Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: 2007 CVO Models?  (Read 12126 times)

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
Re: 2007 CVO Models?
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2006, 12:37:17 PM »

I have new model info [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif].... been sitting on it for 15 minutes assuming the HD website would say.  It seems to be down, and our leader has prohibited me from saying.  Can I tell?????  [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=pumpkin.gif]

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2006, 12:44:27 PM »

nothing on h-d.com yet what have you heard
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

FastFreddie

• 08 Ultra, 00 FLSTC, XR1000, 48E,01 Deuce
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2006, 12:45:34 PM »

July 14, 2006

New Engine, Four New Models From Harley-Davidson

More Powerful Twin Cam 96 and 6-Speed Transmission for 2007 Big Twin Models

MILWAUKEE (July 14, 2006) – Harley-Davidson will launch the Twin Cam 96, an all-new Big Twin engine, as it introduces its 2007 line of motorcycles. The Twin Cam 96 will power all models in the Harley-Davidson Dyna, Softail and Touring product families, each of which will also feature the 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission. New motorcycles for 2007 include two VRSC models, the all-new FXSTC Softail Custom, and a limited-edition model celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Sportster introduction.

“The V-Twin engine has always been the centerpiece of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle,” said Bill Davidson, Harley-Davidson Director of Motorcycle Product Development. “It’s integral not only to the performance of the motorcycle, but also to its styling, to its sound, and to the way it feels to the rider. The new Twin Cam 96 and 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission offer enhanced performance, while maintaining the traditional aesthetics of the Harley-Davidson Big Twin.”

It is the timeless blend of form and function that shapes the character of every Harley-Davidson model. It’s a philosophy that dictates that the machine should stir the soul not just through its physical performance, but also through its presence, an expression of the passion that has guided Harley-Davidson for more than a century.

Highlights of the 2007 Harley-Davidson line include:

The new Twin Cam 96 engine, paired with the 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission, delivers up to 17 percent more torque (varies by model family) than the Twin Cam 88 it replaces and incorporates a number of design changes to enhance performance and reliability. It will only be offered with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI). The 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission features quieter helical-cut gears in ratios optimized to match the torque curve of the Twin Cam 96. A sixth gear reduces engine rpm by 11 percent at highway speeds. New mufflers have been tuned to enhance the lower sound frequencies for a more commanding exhaust tone.
The VRSC family of liquid-cooled power-cruisers features two new models. The VRSCDX Night Rod Special offers menacing, blacked-out styling. The limited-edition VRSCX features the pavement-scorching power of a big-bore Revolution V-Twin engine with drag-bike styling and graphics that pay tribute to the NHRA champion Screamin’ Eagle / Vance & Hines Pro Stock Motorcycle racing team.
The new FXSTC Softail Custom reprises the styling cues of the classic chopper, with a 200mm rear tire, king-and-queen seat, and Bobtail rear fender.
The limited-edition 50th Anniversary Sportster features special badging, a traditional peanut fuel tank, and other classic components to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the 1957 Sportster introduction.
The FLSTF Fat Boy is refreshed and reloaded for 2007, with new wheels and styling details, a new 200mm rear tire, and the performance of the Twin Cam 96/B engine and 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission.
The FXDC Dyna Super Glide Custom is redesigned to enhance its aesthetic appeal with additional chrome and custom features, including a new two-up, ribbed seat, Fat Bob fuel tank and a mini-pullback handlebar.
Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) will offer four exciting models for 2007: the Screamin’ Eagle Road King, the Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide, the Screamin’ Eagle Softail Springer, and the Screamin’ Eagle Dyna. Each is powered by a new high-performance Twin Cam 110 powertrain and features new accessories and fabulous new paint schemes.
The new Harley-Davidson Smart Security System, featuring new hands-free fob and auto arming/disarming, is an available factory-installed option for all Harley-Davidson models.
Harley-Davidson will offer 17 new color combinations for 2007.

