Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: front motor mount  (Read 2555 times)

twincam

front motor mount
« on: June 28, 2006, 10:12:13 PM »

had to replace the front motor mount, around 4000 miles I just noticed ultrafxr had the same problem everyone might want to check >:( to see how theirs is doing

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
Re: front motor mount
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 08:13:02 AM »

Already had mine replaced....haven't checked it since though....

sturbee

• Scooter guy
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 10:29:52 AM »

I had mine replaced at 4500 miles, front exhaust pipe (V&H TRue Duals) was banging into rear brake lever, easy to spot
06 SE Ultra, Autumn Haze, Sept 9/24/05
01 Road King Classic, Berry Wine custom paint

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 10:57:24 AM »

I had mine replaced at 4500 miles, front exhaust pipe (V&H TRue Duals) was banging into rear brake lever, easy to spot

After the mount was replace???  Mine too...had to grind away on the brake lever...hated doing that.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 11:47:56 AM »

After the mount was replace???  Mine too...had to grind away on the brake lever...hated doing that.

Me too.  Had to grind the heat shield and the brake lever. Guess I know why now.  Have noticed over the last couple thousand miles that when I go over any kind of bump, I could feel the motor make contact with the brake lever and can feel it in the floorboards.  Guess I'll take in in one of these days. I've heard that when the mount is replaced w/ the new style, you can feel more vibration. True/False?
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 12:15:24 PM »

Me too.  Had to grind the heat shield and the brake lever. Guess I know why now.  Have noticed over the last couple thousand miles that when I go over any kind of bump, I could feel the motor make contact with the brake lever and can feel it in the floorboards.  Guess I'll take in in one of these days. I've heard that when the mount is replaced w/ the new style, you can feel more vibration. True/False?

True...motor shakes around like you wouldn't believe....almost wish I'd of left the broken mount in place...seemed to work better.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 04:54:05 PM »

Several people have stated they wished they had their old mount back.  This was the same mount since 1979, vendor screwed up, another redesigned, and it is too stiff.  Next time try the Velva Ride mount from Vthunder.

sturbee

• Scooter guy
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 01:42:50 PM »

My rear brake lever was banging against the front exhaust pipe (V&H True Duals) before the motor mount was replaced, after replacment I have 1/2 inch clearance

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 08:24:11 PM »

Excuse me for going off on a tangent here but if you're having a problem with clearance between the header and brake pedal then the Kurry pedal will solve the problem. The angle is a lot different than our stock pedal and will leave plenty of room. It's actually a nicer pedal than the stock one too.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=2522
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 10:51:02 PM »

Excuse me for going off on a tangent here but if you're having a problem with clearance between the header and brake pedal then the Kurry pedal will solve the problem. The angle is a lot different than our stock pedal and will leave plenty of room. It's actually a nicer pedal than the stock one too.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=2522

Don't know how this compares to EZ brake but I've used the EZ brake and shift linkage for 6 years.  Wonderful is the only term I can use to describe.  It ain't a necessity until you've had it.  Then you just can't live without it.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

sturbee

• Scooter guy
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 10:45:12 AM »

Damage from broken motor mount mounts
Front shifter lever is gorged out from the vibration, I am replacing shifter with after market unit
Gas tank has damage due to air cleaner comming loose and banging gas tank, delaer did not use locktite on Zippers air cleaner install
Not bad for the first 6k miles on scooter

2up

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 03:24:24 PM »

Was looking at the bottom of my front motor mount and noticed that the bushing was cracked. I guess it is time to get it changed also.

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 03:36:59 PM »

Never had an issue with a motor mount before.  Is this related to milage, and will all of us have this problem?  Does anyone have any pics to post so I know what to look for. (other than the brake hitting the exhaust pipe)  I'm heading to Sturgis and want to make sure this doesn't screw up my trip; I have 3600 miles on my bike.  Thanks for the help and alert. :o

twincam

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 09:33:16 PM »

look under the front of the bike mount is visable, rubber gromet around the mount my be cracked, or broken loose from the stud. noticable vibration in the bars. I caught mine before the mount itself broke. But if it does break the front of the motor will drop causing the damage. have a good trip to sturgis bro!!!!

electraglideclyde

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • GA

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 04:04:06 PM »

I took my bike in for the leaking oil cooler lines and they found the bad front mount. 4800 miles. They said they replaced it with a newer part. From what I read in the thread, it won't break, but you get more vibration. The $hit just keeps getting deeper. This is the worst H-D I've ever owned. And to think, I sold my first born to buy this bike !!
Hair of the Dog
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 24 queries.