  That's what makes this such a great site!!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Of course, you would think they would have done this last Saturday when I had the 1K service done, but NOOOOOOOO.... [smiley=oops.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 04:17:42 PM »

Upgraded mine last night!  Thanks for the tip...would've never known about this otherwise.  That's what makes this such a great site!!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Of course, you would think they would have done this last Saturday when I had the 1K service done, but NOOOOOOOO.... [smiley=oops.gif]

10-1 they don't even know it's out....... [smiley=nervous.gif]

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 10:44:19 AM »

Thanks so much for the advise....The software of the radio was 7.8.0 and I got the update....and now is 8.9.0....so it's done!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 02:12:57 PM »

I just noticed today that before the upgrade XM2 Now after the upgrade XM3- [smiley=confused5.gif]

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 09:46:55 PM »

Has anybody noticed whether the "ST10" and the "TMS320" were both upgraded or just the "TMS320" to the 8.9?  I didn't have any problems when I did the last upgrade, but now only the "TMS320" has upgraded and not the  "ST10".  Any thoughts? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 24 queries.