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2006, 12:48:37 PM »

nothing on h-d.com yet what have you heard

What he just said...  I got a call from SD a little after 11 and it's been killing me that I couldn't share.  I guess not everyone read the rules.  :)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2006, 12:50:54 PM »

it wasnt that i didnt want you guys to share i was just trying to avoid the same discussion happening on different threads all over the site like we had last year

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2006, 12:54:22 PM »

it wasnt that i didnt want you guys to share i was just trying to avoid the same discussion happening on different threads all over the site like we had last year

Maybe I've been a cop too long... "I'm asking that everyone hold off posting the info the second it gets released. when the info is available I'll post all official press releases in the NEWS section as well as relevant product info in each board creating new ones as necessary. "  ...That sounds like a rule to me :)  [smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 12:55:07 PM by DJW »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2006, 12:57:01 PM »

hmmm, i guess that is what i said. anyway should only be a few minutes till h-d releases the info then, the site will be in maintence mode while i get this setup

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2006, 12:58:59 PM »

Some dealers are already on their way to San Diego, and the latest info from a usually well informed source is a larger engine for at least some of the CVO models. And a 2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King !!!!! Yeah.

Got this one right. And I have bought a 2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King with 110 powertrain ;-))))). There is nothing better than one CVO, except more than one.

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2006, 02:31:02 PM »

No mystery to me.  I spent quite a few years in the Defense Industry.  There are thousands of former employees still keeping quiet about projects they worked on twenty years ago.  Some will be known about someday, some will never be made public.

I don't know about HD, but when the Gummint says "don't tell", people do it.

BLM pretty much sums it up--job security....and some fear as well.
 ;)

Nope...not sceered...maybe just enjoy watching all the TALL STORIES on here....the "RELIABLE SOURCE" stories...they're quite entertaining... ;D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 02:38:26 PM by sooiee »
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

SAC

• Full CVO Member
  • Real Mother F** N.C.C. 3%
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2006, 03:07:14 PM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the information is on the HD web-site.  You have to go to the company drop down and then to NEWS for the press releases.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2006, 04:00:43 PM »

The notion of a larger displacement engine across the board is no great surprise.  Not only that it is seriously needed as, even with the "new" larger displacement of the base Twin Cam they are still behind the curve on what everyone else is offering.  So it's good news, but certainly nothing earth shattering.

The CVO line is... well.... at least initially it seems a bit underwhelming also.  The Ultra was a given.  The second year was a sure bet.  And a Springer?  A Springer......?  Kind of an odd man out choice it seems.  The Dyna may be a cool machine for the niche that are the Dynas.  And it was a good bet that if a fourth model got added to the CVO line it would be another touring bike as those seem to be the best sellers.  

Since the Road King was relatively recent though I'm surprised another Road King is that fourth model right now.  Either they figured they just sell so many more Road Kings than Road Glides it was a no brainer from that perspective or (and this makes sense too) it didn't seem right to have two fairinged models in the CVO family at the same time.

If Touring models stay in the CVO family this would suggest that a CVO Road Glide will then follow either the end of the Ultra or the end of this Road King iteration.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2006, 04:12:12 PM »

well not that they have recycled the SERK, maybe this signals a shift to 1 year productions runs..... only 365 more days till we find out

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2006, 04:59:10 PM »

Photos just appear on H-D's website!!!

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2006, 07:49:37 PM »

Here's the latest scoop:

4 CVO bikes for 2007....Se Ultra2, Dyna low rider,Softtail springer model w/240 Fat Tire, New Touring V-Rod set up.

Sportster to be done as a Special 50th Anniversary Model.

Photo's will be out in about 2 weeks.......
---------------------------------------------------
Source's weren't too bad this year considering they can't spill all the beans and sometimes speak in half truth's...... [smiley=nixweiss.gif] But hey I'll take it. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

4 cvo bikes.......check
Dyna.....check
Softtail Springer.....check
CUSE2.....check
50th Anniversary Sportster....check

SE VROD Touring.......wrong! Maybe I was so excited by the other news I screwed that one up on my own. [smiley=oops.gif]
SE Road King "Touring Family Model"...was the ticket.

I'll try to pay better attention next year.  [smiley=drink.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2006, 08:26:02 PM »

Hey FatBoy......you were on the money!  Best guesses (with some validity) that we had.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.