Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: AWESOME BIG BLUE, what more is there to DO??? Lookin for ideas....  (Read 6436 times)

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
Re: AWESOME BIG BLUE, what more is there to DO??? Lookin for ideas....
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 05:34:26 PM »

Heatwave, while I will admit You are a Sic Puppy, and I will admit I was tempted to start with the 120R, I have a confession to make.....
This 110 is not only the sweetest ride, but all the power I need.  I will feel silly putting $10,000 into the 120R hot rodded upgrade, with my 110 sitting at home under a coffee table top.  I ride solo, and I just do not need any more than the 110, it is that good...

Doode, thanks for that, yes upgraded the Tour Pak hinges to the premium (like it SHOULD come with on a CVO).  Anyway, thanks for that suggestion, but I only forgot to add it to the upgrades I have already done on the list here...

And the Brother that gave me the link to Chrome Dome, I ordered the Chrome Eagle head horn cover with a blue LED light...  Ball of fire was out of stock, and I liked the chrome Eagle anyway.  The dark side I combat liked the vampire toothed flamed skull, but I could not do that Demon parked in front of Church.... heh he... It also might attract more of the Dark Side, and that is not a good thing either.  The Chrome Eagle is nice and clean, and looks like our Wedge Tail Eagle here in Australia... Cool  :2vrolijk_21:

Sledge:  Yea, inner primary in chrome was in the cards, I just felt silly doing a teardown for bling...  Anyway, I have seen it on a local Ultra, and I have had it as far back as on my 66 Shovel in a Rigid back 40 years... It is old school and I like it..  You asked about the drought here, really it is just about all over. We have had several years of rain, and the whole Red Centre of Australia has gone green and cattle are fat.  The drought is over for about 90% of Australia, and typically for Australia, gave way to floods, BIG TIME last year.. Heh he..  We either have fire, flood, or drought, such is Australia; and we are "STILL THE LUCKY COUNTRY"

doode

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic - Crimson Mist/Dark Slate
    • CVO2: 2006 CVO Screamin Eagle V-Rod - SOLD
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 06:02:10 PM »

Heatwave,
I appreciate you thoughts on this, but this engine is just too good to crack... This 110 is first of all, all the power I need... But secondly it is so smooth it feels like a Factory Balanced job.  It chugs fine on the low end around town, and sounds like an old school Harley at 1800 rpm, and is happy on the high end shifting at a 2500-3500 range and does not mind 4000 rpm shifts in normal driving.   Smooth, smooth, smooth, and the very best fuel economy anyone has heard of in the 450 kms per tank on the highway at speed limit ( if I can hold it down there)...

Heatwave, not sure I need anymore power, not in dragging off Jap Bikes with the heaviest full dresser HD ever made...  And this has all the normal driving power I will ever need.. So I am getting away cheap.  You just do not, NOT, Crack and engine this good !!!!

I am with you on the engine. For some reason I am just not inclined to mess with a good thing. Stage 1 to make the bike cooler and pick up a LITTLE extra HP made sense. Especially the cooler running part, but that's where I stop. This thing is BAD! If I wan't something faster and sportier I would buy an R1. This thing will get the job done even with the OL on the back. And when she is on the back, I think people would prefer I slow down anyway so they can get a better look!   :2vrolijk_21:

doode

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 06:12:55 PM »

What about audio? I upgraded to the Boom Audio speakers front and back. The 2011 might have come with them but the 2010s did not. I think they sound great. I also considered the tour pak port that is supposed to boost audio but haven't done it yet.

Brightasslight tail light? (I love that thing...it is one bright ass light)

Also considering throwing the smart alarm on there. One of my kids bought me the fob for Christmas last year. I thought it would interface with the existing security but I later realized I needed to add the smart alarm module. It's not to expensive and easy to install.

I also threw on of the LCD oil temp dipsticks on mine. Hmmmm.....what else.....

Retractable tether in the tour-pak? Lighted saddle bag spoiler kit? Battery tender? (that is a must for me). Gear position indicator?

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 06:44:06 PM »

What about audio? I upgraded to the Boom Audio speakers front and back. The 2011 might have come with them but the 2010s did not. I think they sound great. I also considered the tour pak port that is supposed to boost audio but haven't done it yet.

Brightasslight tail light? (I love that thing...it is one bright ass light)

Also considering throwing the smart alarm on there. One of my kids bought me the fob for Christmas last year. I thought it would interface with the existing security but I later realized I needed to add the smart alarm module. It's not to expensive and easy to install.

I also threw on of the LCD oil temp dipsticks on mine. Hmmmm.....what else.....

Retractable tether in the tour-pak? Lighted saddle bag spoiler kit? Battery tender? (that is a must for me). Gear position indicator?

Definitely agree with Doode on some of these suggestions:

- Bright Ass light is a must. Far superior to stock bulb and very adjustable. Its a great safety feature and looks good too. I went with the smoked layback which looks great when the TourPak is detached.
- I also upgraded the amp to a Biketronics with their Titan speakers. Best investment I made in the bike to have quality sound while at highway speeds.
- Go for the ultrabrace on the TP. Much safer and provides for 1-handed use of the TP lid.
- The battery tender is a must if you have any plans for the bike to sit for more than a couple of weeks in cold weather.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:46:02 PM by Heatwave »

kerb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 11:57:35 AM »

You need my friend to make you one of these.  He can cut whatever design you want in it, and even powdercoat it in whatever colors you want.  :bananarock:

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 09:02:37 PM »

Cowboy2: Your bike looks great..."Less is more".
Doode:Great pic of your bike! I may have to get some of those shorty antenna's.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

doode

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 09:34:38 PM »

Cowboy2: Your bike looks great..."Less is more".
Doode:Great pic of your bike! I may have to get some of those shorty antenna's.

