Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: Blew my wad on a new table lift right or wrong  (Read 21713 times)

kerb

• Full CVO Member
Re: Blew my wad on a new table lift right or wrong
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2012, 01:51:37 PM »

:worthless:lets see a pic of different lift ..

I'd be ashamed to put a picture of my hoopty lift in the same thread with all these nice ones.
It's just a plain jane Harbor Freight lift (the foot operated one) with stock front wheel chock replaced by the 39.00 Harbor Freight wheel chock.
It does the job though.

I don't worry about tripping over the lift.  I tend to avoid that due to the big azz motorcycle sitting on it.
I guess it might be a problem for the wife when I've got the bike out somewhere.  I'll sink it into the floor if she'll dig the hole =P

Happy New Year

frankshd

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5-BLK 2010 452 of 999
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2012, 10:24:26 PM »

Heres my new lift from Derek weaver.com. Great to work with no fright charges and one nice lift .
D&D 2-1 a/c tts master tune corbin seat,

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2012, 10:36:25 PM »

Heres my new lift from Derek weaver.com. Great to work with no fright charges and one nice lift .

Nice.  Which model is that?

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

frankshd

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2012, 06:45:15 AM »

It's the W-1500. I got the black jack also w/ it , it's rated at 1500 lbs and it lifts 42", with the sides on it it's 51" wide. I think it's a good lift for the $$$ made nice, no shipping cost and came boxed up real good not a scratch on it !!

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2012, 08:52:12 AM »

nice looking lift. What did that set you back?

2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

frankshd

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2012, 09:49:59 AM »

It was a little over 1200  but Rember no shipping that's worth about 300 not a lot of comp do that !!

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2012, 01:21:37 PM »

I just ordered a Wheeldock for my lift. I got it direct thru their web site. I also got the spacer kit for smaller tires in case I get another Dyna.

http://www.wheeldock.com/

Why?  Just curious as the lift had one, right??  :nixweiss:
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »

Yes there was a vice. However it takes 2 people to put the bike in, one to hold up, one to close the vice. Then was still nerves about letting go until I got it strapped down. With the wheeldock I roller up and she locks right in solid. Then I can put my strap on. I got a short rachet strap from wheeldock. This makes it easier. I still have a road block. Can't get the bike up by myself. Tried my darndest but only got back wheel to top of ramp and dead stop! Had to have a little assit from behind. I got 2 options. if alone I can put the sides on and ride it up. Wouldn't dare try it without them or make a longer ramp which is what I am planning. I am going to have a friend make me a 4ft ramp and I should be good to go!!!!  FACE
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2012, 09:54:27 AM »

Yes there was a vice. However it takes 2 people to put the bike in, one to hold up, one to close the vice. Then was still nerves about letting go until I got it strapped down. With the wheeldock I roller up and she locks right in solid. Then I can put my strap on. I got a short rachet strap from wheeldock. This makes it easier. I still have a road block. Can't get the bike up by myself. Tried my darndest but only got back wheel to top of ramp and dead stop! Had to have a little assit from behind. I got 2 options. if alone I can put the sides on and ride it up. Wouldn't dare try it without them or make a longer ramp which is what I am planning. I am going to have a friend make me a 4ft ramp and I should be good to go!!!!  FACE

Why don't you just drive the bike onto the lift?  That is what I do.  I have me wife work the vise and make sure I am aligned properly.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:56:09 AM by charles05663 »
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

mark

« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2012, 10:09:11 AM »

I drive my bike onto the lift (with the side extensions in place).  Before driving onto the ramp, I have the wheel vice open only slighty wider than the front tire.  I get off the bike on the crank side, hold the bike steady w/ one hand and crank the wheel clamp.  If the clamp is only open slightly wider that the wheel., then the bike isnt going to fall over.  The techs at my HD shop do the same procedure, except they push the bike onto the ramp.

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2012, 02:35:14 PM »

Man you guys make it sound so easy. Let's see: I would ride it on with sides in place. Its 7" off the floor and I don't want to pull up and put a foot down miss the ramp and then its dear John. I am getting ready to install my bag speakers and need to remove the tank. This calls for starting the bike and pulling fuel pump fuse and run till dead. Now how do I ride onto the ramp. My garage is under my house and I will not and don't start my bike in the garage. It would be ok to ride up but not sure what time it takes to kill after pulling fuel pump. Just an example.

Ok Holding the bike while tightening the vise: I have 14" monkey bars and my reach is not that far and stability is an issue anyway. You guys are talk to a guy who has lost his bike of a floor jack before with the rear tire/shocks off and fender/struts newly painted half on. I like to think that I learned a little something in the last 20 years. What works for you guys is great. I have to go with what feels safe to me because this bike is my baby and I don't want to inflect injury in the garage. I have in the past and it will flat out make you sick. Its done and I am happy with what I have. Good luck with yours......FACE
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2012, 02:37:43 PM »

Man you guys make it sound so easy. Let's see: I would ride it on with sides in place. Its 7" off the floor and I don't want to pull up and put a foot down miss the ramp and then its dear John. I am getting ready to install my bag speakers and need to remove the tank. This calls for starting the bike and pulling fuel pump fuse and run till dead. Now how do I ride onto the ramp. My garage is under my house and I will not and don't start my bike in the garage. It would be ok to ride up but not sure what time it takes to kill after pulling fuel pump. Just an example.

Ok Holding the bike while tightening the vise: I have 14" monkey bars and my reach is not that far and stability is an issue anyway. You guys are talk to a guy who has lost his bike of a floor jack before with the rear tire/shocks off and fender/struts newly painted half on. I like to think that I learned a little something in the last 20 years. What works for you guys is great. I have to go with what feels safe to me because this bike is my baby and I don't want to inflect injury in the garage. I have in the past and it will flat out make you sick. Its done and I am happy with what I have. Good luck with yours......FACE

O yeah I'm single so normally don't have anyone around to help me. BSR lives else where and I like it like that.....LOL
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2012, 04:05:32 PM »

Yes there was a vice. However it takes 2 people to put the bike in, one to hold up, one to close the vice. Then was still nerves about letting go until I got it strapped down. With the wheeldock I roller up and she locks right in solid. Then I can put my strap on. I got a short rachet strap from wheeldock. This makes it easier. I still have a road block. Can't get the bike up by myself. Tried my darndest but only got back wheel to top of ramp and dead stop! Had to have a little assit from behind. I got 2 options. if alone I can put the sides on and ride it up. Wouldn't dare try it without them or make a longer ramp which is what I am planning. I am going to have a friend make me a 4ft ramp and I should be good to go!!!!  FACE

O yeah I'm single so normally don't have anyone around to help me. BSR lives else where and I like it like that.....LOL

:nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2012, 04:26:48 PM »

Added some anti-skid today!!!!! FACE

2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2012, 11:26:04 AM »

Added some anti-skid today!!!!! FACE
/quote]

I added some anti-skid on the ramp, after slipping a bit with wet tires last year, but I wonder how tough cleaning oil and stuff off that anti-skid will be. being right under the bike in the center section might be difficult.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.