Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Saddle Bags Falling Off  (Read 51790 times)

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
Re: Saddle Bags Falling Off
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »

:beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2012, 08:46:45 PM »

Gotta love the folks who have been lucky so far and thus seem to feel superior to those other folks who obviously don't know how to install the bags properly.  I'm waiting for one of them to come back and report that even they have finally been bitten.  Assuming they would fess up to being wrong of course.

With all the variability in Harley's bikes and accessories, why is it that some people can't seem to believe it's possible that some bags, even when properly installed, have and can come loose?  Most of the many faults found on Harley's aren't in the 100% category, some fail and some don't.  If you have one that doesn't suffer a particular failure that is common on other bikes, it's much more likely to be related to chance and not some superiority of the guy riding the bike.   

As the fireman once said, where there is smoke there is often fire.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2012, 09:09:17 PM »

whoa  Jerry i respect your opinion on this forum ...however as a convertible owner  myself i don't feel superior to the other members ..yes i have been fortunate that my bags haven't falling off ..i have said my 2cents about the bags issues here and I'm done with this topic ...the optional fix has been posted
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2012, 04:31:58 PM »

cpm83

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2012, 06:40:46 PM »

True aint that the truth I am so happy I purchased this bad boy! so any of you have any problems with the media player on the GPS? About 50% of the time I have to resart it so that it will find my music.
I have the same problem with the media player.  I have to restart mine every now and then also....I talked to a tech at Garmin who told me that they were aware of this problem and were working on a software update to fix it.  Keep looking at the MyGarmin website for software updates.

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2012, 09:11:26 AM »

I have the same issue.  Garmin acted as though I didn't know how to download music.  Never got any where with it.  Will anxiously wait for a fix.

BTW, how did this get in a saddle bags falling off thread?
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2012, 10:05:41 AM »

:jack:

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2012, 03:38:45 PM »

cpm83 is new and possibly doesn't understand how threads work just yet.  We all can collectively (and compassionately) educate him or her in the ways of the threads and they will be productive participants in no time at all.   :2vrolijk_21:   Pork.

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2012, 04:46:33 PM »

Pork, I always new you were a compasionate philosopher at heart. ;)

Maybe CPM did us a favor, perhaps this thread should be jacked, Lever and I haven't had anything else to disagree about lately! ;D

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »

:D
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

cpm83

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2012, 06:46:28 PM »

cpm83 (he) knows how threads work.  On Sept 20 Turkish posted reply #105 in the saddlebags falling off discussion and in it he asked if anyone had problems with the media player.  I know this was off topic but I`ve had this same problem and thought I would let him know what I found out from Garmin.  Maybe I should have started a new thread...sorry...

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2012, 06:52:42 PM »

No problem brother, welcome to the forum.  You have a great bike and in spite of our minor differences of opinions on a wide range of topics, we all love our ConV's, however our love for the MoCo depends on our mood at the time.

cpm83

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2012, 06:59:18 PM »

Thanks!!

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2012, 07:35:20 PM »

we all love our ConV's, however our love for the MoCo depends on our mood at the time.
[/quote]
I could not have said it more concisely myself.  Today, I got the voltage regulator replaced (recall item, so hopefully a couple electronic issues will go away) as well as the speed sensor (supposed to keep the CC from kicking off, which is a problem I have been experiencing for the last 5K) and afterward they offered to wash the bike for me (to which I promptly replied, "gosh that'd be great; however don't let them wash the bike without covering the air filter with some sort of bag; I learned a lesson a year ago") and he said they would and I said ok.  So, an hour later I was riding out on a beautiful red bike and feeling on top of the world.  Even seemed like it shifted and ran better.  Way to go, MoCo!! My hero!........................................sigh............................................... :-)  And then I looked back and yup, sure enough, my saddlebags were still intact!  And that, my fellow forumers, is how to stay "on thread" and not hijack anything.   ;)      Pork.

CVOgaree

• Junior CVO Member
  • My 2011 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2013, 09:05:32 PM »

I had both the right (2x) and left saddle bag fall off in the first 2 months of owning my 2010 ConV. I was luckily able to recover both with minimal damage and was convinced that there was something wrong with the latching system. Ever since then I ALWAYS make a point to double check the bag mounting points and locks to make sure they are securely latched into place before every ride. In the 2 years since that time I have not had another bag fall off. I hate to say it but the statistics are on the side of human error - at least in my case. Now prior to this I would have sworn under oath that I latched the bags properly prior to each ride when the bags fell off but the data doesn't seem to support that. Now giving the latches a twist to make sure they are locked into place and secure is part of my normal preflight check. I can honestly say I am comforable enough with them to use the bags again without adding any 3rd party product to secure them further.

I totally agree, I had the same problem, resolved by preflight checks.

MikeV

Maple Metallic & Roman Gold with Burnished Copper Graphics
Vance/Hines slip-ons, 84 LED's amber, Cee Baily x4 windshield. New factory mirrors replaced by HD. LED tail lights.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.