Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2012 SEUC seat VIN required???  (Read 4277 times)

Stringer

• Sir Lurksalot

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 - Traded in
Re: 2012 SEUC seat VIN required???
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 10:45:51 AM »

Does this 2012 seat sit lower than the 2009 CVO Ultra seat?  I switched to a Mustang seat because the stocker made me feel like I was sitting in a high chair.  But I'm not 100% satisfied with the Mustang seat and I definitely miss the heated aspect lately.  Wouldn't mind switching back in if the 2012 seat sits low enough.

2014 FLHTKSE

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 06:02:29 PM »

Does this 2012 seat sit lower than the 2009 CVO Ultra seat?  I switched to a Mustang seat because the stocker made me feel like I was sitting in a high chair.  But I'm not 100% satisfied with the Mustang seat and I definitely miss the heated aspect lately.  Wouldn't mind switching back in if the 2012 seat sits low enough.
Well Stringer I can't say for sure that the 2012 seat sits lower than an 09'. Maybe someone that has owned both could tell us. What I know is the 2012 SEUC's that I have been on they felt to be about the same as my 09' maybe a tiny bit lower but the seat felt a lot more comfortable to me. The stock seat does feel like you are sitting on a high chair.
Why did you not buy the heated Mustang seat for your Ultra? Mustang says there heated touring seat sits 1" lower than stock. :nixweiss:   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Stringer

• Sir Lurksalot

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 - Traded in
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 12:46:10 PM »

Why did you not buy the heated Mustang seat for your Ultra? Mustang says there heated touring seat sits 1" lower than stock. :nixweiss:   

I bought the Mustang gently used for a great price.  It's absolutely lower than the stock seat, but still taller than the seat on my '07 Street Glide.  And I don't mean distance to the ground, because that's obviously different for an FLHX vs. a FLHT.  On the '07 I feel like I'm sitting down in the bike - more a part of the bike.  With the frame changes on the '09, even with the lower Mustang seat, I'm sitting on top of the bike.

In addition, the Mustang is nice, but not all that comfortable for longer rides.  For me anyway.  Some of us have sufficient padding built into our back sides and some have little to none.  I've gained weight over the years, but mostly in the gut :drink: so I still basically have no ass, so I sit right on bone. 

So, if the 2012 SEUC seat is lower than the 2009 and it's as comfortable as I've heard, it might be worth the $$$$.  I'll have to see if I can locate one in a showroom around here for a test sit.

2014 FLHTKSE
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 20 queries.