Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lowers  (Read 817 times)

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
Lowers
« on: July 05, 2006, 01:32:13 PM »

I took the lowers off the other day as the wife was complaining of roasted leg syndrome and noticed that I have a lot less helmet buffeting with them off.
  I have some desert dawgs that I picked up in Sturgis last year so I think I'll just throw those puppies in the saddlebag in case I run into some rain or cold on the annual roadtrip and enjoy the smoother air.
MObe

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Lowers
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 01:38:19 PM »

I took the lowers off the other day as the wife was complaining of roasted leg syndrome and noticed that I have a lot less helmet buffeting with them off.
  I have some desert dawgs that I picked up in Sturgis last year so I think I'll just throw those puppies in the saddlebag in case I run into some rain or cold on the annual roadtrip and enjoy the smoother air.
Mobe, of course your bike is hot - you claim it right under your avatar - Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!

;D   ;D   ;D  I still have mine on, but vents open and with the new freedom wings pointing air at you, it is like having air conditioning...... well almost.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 03:05:42 PM »

;D   ;D   ;D  [highlight]I still have mine on,[/highlight] but vents open and with the new freedom wings pointing air at you, it is like having air conditioning...... well almost.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Candy, does MR.WeCVO still have his lowers on?  Bet the freedom wings are not enough to deal with them on the '04.   :-/   har!  [smiley=sunny.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 03:48:02 PM »

Candy, does MR.WeCVO still have his lowers on?  Bet the freedom wings are not enough to deal with them on the '04.   :-/   har!  [smiley=sunny.gif] spyder

Oh you are so right on about that.  He removed them before we headed out for our Canadian trip. It had been in the high 80 low 90s before leaving. We did manage to make the ten day, seven of them riding, 2500 mile trip with only a 45 minutes of darn right ugly rain, but the rest of the trip was fantastic weather.  It did get a bit chilly up in Canada itself, but Mr We did fine.  The brother-in-law though had to stop and buy the leatherette cheating lowers for the Road King. He was chilly as a popsicle.  I guess it is hard to plan for all contngencies.   [smiley=cherry.gif]

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 20 queries.