Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: What are your opinions guys  (Read 3726 times)

CVO2012

• Full CVO Member
What are your opinions guys
« on: November 13, 2011, 01:32:53 PM »

Im looking to change the muffler on my 2012 CVO SG
Any ideas about a good slip in muffler to choose from
I'm looking for the performance but not really a high performance as well as the mild acceptable sound. I don't like the noisy sound
Also, I'm concerned about the color change of some type of muffler
And do you know guys if there are some slip in muffler which can accept the fittment of the original harley end cap ( baffle)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 06:10:19 PM by CVO2012 »

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: What is the best
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 01:38:31 PM »

Your going to get a lot of opinions!!!!  A common choice is Fullsac performance. They make a baffle to fit the stock mufflers. Mild sound, good performance---many here have used them.

http://www.fullsac.com/

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: What is the best
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 02:29:29 PM »

As mentioned, you'll get a lot of opinions on this subject.  In my opinion, the most cost effective solution is the Fullsac option.  If you want a bit more performance without going to any extremes, go with their full Stage I option...the X pipe Header, 1.75" cores (you said you did not want loud), or the 2" cores (slightly louder, but not obnoxious), and the TTS Mastertune.  The program for the ECM provided by Fullsac with the TTS is close enough without having to do a Dyno Tune.  This option will give you about a 10% increase in both HP and TQ, but the main thing is it will give you better drivability...better throttle response and a more fun bike to ride.  If you have basic tools in your garage, and a Laptop computer, you can do this work yourself for around $1100 US.  You're in France, so I don't know about the exchange rates, customs charges, etc.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

mark

Re: What are your opinions guys
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 08:39:23 PM »

Fullsac..

Chicky

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Black Licorice/Midnight Cobalt Flames
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 08:56:36 PM »

My hubby just installed (on his 2012 SG Blk and Slate) FullSac headpipe, V&H monster rounds, and an SE Race Tuner.   It runs much cooler and "pulls like a freight train".   It sounds great.  Deep, not abrasive.   
Dreaming does matter.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 10:28:12 PM »

The CVO Street Glide exhaust is about the nicest looking exhaust the MoCo has ever made.  So just changing the baffles to Fullsac is a very affordable way to have a really good looking exhaust and a bike that sounds like a Harley without being obnoxiously loud.

I believe the large majority here will tell you Fullsac baffles, the Fullsac X pipe header and the TTS Tuner with the Fullsac map. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Rich110

• Juice!!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 11:04:04 PM »

:pineapple: :pineapple:get yourself a pipe and headers it the Harley way!!!!!!!you will be glad that u did for future mods.. personal experience! 110 Roadglide black and silver. V&h headers and slip ons with race tuner the chit!!! Andrew 54 what more can you ask for, light it up!!!!

CVO2012

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 01:23:40 AM »

Well, as JCZ said
The stock CVO muffler is the best looking one in my opinion, and I really love it's look.
well, i vivsted the FullSac website and i got little confused
they said that for the stage 1 CVO 110 i have to do 3 steps
one of the steps is:
stock headpipe is replaced with the Fullsac X-Pipe.
which i dont really like
so my question can i only buy their CVO POWER CORE to insert it into the stock muffler

knowing that i already installed the stage 1 tuner card, so the only thing i miss is changing the muffler
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:29:15 AM by CVO2012 »

legalley

• WOO! HOO! I LOVE BEING FREE!!!

• CVO1: 2012 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: I Wish! - 2009 Pearl Black Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: I Wish! - 2008 VRSCAWA 105th Anniversary V-Rod
    • My Main Part-Time Income, Made Me A Multi-Millionaire!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 03:20:19 AM »

WHY? I found that changing to a K&N Air Filter did more for me - POWER WISE! The stock pipes at 75mph will give you a super headache after a few hours. I guess it depends on your application. I appreciate the 400 Watt Stereo myself. I'm in for the Iron Butt SS1000 and BunBurner 1500 Gold Awards. The extra Noise is not appreciated in those circumstances. I guess Bar Hoppin' is your style and that's OK! Get LOUD!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:29:31 AM by legalley »
2012 SE Street Glide - Just another $50K pissed away! (But Loving it!)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 06:41:25 AM »

Well, as JCZ said
The stock CVO muffler is the best looking one in my opinion, and I really love it's look.
one of the steps is:
which i dont really like
so my question can i only buy their CVO POWER CORE to insert it into the stock muffler

knowing that i already installed the stage 1 tuner card, so the only thing i miss is changing the muffler

Why don't you like the fullsac heapipe??? With the heatshields installed it looks just like stock??? Only no cat convertor so better flowing exhaust..and with the tuner the bike will run cooler.