Thanks!

Cowboy, that is one awesome looking bike. When I look at that last picture you posted in the thread (just above) I think if I was going to shell out some $$ I would pay to have the flame paint scheme on the bags carried in some way shape or form on to the tourpak. I LOVE the look of that bike but really think they should have carried the scheme on to the tour pak. It would complete the bike.

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2011, 06:13:31 AM »

Thank you Doode,

I have ordered the LED twin band mirrors, chrome inner primary, full engine and transmission chrome bolts sets, and LEDs around the top box where they are missing for the Aussie model...  Also Chrome Dome Eagle horn cover with the blue eye on all the time... heh he..

Now, I am sure more is to come, as it is half the fun... !  Sound is ok by me for now, might upgrade in the future, IPOD upgrade would be cool...  AND I will update pictures when the goodies are on..  Don't know what else there is practical to do, but I am sure I will think of it.....  So far?
LED Tail Light, and License mount above...
LED Head Lights and Passing lights...
LED Windscreen trim, in Klockwerks 8.5" now, very cool, no buffet...
Cat Gut, stock cool exhaust modded..
Monster Ovals for mufflers,
Cylinder key matching glove box fold down lids,
Chrome stereo and gauge trims, what else..... minor trim, fender, ripped off oil cooler chrome doing motocross, twice....   Heh he... Its all good !!!!

Ziploc

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2011, 07:44:50 AM »

Nothing like helping somebody spend some money.
I would have to recommend the detachable tourpak next if that is on the list.
The look minus the TP may drive the direction on some of your other decisions.

Big Blue is looking great Cowboy!

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2011, 01:55:28 PM »

Thank you Ziploc,  Good to hear from you..

Here is one for you... I burn in the sun, and at events I like to pull my Cowboy hat out of the top box.  As well, I really like the big stop lights on the back, I am a good Rider, but if I am taken out it is by one of those of the "Stupid" class rear ending me.  Anyway, the top box will stay as I use it..  But what about a sliding rack to have the top box come forward to a bigger backrest??

Anyone done that one?  I saw a sliding mount somewhere.  Now I ride solo, and I really appreciate the backrest.  On a long haul I will put the hiway pegs down and take a load off my arse...  That or put the seat heater on..  I do not have much of an iron butt..  Anyway, how would it look to slide the top box forward over the passenger seat and use the big backrest???  Anybody done that one? 

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2011, 06:04:27 PM »

The problem with doing that on the Ultra is what to do with the Amp under the TP.  Of course, there are ways to work around that by putting an even better Digital amp inside the fairing and doing away with the HD amp completely.  JCZ has his SESG where the TP can be forward as you mentioned, but that's an SG, so he started from scratch putting the TP on.  But anything can be done, and odds are good that the folks here can help you spend the money to get it done right!  :huepfenlol2:

Still say that if you think the stock suspension is good, you would be amazed at how much better it can be.  It's the most dramatic thing you can do to a bagger as far as improving the ride and performance....and safety, for that matter.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Ziploc

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2011, 12:29:22 PM »

But what about a sliding rack to have the top box come forward to a bigger backrest??

Anyone done that one?  I saw a sliding mount somewhere. 

I recently read about the installation of a kit that does just that.  It was in Baggers Mag.  Here is the link:
http://www.baggersmag.com/tech/1111_hrbp_legends_sliding_tour_pak_rack/index.html

Here is the picture from their website (since I'm referencing Baggers Mag, I'm assuming I can post their picture here).
I can't say I'm sold on the looks (leaning more towards not), but the functionality of ride comfort and parking in tight places seems reasonable.

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2011, 06:50:28 PM »

Hello Ziplock,

I LIKE THE LOOK, CADILLAC sort of look about it..  And while I do think it could be a good thing in my weakest spot (I figure is rear ended by some A$$) while I think that is a good look and safety I have just discarded the idea...   My passenger area back of the back rest, is a good spot for a box of something to trasport, sack of dog food, some groceries, it is a good spot for a couple of big bags of stuff or a sleeping bag or a 25 lb sack of horsefeed or dog food or something...

Here is what I have decided for now in addition to all the goodies I already have (shipping from the U.S. takes a little time to organise)

Full real Chrome Inner Primary (not that plastic cover thingy)
Flames on shift link shaft,
Complete engine and transmission chome bolt sets,
LEDs for top box (not in the international version of BIG BLUE)

And I could not resist this, when tank is off for the engine bolt set, I will wire in the blue LED eye light... Chrome Dome product, Eagle

jeepaholic

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2011, 11:36:44 PM »

New Idea for you bike...wait for it..................a shuroo.com    protecting Australians since 1986
ShuRoo creates a high frequency "Safety Sound Zone" 400 metres ahead and 50 metres either side of your vehicle which alerts kangaroos and other wildlife of your approaching vehicle—day, night, rain or shine.

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2011, 06:40:31 PM »

Thanks for that Jeepaholic, but I don't know if they work or not.... Some say they do, others say not...
But the rolling sound of thunder of a loud Harley seems to freeze them up... For sure when in a group of Harleys, sort of like my dogs cringing in fear at thunder, the animals seem to freeze up and not bound out in front of us..

Course, maybe I am just lucky so far... heh he   :2vrolijk_21:

Just added chrome bolts sets, engine and transmission,
Chrome inner primary, the real one not the plastic cover...
Double Band of LEDs on mirrors (Harley replacements with LEDs, matches the widscreen LED trim)
And more, but also this bling. blue LED strip lighting on a switch for parked up, on the flat spot up under the tank (tank off job, Topic on it)

LOVE BIG BLUE!!   :bananarock:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 20 queries.