Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Loud Pipes  (Read 11388 times)

kerb

• Full CVO Member
Re: Loud Pipes
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2011, 10:28:26 AM »

I want mine just loud enough where I don't hear the 110 valvetrain noise! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: ::)

I don't think they make a pipe loud enough for that.  Good luck on your quest though.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2011, 07:06:50 PM »

Just put a D&D Borzilla on Ol' Maudie.  Guess the RINEHART's don't rule anymore.  My thoughts are--if you hear me before you see me, that has to be good.  ;) Later--HUBBARD

Hub, as fast as you get Ol' Maudie going...is that possible? :D ;D :huepfenlol2: :bananarock:

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Re: Re: Loud Pipes
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2011, 10:18:07 PM »

Just put a D&D Borzilla on Ol' Maudie.  Guess the RINEHART's don't rule anymore.  My thoughts are--if you hear me before you see me, that has to be good.  ;) Later--HUBBARD

Love the D&D Boarzilla and would have used on my bike, but fat cat with performance baffle produced better numbers.  I think the Boarzilla is too much pipe for a 120 JMHO.  One pipe or two out the back?
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

2010 FLHX

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2011, 04:32:09 PM »

Jeez! I must have an opinion on this topic . . . If you want loud pipes, go with it. Be prepared to suffer the disdain of those who thing you're puerile and self-absorbed. Don't try to argue that they're a "safety device."

We can probably argue that loud pipes are sufficiently distracting that other drivers may not pay attention to safety because they're paying attention to the "really loud bike" and what it might do next. The "safety argument" can be argued either way.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2011, 07:05:49 PM »

Jeez! I must have an opinion on this topic . . . If you want loud pipes, go with it. Be prepared to suffer the disdain of those who thing you're puerile and self-absorbed. Don't try to argue that they're a "safety device."

We can probably argue that loud pipes are sufficiently distracting that other drivers may not pay attention to safety because they're paying attention to the "really loud bike" and what it might do next. The "safety argument" can be argued either way.

So what are you trying to say anyway?   :nixweiss: :drink: :confused5:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2011, 07:59:01 PM »

So what are you trying to say anyway?   :nixweiss: :drink: :confused5:

I couldn't figure out either..  :nixweiss:   Thought i would try two shots of Tequila, Blanco Silver mind you  :drink:, to see if a difernt sate of mind would help... nope still no figure   :nixweiss:  but the Blanco is sure making me feel good  :P  now i dont care  :confused5:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 08:01:07 PM by cvobiker »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »

I couldn't figure out either..  :nixweiss:   Thought i would try two shots of Tequila, Blanco Silver mind you  :drink:, to see if a difernt sate of mind would help... nope still no figure   :nixweiss:  but the Blanco is sure making me feel good  :P  now i dont care  :confused5:

Yeah buddy, I'm with ya there,only I prefer Patron Silver.   :2vrolijk_21: :drink:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 08:04:59 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3

2010 FLHX

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2011, 04:19:49 AM »

Loud pipes are not a safety device.

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2011, 09:19:59 AM »

I beg to differ. Anything you can do to put the cagers on notice whether it be brighter/more LED lights, louder horns and, drum roll please, louder pipes is a safety device. I'm not saying that the only purpose for loud pipes is safety. It's also personal preference about how you like your Harley to sound or perform. It's not about measuring or being the internet bada$$ or any of the other derogatory terms used by others here to describe people with loud pipes. If your type of pipe that you like the sound of just happens to be loud then it's your bike, do what you want with it. But do what you want responsibly. Don't shove it in other peoples faces.  :2vrolijk_21:
Trust, but verify.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »

I beg to differ. Anything you can do to put the cagers on notice whether it be brighter/more LED lights, louder horns and, drum roll please, louder pipes is a safety device. I'm not saying that the only purpose for loud pipes is safety. It's also personal preference about how you like your Harley to sound or perform. It's not about measuring or being the internet bada$$ or any of the other derogatory terms used by others here to describe people with loud pipes. If your type of pipe that you like the sound of just happens to be loud then it's your bike, do what you want with it. But do what you want responsibly. Don't shove it in other peoples faces.  :2vrolijk_21:

I agree with you 100%, I drive a 18 wheeler for a living and there has been more times than i can count that i have heard a bike before i see it, even with all the mirrors thats on a truck.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2011, 10:06:17 AM »

Yeah buddy, I'm with ya there,only I prefer Patron Silver.   :2vrolijk_21: :drink:

They have a 12 step program to help you guys. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2011, 12:15:55 AM »

They have a 12 step program to help you guys. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Yep.  ;) 
Step 1:  fill shot glass with your favorite
Step 2:  down said shot glass

Repeat Steps 1 and 2 six more times.   :drink:

2012 FLHXSE3

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2011, 12:21:05 AM »

Yep.  ;) 
Step 1:  fill shot glass with your favorite
Step 2:  down said shot glass

Repeat Steps 1 and 2 six more times.   :drink:

Hey Charlie, what happens if your numbers start not working right anymore after steps eight or nine :nixweiss: ?

2010 FLHX

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2011, 12:24:51 AM »

Let's do this a couple more times . . .

Not a "dedicated" safety device. Loud pipes may make your presence more apparent, but to rely upon loud pipes for some sort of putative safety margin is specious at best.

Let me concede here too that on more than several occasions I've turned my head to check clearance while passing or changing lanes. I get the deep, fat, rich reverberation of my engine in my ears, and I say to myself, "That's the sound I paid for!"

-- but it's not "safety equipment."

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2011, 12:59:09 AM »

Hey Charlie, what happens if your numbers start not working right anymore after steps eight or nine :nixweiss: ?

Just keep practicing until you get it right!!  Sooner or later, you won't care anymore anyway.   :huepfenlol2: :drink:

2012 FLHXSE3

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.