Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Hoppe Quadzilla or dragonfly fairing ?  (Read 6582 times)

doa

• FLHRSEI2
Hoppe Quadzilla or dragonfly fairing ?
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:41:26 PM »

Ok I have been looking to add a fairing to my 03 FLHRSEI2 for over a year now, Evey time I ride down to Mytle Beach (every year) I'm looking for a radio.

Now my question

Dragonfly fairing
Down side With the dragonfly fairing you have alot of open space on the fairing  ( and I hate the look and do not feel like spending a ton on money adding more stuff to fill the space up).  

Up side Harley items fit the fairing. (big plus)

Quadzilla

Up side Four speakers  
up side cleaner line (not to much open space)

Down side Harley item do not fit!

Anyone else have any ideas that may push me one way or the other

Thanks for your help !!!! [smiley=confused5.gif]

SPIDERMAN

Re: Hoppe Quadzilla or dragonfly fairing ?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 11:59:01 AM »

If you want to have a easy on easy off fairing to use with your Road King, the Hoppe is the way to go. I took mine off in 5 minutes the other day.
The Hoppe while a clean looking unit looks like an aftermarket item.

If you want to convert your Road King to an Electra Glide on a more or less semi-permanent basis adding in a bunch of guages with connectors for each wired into the bike then the Dragonfly is the product. This is not an easy on easy off unit, however, the Dragonfly looks like a factory installed item.  

Hoppe Quadzilla - - - Steel mounting brackets, easy 30 minute initial installation of adappter harness ( three wires, + and - on battery terminals plus one connected to main ignition circuit ) attach fairing to windshield attachment points, plug in adapter harness, insert CD and away you go. On or off in 5 minutes once adapter harness is wired in.

Dragonfly - - - - - - Fiberglass mounting brackets. Lots of hours invested in setting up electronics in unit and if wanted adding guages. Amount of time in disconnect determined by how much is added to the unit.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 12:33:29 PM »

Check out this thread for an alternative fairing. Haven't seen one in person yet, but asked the vendor for some customer contacts to see what they think of the product. He said he'd get their permission first.

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149812841/0
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 10:40:33 PM »

Now I'm really gonna throw a Monkey wrench in the works.

I like Elvis better without the fairing. If I had it to do over again I would not buy any brand of fairing.

Beags said it best  " You know Bro, a Road King is a Road King and an Electra Glide is an Electra Glide."

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 01:36:44 AM »

Now I'm really gonna throw a Monkey wrench in the works.  I like Elvis better without the fairing. If I had it to do over again I would not buy any brand of fairing. Beags said it best  " You know Bro, a Road King is a Road King and an Electra Glide is an Electra Glide."

Yes, I must agree. "Thus endth the lesson" as the famous Mr. Hubbard would say. I mean may as well go buy one of the heavier models and be done with it huh ?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 01:37:13 AM by CVOJOE »

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 10:04:36 AM »

Makes a hell of a wall ornament in the garage though Joe. I got mine hanging up with a battery powered H-D clock postioned where the cutout for the headlight is.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 10:10:03 AM »

maybe an IPOD and some cool earphones....  I started down this road....  bought a Hoppe Quadzilla for my RK..then decided naah, an RK is an RK...looked at a streetglide....didnt like the a$$rape price...  forgoet the streetglide idea; returned the fairing ; ended up with a Cherry SEEG...mo' bettah as they say   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

good luck sorting it out..

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 10:28:10 AM »

Makes a hell of a wall ornament in the garage though Joe. I got mine hanging up with a battery powered H-D clock postioned where the cutout for the headlight is.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
1st time I've ever used this...... [smiley=worthless.gif]  Har!  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 01:24:38 PM »

[highlight]Makes a hell of a wall ornament in the garage though Joe. I got mine hanging up with a battery powered H-D clock postioned where the cutout for the headlight is.[/highlight]  [smiley=ROFLOL.gif] [smiley=ROFLOL.gif]  

Man, that's ingenuity! We gotta see a pic of the chronometer-fairing dude!

[smiley=worthless.gif]

doa

• FLHRSEI2
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 10:30:56 AM »

Thanks doe the input.  

Guess I'm still not sure what I want to do.  Maybe just an Ipod.
On the long ride would be nice to have a radio.

I want to keep the FLHRSEI2 as I did a ton of work to the bike.  So I do not want a new one. I know I could sell it back to the stealer for around 20 maybe. But love the bike and all I want is a radio LOL
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:33:10 AM by doa »

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 11:04:26 AM »

here is a thought....  i cant remember the manufacturers name; but Mile High harley has a set of speakers that mount up front on the tree; with a chrome plate for mounting the MP3 player or sat receiver...  they are veery small, very chrome and VERY powerful.....  and no, they aint cheap, but they are cheaper than a fairing..i can call the parts desk if you really wanna know

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 06:57:28 PM »

here is a thought....  i cant remember the manufacturers name; but Mile High harley has a set of speakers that mount up front on the tree; with a chrome plate for mounting the MP3 player or sat receiver...  they are veery small, very chrome and VERY powerful.....  and no, they aint cheap, but they are cheaper than a fairing..i can call the parts desk if you really wanna know

sounds like a J&M setup, you could also remove your tach and mount a roadtech radio to the bars
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 07:08:02 PM »

sounds like a J&M setup, you could also remove your tach and mount a roadtech radio to the bars
Or.....you could just ride along and listen to the voices and soundtracks in your head......tell 'um, TwoLane.   ;)har!  spyder [smiley=drink.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 07:16:59 PM »

I dont belive it was a J&M product or Road Tunes...  as I recall it wasnt a name I had heard before, but it was pretty slick.
Its buggin me now. :-/..  so I will call and find out.

S

doa

• FLHRSEI2
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

I have been listening  to the voices my head and they keep telling me to get a radio for the long rides.  LOL
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 20 queries.