Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fork Lock Problem  (Read 1090 times)

TxDrifter

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Fork Lock Problem
« on: January 17, 2012, 04:53:32 PM »

I know there was a thread on here for this problem on the Road King locking, but mine was unlocking it, fortunately.  We were out with friends in Austin and we live near Houston with some friends and locked the forks before going into a bar.  When we came out it just plain would not unlock.  Fortunately the friends we were out with worked at the dealership, but even with their help, no joy.  Ended up calling H.O.G. Roadside and have someone come out to tow it.  Kind of a pain to get it on the trailer since the poor guy wasn't told that the forks were locked.  A 2012 FLSTSE3 with only a thousand miles on it should not have done that.  Had a choice of two keys or three weeks, needless to say, took the two keys option with a lot of grumbling.

They had it fixed by Monday afternoon, but had to get home for the job and won't be able to get back out to pick it up until Saturday.  Needless to say it is now getting a SERT and Supertrapp Supermeg put on it with a dynotune.  I figured since I would be without the bike anyway to just get it done. 

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member
  • Live Life at Full Throttle !

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: FXDWG2
Re: Fork Lock Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 10:26:32 AM »

FWIW -I never lock the forks jst for that reason.  :nixweiss: a group of us spent 2 hours removing a lock from a members RK last year. what a PIA.

JMHO  :2vrolijk_21:
'Keep your Knees in the Breeze'
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2012 FLSTSE3 - Satin Pewter - 'Brush Gold'
2015 BMW F700GS
2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse  TS 111

TxDrifter

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: Fork Lock Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 05:02:12 PM »

I normally don't.  Girlfriend didn't lock her Fatboy after that either.  Just glad I have the keyless and would love to have it on hers now.

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.