Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: R&R Cycles engine build  (Read 9530 times)

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 serg
    • CVO2: 2010 sesg
R&R Cycles engine build
« on: February 03, 2012, 06:39:04 PM »

Has anyone heard of this company and done business with them.They are close to me and have a full machine shop.They do crank work head work,boring,pistons,rods etc. I am looking at doing some work to my 110 and would like to compare these guys to other builders.They are R&R cycle,Manchester NH.Thanks for any replys.Fred

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
Re: R&R Cycles engine build
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 06:57:46 PM »

They build some of the baddest power plants on the planet .. check em out ..

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Stardust Silver & Platinum Dust FLTRSE3
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 10:20:48 PM »

Had a 95" stage four kit done their once and was very impressed with them.  Motor put out 100/100 pulled hard and ran smooth everywhere all with turn key go reliability.  They are the absolute best in harley v twin performance in our area great service you'll be treated like family paired with the best performance machine shop around.  Next time your in tell em Big Core says hello.  What do you have in mind for motor work?   

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 02:58:30 AM »

BigC, called and spoke to a guy,Mark,good guy,knows his suff.Thinking of going to 117ci from the 110ci motor.Stage two head work,balance and plug weld crank,pistons,rods,timken bearing.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 08:39:47 AM »

You'll be real happy with these guys and you would have a hard time finding anyone better at building a stout V-Twin that 'will last'.  ..  :2vrolijk_21:

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 09:26:18 AM »

I have their gear drive cams in my 06 Ultra with a 98" build.  Good stuff!
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
D&D FatCat Performance Baffle
Thundermax

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 05:10:40 PM »

Have you decided on a build yet?  I'm really curious on your decision and the results.  I've talked to Mark on a few occasions and he is a decent guy.  Got talking with Reggie Sr. a while back and that was quite a one sided conversation.  It probably doesn't take much to pull the wool over my eyes on motor building but after 30 minutes or so I realised I was lost after a short time.  My wife asked me if I understood what he was talking about?  She was probably thinking I was actually smarter than she thought I was.  I told her the truth and she just said I thought so!  Just can't hide being stupid sometimes. 

Hope you keep us posted.

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 11:51:46 PM »

Ray I have decided t do a 117 ci build on my 110 cvo.So far I am very pleased with what they are doing. Bottom end,head work, etc.Will keep you posted with the final results.Where are you located in NH.

cold1

• Full CVO Member
    • AB

• CVO1: 04 SEEG pumpkin
    • CVO2: 2010 WOLF Big Dog
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »

I have a R&R 131" that has 8 k miles, makes 145/ 146.3 '#  have had some issues with oil breathing at speed in heat last year. Power band smooth, the longer you hang on throttle the lighter bike gets. :vrolijk27: I will know more after more miles!

RayG

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 05:14:42 PM »

PM sent.

Ray G.

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 06:49:52 AM »

Hey Cold,when you say you had oil breathing do you mean blow by through the air filter.Hope you get it straightened out.Thanks for the reply

RayG

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 01:33:35 PM »

Stopped by R&R yesterday and while I was there I inquired on your 117 build.  Mark told me it would be ready next week.  We talked for awhile & Reggie Jr. got into it and they decide I should have one of their billet 139" (I think).  Not interested in putting that much in a bike I don't see as being my last.  Now a nice looking 09 SERG is something I would consider keeping long term.  We will have to get together someday and you can try the whole Traxxion/Bitubo with the true track set up on mine. 

Are we getting a little anxious?

Ray G.       

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 08:40:59 PM »

Ray anxious is not the word.Just got back from down south and the good weather was killing me.Had to come home to a possible snow storm.Any way did Mark show you my bike?

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 08:43:46 PM »

Ray didnt know you had the Bitubo/Traxion combo on your bike.Must be nice compared to stock.

RayG

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 06:00:04 PM »

They were pretty busy the day I went, he offered to give me another tour but I didn't think it would be appropriate to stick my nose into your business.  I'm sure there will be time in the future to see & hear the beast.  Not sure on the suspension upgrades I did on mine being the older frame would be as necessary as your newer framed SERG.  I remember the day I rode the bike home, I wasn't 3 miles from the dealership when I kept thinking I purchased the wrong bike.  The bumpy ride was much more than I could handle.  It's better now but still not a BMW.  Installing new tires, bearings & front motor mount this week.   

It won't be long now.

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 20 queries.