Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Legal Question  (Read 5733 times)

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
Re: Legal Question
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2011, 11:28:44 AM »

Somewhere in this thread there appeared a post, later "quoted" that you got cited three months later for speeding by the same LEO. If this "three months later" is the speeding citation we're discussing here, then the syntactical construction you need to use is "three months prior." You're making a relative reference to an antecedent noun clause, and you need to demonstrate some parallelism in consequent citation.

Yeah, as a matter of fact I do teach grammar. :D

In light of the direction this thread has taken, I found this quite comical!  Good response, FLHX 2010.  :2vrolijk_21:

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2011, 11:38:42 AM »

There is no prosecution in Traffic Court. You're cited by police for a traffic violation, and you can plead. In some jurisdictions you "appear" at the clerk's window (not in court before a judge) and either pay the fine or request a trial. You don't want to request a trial.

Somewhere in this thread there appeared a post, later "quoted" that you got cited three months later for speeding by the same LEO. If this "three months later" is the speeding citation we're discussing here, then the syntactical construction you need to use is "three months prior." You're making a relative reference to an antecedent noun clause, and you need to demonstrate some parallelism in consequent citation.

Oh my hell...now we have someone with their red pencil correcting a post.
2010 FLHX why did you wake up with your panties in a knot? We have had great riding weather here in Oregon (Orygun as you say). The ducks are going to the Rose Bowl, the sun is out what more could we want for December. I see you do your best to make a "FIRST" impression.  So where do you teach at?
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2011, 11:39:34 AM »

I'm starting the pool.  Everyone place your bets and make your choices as to outcome today:

Terry will get:

1) $1 million fine
2) $1,000 fine
3) Will be sentenced to community service in an upcoming Newt Gingrich White House
4) Will be sentenced with being "grounded" from using any Glare products for six months
5) Will be barred from eating any pork products for life

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2011, 11:53:30 AM »

I'm starting the pool.  Everyone place your bets and make your choices as to outcome today:

Terry will get:

1) $1 million fine
2) $1,000 fine
3) Will be sentenced to community service in an upcoming Newt Gingrich White House
4) Will be sentenced with being "grounded" from using any Glare products for six months
5) Will be barred from eating any pork products for life

I believe Terry would take #1 over #3 any day  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: If my memory serves me correctly.
Come to think of it #4 might be the worst yet  :huepfenlol2:
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2011, 11:54:34 AM »

Oh my hell...now we have someone with their red pencil correcting a post.
2010 FLHX why did you wake up with your panties in a knot? We have had great riding weather here in Oregon (Orygun as you say). The ducks are going to the Rose Bowl, the sun is out what more could we want for December. I see you do your best to make a "FIRST" impression.  So where do you teach at?

That's just so much more funny coming from a woman. :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2011, 12:21:38 PM »

I believe Terry would take #1 over #3 any day  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: If my memory serves me correctly.
Come to think of it #4 might be the worst yet  :huepfenlol2:

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2011, 12:22:55 PM »

There is no prosecution in Traffic Court. You're cited by police for a traffic violation, and you can plead. In some jurisdictions you "appear" at the clerk's window (not in court before a judge) and either pay the fine or request a trial. You don't want to request a trial.

You may teach Grammar, but you obviously can't read. It was a different member of this forum that was tagged for speeding twice by the same LEO.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2011, 03:58:25 PM »

6 pages of posts over a speeding ticket. But, I catch myself clicking the thread to see wha the latest scuttlebut is all about.  ;D

I may start a thread..The first post something like this.: "There I was, driving 67 in a 5 listening to Led Zepplin, when all of a sudden..." and see how far it'll go.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2011, 04:10:38 PM »

6 pages of posts over a speeding ticket. But, I catch myself clicking the thread to see wha the latest scuttlebut is all about.  ;D

I may start a thread..The first post something like this.: "There I was, driving 67 in a 5 listening to Led Zepplin, when all of a sudden..." and see how far it'll go.

Kinda like a train wreck. :)

Of course at this point, like many threads here.....it's no longer about Terry's ticket but more about the entertainment. :bananarock:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »

Well, it's over now, so the thread can continue a life of it's own, or not.  ;)  Got to the "Hoover Center for Public Safety", and of course they didn't have my paperwork in their file to immediately go into the courtroom setting, so I got to stand in line for 45 minutes.  Finally got to the window where there was a pretty cute gal waiting on folks...she told me I looked like Santa... :huepfenlol2:  So I asked if she'd like to sit on my lap...that pretty much broke the ice.  ;)  We got along great after that exchange, so I get to take a Defensive Driving Class next month, and it won't go on my record, plus it's cheaper than the ticket.  All's well that end's well.  And the Santa thing really did work... :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21: :coolblue:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2011, 04:36:06 PM »

Well, it's over now, so the thread can continue a life of it's own, or not.  ;)  Got to the "Hoover Center for Public Safety", and of course they didn't have my paperwork in their file to immediately go into the courtroom setting, so I got to stand in line for 45 minutes.  Finally got to the window where there was a pretty cute gal waiting on folks...she told me I looked like Santa... :huepfenlol2:  So I asked if she'd like to sit on my lap...that pretty much broke the ice.  ;)  We got along great after that exchange, so I get to take a Defensive Driving Class next month, and it won't go on my record, plus it's cheaper than the ticket.  All's well that end's well.  And the Santa thing really did work... :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21: :coolblue:

That's all?  We got a lot more fun value out of your ordeal than that.  What a bargain!   

Glad you didn't get nailed atrociously TC.  Now the real question though.....   Does sneaking by without getting your drawers tanned mean you'll do it again :huepfenlol2: ?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2011, 04:36:39 PM »

..... soon?       :huepfenlol2:

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2011, 04:41:31 PM »

Congrats Terry.  Glad it worked out well for you Santa  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2011, 04:43:19 PM »

Way to go  :xmas: errrrr, Terry.  :D  Maybe they'll show you in the defensive driving course how to mount a radar jammer in your car.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  Seriously, glad to see it worked out for you.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2011, 04:45:26 PM »

Well, it's over now, so the thread can continue a life of it's own, or not.  ;)  Got to the "Hoover Center for Public Safety", and of course they didn't have my paperwork in their file to immediately go into the courtroom setting, so I got to stand in line for 45 minutes.  Finally got to the window where there was a pretty cute gal waiting on folks...she told me I looked like Santa... :huepfenlol2:  So I asked if she'd like to sit on my lap...that pretty much broke the ice.  ;)  We got along great after that exchange, so I get to take a Defensive Driving Class next month, and it won't go on my record, plus it's cheaper than the ticket.  All's well that end's well.  And the Santa thing really did work... :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21: :coolblue:
Terry glad it worked out well for you... once you complete the course you may want to turn a copy of the certificate of (or proof of taking) the course to your insurance company . Hell.... you might get an insurance reduction for taking it. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:48:58 PM by Fired00d »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.