Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: New Harley and CVO Roadglide Ultra owner. New to forum.  (Read 4883 times)

D avidGraham

New Harley and CVO Roadglide Ultra owner. New to forum.
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:45:06 PM »

Hi all. Delighted to share that today I put down a deposit for a new 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO (Reo Red & Black). Will pick up in a few weeks (or have delivered/store with dealer depending on weather her in NJ) after mods done. I sold my BMW LT in the fall and have now crossed over. Having rented HD on a few fly-rides and had the chance to try a friend's CVO I knew it was time. I often ride 2 up with my wife and wanted ultra or custom with tour pak added. Was delighted yesterday to find a new CVO RG Ultra in local dealer showroom alongside a 2012 Road Glide Custom (Black/white). Agonized over both bikes, test riding both today solved it. Being 6'2" the fit on the ultra was great, not so on the custom - low and uncomfortable and although I liked the look of the black cockpit in the showroom, riding behind the black with black bars just didn't do it for me. Loving the chrome on the ultra and happy there's no skulls.

Advice on initial mods most welcome. At the dealer, we agreed to add highway pegs, the highest wind splitter windshield (15"?), and the George Anderson relo kit - to give passenger more room. Now at home I'm seeing that highway pegs are shown as standard on web pics/reviews. Am I right that the salesman missed this and they'll be with the stuff that comes with the bike, just not fitted? Should they be included already?

Also, with my height, the stock windshield didn't do much for me. Will the splitter shield work or should I look for something else? I ride with a full face helmet.

Excited to get riding, today was in the high 50's but I know that won't last so need to be patient. Thanks to all for posts, I think I read most of them when comparing ultra and custom RG. Appreciate any advice offered.
2011 FLTRUSE (Rio Red)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: New Harley and CVO Roadglide Ultra owner. New to forum.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 11:05:58 PM »

Hi all. Delighted to share that today I put down a deposit for a new 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO (Reo Red & Black). Will pick up in a few weeks (or have delivered/store with dealer depending on weather her in NJ) after mods done. I sold my BMW LT in the fall and have now crossed over. Having rented HD on a few fly-rides and had the chance to try a friend's CVO I knew it was time. I often ride 2 up with my wife and wanted ultra or custom with tour pak added. Was delighted yesterday to find a new CVO RG Ultra in local dealer showroom alongside a 2012 Road Glide Custom (Black/white). Agonized over both bikes, test riding both today solved it. Being 6'2" the fit on the ultra was great, not so on the custom - low and uncomfortable and although I liked the look of the black cockpit in the showroom, riding behind the black with black bars just didn't do it for me. Loving the chrome on the ultra and happy there's no skulls.

Advice on initial mods most welcome. At the dealer, we agreed to add highway pegs, the highest wind splitter windshield (15"?), and the George Anderson relo kit - to give passenger more room. Now at home I'm seeing that highway pegs are shown as standard on web pics/reviews. Am I right that the salesman missed this and they'll be with the stuff that comes with the bike, just not fitted? Should they be included already?

Also, with my height, the stock windshield didn't do much for me. Will the splitter shield work or should I look for something else? I ride with a full face helmet.

Excited to get riding, today was in the high 50's but I know that won't last so need to be patient. Thanks to all for posts, I think I read most of them when comparing ultra and custom RG. Appreciate any advice offered.

Congrats on the new SEURG.  Yes, the highway pegs come with the SEURG, they are normally in one of the saddlebags with the other "CVO Goodies".  Also make sure you got the frame wind deflectors.  (Look down between the inner fairing and the forks and you should see a black plastic shield mounted on both sides of the tank.)  I'm 6'4" and have no issue with the stock shield, but everyone sits differently on their bikes.  A lot of people on here have gotten the Clearview w/recurve or the C Bailey windshields for their SEURGs.

:devil:  

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 11:33:59 PM »

Welcome aboard from Minnesota! Glad you've joined the fun. Congrats on the new scoot!

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 11:44:43 PM »

:welcome_005: to the site from Toledo, Ohio
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 11:51:56 PM »

Welcome to the site from South Korea. Congrats on your new ride. Hope you enjoy it.

Raptor

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 03 SE Deuce (Gold), 09 SERG (Orange)
    • CVO2: 11.5 SEUC (Blue), CVO4: 12 SESG (Hot C.)
    • CVO3: 14 FLHTK PO, 17 FLHXS
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 12:43:53 AM »

Congrats & welcome.

Just my humble opinion. I've owned several Ultras and have always used Harley's "Tall" shield or you can save a few bucks and get one of the after-market brands from one of the parts places like Dennis Kirk. I couldn't tell the difference between the H-D Tall and the Rifle Brand from D. Kirk.  My wife preferred the protection she got from the taller shield vs the contoured specialty Shields were the wind would wrap around me and hit her.   
I don't care if I die with the most toys....  I just want to play with as many as I can before I go!

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 02:37:59 AM »

Welcome to the shark side!!  You will find plenty of information here.  Wind shield choice seems very subjective.  I tried three before finding and loving the Cee Bailey's.  At your height I would suggest the 15" model. 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

BALIS

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 05:11:19 AM »

Welcome from Brussels,Belgium.
Great bike,good choice
Ride safe.

iwamas

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 05:16:54 AM »

Welcome from Amman, Jordan

BAGGER 1

• Senior CVO Member
  • Leeco
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 06:16:23 AM »

Welcome to the site, and congrats on the new SEURG , you will enjoy spending money customizing the bike the you want it.

D avidGraham

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 06:45:07 AM »

Thanks for the kind wishes. Look forward to keeping in touch and can't wait to get riding. Nova Scotia is on the list for June, among others. What a great bike.
2011 FLTRUSE (Rio Red)

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 07:19:51 AM »

Welcome from Virginia, and congrats on the new ride.. :2vrolijk_21:

Irish john

• 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 07:53:22 AM »

Welcome from Ireland
2008 FLHTCUSE3

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 07:59:53 AM »

welcome from charlotte nc
so what dealer did you buy from in nj?????????
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 09:16:01 AM »

Welcome to the site from South Louisiana...Laisse-Les-Bon-Temps-Roulee...

Go Tigers...LSU #1 
   :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 24 queries.