Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: leather vs vinyl seats  (Read 1640 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
leather vs vinyl seats
« on: January 08, 2012, 08:54:32 AM »

I am going to order a Russel seat. I have always had vinyl seats before. What are your opinions of the two  seat covers? Thanks For the input billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

justplainjim

• Junior CVO Member
Re: leather vs vinyl seats
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 10:21:32 AM »

It is my understanding that leather seats like Corbin breath making for a somewhat cooler butt. 

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 10:24:15 AM »

I've owned many seat over the years, I've always found leather to be more comfortable......plus they age better!

_Beags
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 10:37:29 AM »

I have always had vinyl until my last seat, it is leather and by far more comfortable  :huepfenjump3:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 10:37:31 AM »

Hey Billy! :drink: I went to the Russell website and checked out their seats. Curious why you choose Russell? Have you seen one in person or had one previously or know someone who has one. Looks like a lot of options and can get pretty costly. I personally would have to see, sit, or know someone who has one before I give it a shot.  :nixweiss: Again, just curious and would love to see a picture of what you choose to go with! Thanks and God Bless! :2vrolijk_21:

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 05:39:09 PM »

Hey Billy! :drink: I went to the Russell website and checked out their seats. Curious why you choose Russell? Have you seen one in person or had one previously or know someone who has one. Looks like a lot of options and can get pretty costly. I personally would have to see, sit, or know someone who has one before I give it a shot.  :nixweiss: Again, just curious and would love to see a picture of what you choose to go with! Thanks and God Bless! :2vrolijk_21:
I am justlooking for very comfortable seat. I have a Mustang with A Gel pad I added. I still have two spots on my Butt that are soreafter 2 hours. I do not know  of anyone with this seat but thewarranty said if I don't like it I get my money back after 2 attempts to make it right. So I am always looking the next best thing So I hope this is it. I will let everyone know how it goes.     I will send pictures if ever figure out how to make them smaller for the web site been trying for 5 years .  Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 05:58:21 PM »

I am justlooking for very comfortable seat. I have a Mustang with A Gel pad I added. I still have two spots on my Butt that are soreafter 2 hours. I do not know  of anyone with this seat but thewarranty said if I don't like it I get my money back after 2 attempts to make it right. So I am always looking the next best thing So I hope this is it. I will let everyone know how it goes.     I will send pictures if ever figure out how to make them smaller for the web site been trying for 5 years .  Billy

Image Resizer
Resize your image files with one simple right-click.
Download is under "Power Toys"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/windows-xp

Richard                  :pineapple:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 06:02:22 PM by rbaker »

Jerry/MD

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »

Billy,
I spent a ton of money to modify an H-D Sundowner with Leather and Memory Foam...and didn't feel any noticeable difference.  :'(

The stock seat on my CVO Road Glide is by far the most comfortable I've had so far. :2vrolijk_21: Just my experience..........

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 09:18:15 PM »

Thanks I know I am chasing a dream but I can never  say never  I have to try .  Thanks

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 09:19:08 PM »

Billy,
I spent a ton of money to modify an H-D Sundowner with Leather and Memory Foam...and didn't feel any noticeable difference.  :'(

The stock seat on my CVO Road Glide is by far the most comfortable I've had so far. :2vrolijk_21: Just my experience..........
What about Windows 7 ?   Billy

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 09:32:30 PM »

Thanks I know I am chasing a dream but I can never  say never  I have to try .  Thanks

Billy if your seat is that uncomfortable  :nervous: have you ever thought about getting a custom seat made?   :nixweiss: I sent my stock HD seat to Alligator Bob and he resized it to fit me and put a polymer pad inside and wrapped it with buffalo leather.  :huepfenjump3: It was not cheap, but what good is a mc that you can't sit in the seat  more than an hour  :gossip:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 10:22:04 PM »

Allan at Mean City Cycles can also help you out if you want to upgrade your stock seat and gets great reviews.
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 10:50:45 PM »

What about Windows 7 ?   Billy

No microsoft power toy image resizer for windows 7 , But..... this will work under windows 7.....

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/releases/view/30247

richard     :pineapple: :pineapple:

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 07:05:55 AM »

No microsoft power toy image resizer for windows 7 , But..... this will work under windows 7.....

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/releases/view/30247

richard     :pineapple: :pineapple:
  Thanks I wll give it a try   Billy

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 07:08:56 AM »

Billy if your seat is that uncomfortable  :nervous: have you ever thought about getting a custom seat made?   :nixweiss: I sent my stock HD seat to Alligator Bob and he resized it to fit me and put a polymer pad inside and wrapped it with buffalo leather.  :huepfenjump3: It was not cheap, but what good is a mc that you can't sit in the seat  more than an hour  :gossip:

Alligator Bob did redo my seat I live about 40 minutes from him. He shaved down the seat and installed the gel pad. I can ride labout 2 or 3 hours without pain  But when I ride day after day on a week long trip the seat seems to hurt my sits bones.  So i will try The Russells seat .     Thanks For the help Billy
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 24 queries.