Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Loud Pipes  (Read 11384 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: Loud Pipes
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2011, 08:56:38 AM »

You make a good point.. it is the AZzzz H@loes with obnoxiously loud pipes giving he pople that sit behind a desk TO develop policies and laws to take away the rights MOST of us have the right to respect.   And you also make a good point by telling the 95% side that does care and does enjoy an acceptable pleasing Harley exhaust that you simply dont care about the Harley Brother and Sisters...    Franky,  i think its your time to find another vice..   but i dont think it could be too soon   >:(

Because i enjoy the site, I won't bother to waste too much time replying to your stupid comment and drag myself and the blog down to the level of tit for tat ignorance.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:24:54 AM by Rio »
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2011, 10:02:27 AM »

Twolanerider hit it right on the head, wish I had thought of that one myself. 

Back on the original thread for a second.  I do remember reading that they were considering putting some type of an audible device on the electric cars that would warn pedestrians when the car was making a turn.  That in and of itself is hysterical, especially considering the ground swell build-up against the pipes. 

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2011, 12:27:47 AM »

Because i enjoy the site, I won't bother to waste too much time replying to your stupid comment and drag myself and the blog down to the level of tit for tat ignorance.

way to take the high rode RIO  :2vrolijk_21: some of these guys are just cyber bullies they like to call people names and try to justify there ANAL COMMENTS  >:(  I just listen and let them PREACH  :huepfenlol2: Bottom line is that some guys like LOUD PIPES and some guys dont  :nixweiss:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2011, 08:19:51 AM »

Rio. .. Thanks,,  I appreciate your somewhat 'level head'    :2vrolijk_21:

McBolt

• Grandson, first time on a bike. Yea he is hooked
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2011, 12:24:52 PM »

1998 US Treaty with the UN.  Global Harmonization of Motorized Vehicles based on European Standards.  California's SB435.  Massachusetts trying to get a bill passed to make it illegal to sell loud pipes.  Ken Feith of the EPA Air and Radiation department going after motocycle exhaust manufacturers; threatening them with a $10,000 fine per pipe.  Yes loud pipes DO save loud.  How loud is too loud?  That is the argument.  The volume is directly related to the throttle.  Me I like em louder than stock but not ear splitting.  Yes, some bark their pipes just to make noise.  To me that is like shooting your gun up in the air just to hear it.  Barking the pipes just to make noise is as silly as laying on the horn all of the time.

If you like loud pipes...better wake up and see what is going on in your backyard.  By the way hand held decibel meters are against Federal Guidelines.  Even though states like Maine have passed laws allowing this, Fed trumps state, state trumps county and so on.
Motorcyclist Rights Activist
Navy Photographer Vietnam ERA
American Legion Rider

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 12:58:43 PM »

Ann Landers:  For those affixited to the sound of loud motorcycle exhausts, rather than be a nuisance to the local neighborhoods and draw attention to loud motorcylists other than yourself.  Go find a country road, stay on that road until you find a bridge, sit under that bridge and rev your motorcycle up until your ear drums burst......then go back to the local communities until you need another fix :drink:
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

fresh oil and pipes

• Enjoying Life More Than Ever!!!!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • RedNecks, White Socks & Blue Ribbon Beer

• CVO1: One of the Fast Green Ones
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2011, 07:32:34 PM »

Ok who was the first one to jack this thread?
"Let's Roll" Life is Short, Choose your Battles Wisely "Let's Roll"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2011, 07:34:26 PM »

Ok who was the first one to jack this thread?

I admit it.  It was Firedood.

fresh oil and pipes

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2011, 08:10:54 PM »

I admit it.  It was Firedood.

That is what I thought.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2011, 08:05:12 AM »

Hell, we could argue all sorts of crap that fall into this funnel.  Some people feel they need to give spelling lessons!  People that ride a Harley because it sounds like a Harley, its a nonsense bad boy culture  that is fueled by marketing geniuses!  I guess you can make that generalization about guns, abortion, helmet laws any any other topic of this "feel good" generation.

Bottom line...AZzzz H@loes screw it up for everyone else by giving the people that sit behind a desk and develop policies and laws to take away the right of those that have respect.

I ride a Harley, it will always sound like a Harley.  If it was about comfort, speed, gadgets, and quiet, I would have bought anything BUT a Harley. If it gets to the point where they take that away, it's time to find another feel good vice.

LOL

Again X2 :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

kerb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2011, 01:35:56 PM »

My take on it is this:

If I ever get to the point where I have the time and energy to worry about the loudness of someone else's pipes,  hopefully one of my "brothers or sisters" will do me a favor and put me out of my misery. 

Seriously.  I don't believe I've ever heard of anyone being harmed by loud pipes.  Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to complain about.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2011, 02:00:08 PM »

My take on it is this:

If I ever get to the point where I have the time and energy to worry about the loudness of someone else's pipes,  hopefully one of my "brothers or sisters" will do me a favor and put me out of my misery. 

Seriously.  I don't believe I've ever heard of anyone being harmed by loud pipes.  Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to complain about.

Actually there is more and more "harm" extended every time new legislation (at any level) targets something we do as riders.  Maine's more aggressive restrictions, punishing enforcement at old rally venues or cities and towns all over tightening noise limits all "harm" riders by limiting their ability to easily transit the system; to be able to ride and be left alone.  Nearly all such "harm" originates as a reaction to things we do as riders.

fresh oil and pipes

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2011, 08:07:44 PM »

Actually the true Harley sound is not all that loud the increase in noise level is when non stock exhaust is added to the equation so if you want it to sound like a Harley leave the exhaust stock. Beat a speeding ticket because of stock exhaust once. Just sayin. Now back to the orginal post of this thread.

Wow aren't those electric/alternate fuel cars really quiet. So quiet some think that the government should require some type of audio warning system installed on them so they can be heard coming down the road maybe even go so far as to require eveyone to operate a motor vehicle with the windows open and sound (stero) systems turned off. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2011, 09:08:03 PM »

I want mine just loud enough where I don't hear the 110 valvetrain noise! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: ::)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »

Just put a D&D Borzilla on Ol' Maudie.  Guess the RINEHART's don't rule anymore.  My thoughts are--if you hear me before you see me, that has to be good.  ;) Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.