LincolnUSA

• LincolnUSA
  • Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac B X-Pipe, 2.0" Baffles, TTS Mastertune
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 08:55:06 AM »

I went with the Fullsac headpipe, 1.75" baffles and TTS tune and couldn't be happier while retaining the stock look of the exhaust.  Get rid of the cat so the bike runs cooler

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 10:20:09 AM »

Well, as JCZ said
one of the steps is:
which i dont really like

The Fullsac X pipe.....gets rid of the catalytic converter that's in your stock head pipe......then your bike runs cooler and more power when coupled with the tuner. :2vrolijk_21:

It already has a high flow air filter.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 02:04:18 PM »

Well, as JCZ said
one of the steps is:
stock headpipe is replaced with the Fullsac X-Pipe.which i dont really like

I'm confused by your response...perhaps something is being lost in translation.  The Fullsac X-Pipe does 3 things:  gets rid of the catalytic converter so the bike runs cooler and breathes better; maintains the stock look on the bike because it uses the stock heat shields, so it doesn't change the looks in any way, and the third thing it does is improve performance because of the design of the pipe.

Yes, you can purchase only the power cores and install them into the stock muffler cans...you'll make more noise than stock, but both the heat and the restriction from the CAT will still be there.

I don't understand what you mean by "stage 1 tuner card".  Do you already have the Screamin' Eagle Pro Race Tuner?.  There are two versions of the Race Tuner...one is "Street Legal" and the other is not.  There are no "cards" that can be installed on the bike to do a "stage 1".

The Ventilator Air Cleaner is already a high flow air cleaner, so there is no need to change it unless you are after a different look.  Even the A/C element itself is a high flow element, though it is paper and not gauze, like the K&N.  But it can be washed and reused.

TTS Mastertune

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »

If you don't like the thought of the "X" pipe, Fulsac also sells a ceramic-coated de-catted version of the stock headers.  It's an exchange program...for $199, he sends you the coated/decatted stock headpipes and you send your stock ones back to him when you get the new ones.  Either way you go, like everyone else has stated, you need to get rid of the CAT, and that will drastically reduce your heat around your right leg.  Also mufflers are subjective, whether you re-core the stock mufflers or buy aftermarket, it's up to your personal tastes.  My SERGU, has the de-catted stock headers and Klock Werks Revolver mufflers.  For two up touring, you can't beat the sound of the Revolvers.  They are not loud and have a nice rumble, that is not annoying, at highway speeds.  My BSR loves how they sound.  On my SESG3, I have the Fulsac "X" pipe for headers and Bassani 4" mufflers.  Again, not overly loud, although they are louder than the Revolvers, but have a nice rumble at cruising speed, and will bark if you get on them.   Both of my bikes are tuned with the SE Pro Race Tuner.  I chose that tuner, because my dealership, that dyno's my bikes, is more familiar and comfortable with it.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 02:15:49 PM »

WHY? I found that changing to a K&N Air Filter did more for me - POWER WISE! The stock pipes at 75mph will give you a super headache after a few hours. I guess it depends on your application. I appreciate the 400 Watt Stereo myself. I'm in for the Iron Butt SS1000 and BunBurner 1500 Gold Awards. The extra Noise is not appreciated in those circumstances. I guess Bar Hoppin' is your style and that's OK! Get LOUD!

The Ventilator A/C is already a high flow intake...the stock element is paper, but can be washed per the HD owner's manual.  The K&N gauze type element might flow a little more air, though it is doubtful that it's enough to make a significant difference in performance.  I'd have to see back to back Dyno runs to see proof that the element alone makes a real difference, if both are clean.

At 75mph at steady cruise, you may be getting headaches from wind noise or an ill fitting helmet, or a combination.  The decibel level of the stock exhaust at steady 75mph cruise is lower than the decibel level of the wind rushing by your head, even with a FF helmet.  About the quietest helmet on the market is the Schuberth, at 86db.  Most others are exponentially louder.  Earplugs are advised for wind noise.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:19:10 PM by TCnBham »

TTS Mastertune
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.