Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Nor Cal winter weekend......  (Read 6485 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Re: Nor Cal winter weekend......
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 11:29:58 AM »

Thanks JC for another great Ride Report.
You poor guy, I just don't know how you are ever surviving such a tough winter in No Cal with those early sunsets and all?  ;D
Looks like you're making the most of it, and good for you!
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 11:39:39 AM »

Great pictures and report JC!  Sorry that I couldn't make it yesterday.  Will be getting out today though...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 11:43:52 AM »

JC what a pleasant surprise to wake up this morning in cold Ohio and open up your pictures to a beautiful ride  :pepper:  My congrats to Van on his beautiful SG  :2vrolijk_21:  I have to say that you and Terrie have beautiful scooters  :). I love everything that you have done to both of them and your tour paks are next to fabulous.  I am making that my mission and promise in life and that is to meet you both and go on one of your scenic breakfast rides.    :multi:  Thank you again for the great pictures and sharing your trip with us here in the frozen states  :dankk2:

You know you two have a standing invitation.  When schools out...... :nixweiss:

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 11:50:34 AM »

JC, great pics as always!  You have got some great riding out there.  My sister lives in Danville and I've wanted to ride out to visit but just haven't been able to take the time.  Maybe I can convince Duane (Porthole) to do a road trip!
You bike looks super.  Noticed you have a thicker pad beneath the backrest pad on your tour pack.  I need something similar.  Where did you get it?

Just a thought........do in reverse what Andy, Jon and I did a few years ago.  You guys can ship your bikes to Jim's shop (Keyboard Carriage has been to Jim's shop more than once!), fly in to Oakland International.  Spend a day with your sister (Danville is a beautiful area just a few miles down the road) a couple of days riding Nor Cal then the rest of a two week vacation to ride back across this country.  Just a thought. :nixweiss:

It's a thought that I think a lot of people have but few take the initiative to make it happen.  Instead of talking theirselves in to it.......most people come up with a list of excuses for why they can't do it......talking theirselves out of it.  Just do it. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »

Great pictures and report JC!  Sorry that I couldn't make it yesterday.  Will be getting out today though...

Are you going to come this way?   Kind of a late start but I'll meet you half way. :nixweiss:

Thank you everbody for the complaments.....I appreciate them.  I do these RRs for all of you that can't join us (and especially for those that can't ride at all, due to weather or whatever. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 01:26:07 PM »

Here in the great white north we can only dream of riding. :(

Very nice....... :bananarock:

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »

we could have had a little ride today - allthough just a really short one at 20° F. But no snow, nor even salt on the roads in the Elbe valley, just beautifull sunny weather. Just a little fresh  ::)

But I was stupid enough to postpone the annual server updates last weekend when when it rained like mad over here  ::)

The weather folks don't expect us to get any real winter this year ...
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 04:55:18 PM »

As always JC great pics of great riding.Thanx for sharing  :2vrolijk_21:

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 08:25:32 PM »

I appreciate jc taking all those beautiful pics of my new bike. Hes like having your personal event photographer along at all times. I thought about getting a camera like his but im poor so a got a crappy one instead-thanks again to jim for his help!! :orange: :bananarock:

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 09:18:17 PM »

Great pics! Looked like a fun ride. Van's new SESG looks great!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Boxman88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • States
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 10:00:09 PM »

Looks like a beautiful place to ride. Maybe some day I can make it out that way. Keep the pictures coming.
Charcoal Slate / Carbon Dust
HD Super Tuner / Custom Map
VH Power Duals / H.O. Slip On's
121 Torque 111 Hp
Progressive Monotubes Front
Progressive 944 Rear

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 02:31:08 AM »

It was a great day.  Metal Dragon was popular Saturday morning. I had my 40k service and a new rear tire done on Friday, so got to see Jim and Joe both days but Lea was there Saturday.  Always good to see Van, and yes his new bike is gorgeous.  Andy is always fun to see.  Breakfast at Country Way was good.

Right now California is in a drought period. This season is when we normally get our rains. Funny how some people respond to the comment "What beautiful weather we're having.". They respond "It's not beautiful, we're in a drought and need rain!"  I tell them that I'll feel bad about the drought while I enjoy riding my Harley in the great outdoors.  Maybe we're supposed to stay home looking out the window at it not raining and be miserable? Does riding and enjoying the weather worsen the drought? If so blame it on me!  Obviously bitching about the drought doesn't work or else we'd be flooding.

Pirate's lair has b-fast, lunch and dinner and is a little over an hour trip for me. I enjoy exploring the Delta. Not the same on land as water. Spring will be here soon. The year is already 1/12th over.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.