Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: CVO Road King to CVO Street Glide  (Read 4087 times)

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

CVO Road King to CVO Street Glide
« on: January 11, 2012, 05:58:26 PM »

Hi everyone! I thinking very hard about moving from my current CVO Road king to a street glide. I do a lot of riding alone but do take the occasional trip with the wife on the back. I'll add a chopped tour for the longer trips but I'm wondering how the Street Glide will do two up on a trip. I see they are not using air shocks like the Road King. Does anyone care to comment on the seat or ride? I need to keep the BSR reasonably happy. She is fine on the RK.
Thanks,
RETIRED! :fireman:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: CVO Road King to CVO Street Glide
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 06:01:23 PM »

The stock seat is not BSR Friendly.   For two up I use a Mustang Seat.   As far as trips go, I also bought the Full size Tour Pak and the George Anderson relocation kit.   Wife thinks the Krytpo is the smoothest of the bikes we have had even including the SE ultra's and SERGU.   
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

BADBAGG

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B D& D Fat Cat , SE 259E Cams , High Compression Pistons , TTS Mastertune, Yaffe Monkeys bars , Yaffe Monkey engine guard , Kenwood DVD/CD radio 650 watts 7 speakers. C & C solo seat , Motorcycle Armor, Klock Werks 8" windsheild,30 tooth pulley
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 06:02:34 PM »

Keep your bike and buy the streetglide fairing and brackets. Paint to match and you have a streetglide with the comfort of the roadking  :nixweiss:

mikegiotto

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ROADKING
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO STREET GLIDE
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 08:30:54 PM »

I just traded my 07 CVO roadking for a 2012 CVO strret gide and I am extremeley happy the ride is much better on the 2012. Take the leap you will never look back.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 11:52:57 PM »

You will love the fairing and will never look back  :2vrolijk_21:  :pepper:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 08:19:49 AM »

I thought about doing the samething, but instead added Faring, Hard Bags and King Tour Pak to my 07 Road King, What a difference, I wouldn't trade my RK for anything out there.  :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 08:33:35 AM »

Keep your bike and buy the streetglide fairing and brackets. Paint to match and you have a streetglide with the comfort of the roadking  :nixweiss:
Great Point!

They are on the same frame anyway. If you add the fairing you get the added benefit of being able to strip it back down when you feel the need for a different look and feel.

I have a 2011 CVO Street Glide and absolutely love it but sometimes I miss being able to have the wind blow directly on me for those short summer time weekend runs.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »

I had an 07 SERK and traded it up to my current 11 SESG. It was a great upgrade. I do change the seat when I go 2-up but the stock seat is fine for me. Not sure of the year of your Road King, but in 09 (I think) the frame was changed for all touring bikes. The change made a big improvement in ride and handling for me.
2011 FLHXSE2

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 12:45:24 PM »

I'm loving my 11 CVO SG.  The seat isn't comfortable for the BSR and since we ride 2 up mostly, that had to change.

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 06:04:11 PM »

I just traded my 07 CVO roadking for a 2012 CVO strret gide and I am extremeley happy the ride is much better on the 2012. Take the leap you will never look back.

I did the same as mikegiotto. My 2007 Road King Custom got traded in for the 2012 CVO SG and the difference in ride is amazing. I love my SG. Oh did I say its  a  :jalapeno: :jalapeno: Black Beauty  :jalapeno:
Only issue with the SG is that one has to remove the left side bag to get to the suspension adjustment, but then again so did you have to on the Road King to get to the air valve adjust. Just that on the CVO there is a lot of wires into the box for the sound system.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 07:26:47 PM »

Thanks guys! That really helps. I hate to part with the Road King but the model 110 I have has given one to many problems. I think its fixed now but the honeymoon is over. I have coin down on a new CVO Street Glide and the trade offer was good enough. I have a very nice Wide Glide that I am going to part with too. The trade on that with all the custom paint and other add on was not good enough so I'll have to sell that myself. Two bikes to keep is to much for me. The wife and I usually only do 16-1,700 miles over a week on our little trips. Sounds like the SG will be as good as the RK. I might even see if the same tour pack will work with a bracket change.

mark

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 11:06:53 AM »

Traded '03 CVO Road King for '10 CVO SG.  Really loved the RK, but for touring, the SG fairing does help with wind buffeting (after adding a taller windshield).  Plus, I have tunes on the SG.  Don't care for the stock SG shocks - they're way too stiff for me.  The air shocks on my RK were much better.  However, I've got no regrets going to the SESG. 

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 07:12:28 PM »

We should take delivery around the end of the month. Looks like I'll have to switch from the Road King board to the Street Glide side!  :pepper:

mark

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 07:29:37 PM »

Welcome aboard. 

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 10:07:43 AM »

Thanks guys! That really helps. I hate to part with the Road King but the model 110 I have has given one to many problems. I think its fixed now but the honeymoon is over. I have coin down on a new CVO Street Glide and the trade offer was good enough. I have a very nice Wide Glide that I am going to part with too. The trade on that with all the custom paint and other add on was not good enough so I'll have to sell that myself. Two bikes to keep is to much for me. The wife and I usually only do 16-1,700 miles over a week on our little trips. Sounds like the SG will be as good as the RK. I might even see if the same tour pack will work with a bracket change.

The tour pak should work if you change out the docking hardware.  Congrats on the new bike.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.