Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lowers on an 07 SERK? also audio thoughts?  (Read 799 times)

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
Lowers on an 07 SERK? also audio thoughts?
« on: February 07, 2012, 07:58:15 PM »

I have a late winter project going.  Bought hard bags for my 07 SERK, gonna send them to Gene for paint.  I also ordered lowers from Harley.  I am also going to send them for paint, but I had another thought.  I am thinking of adding lower fairing speakers, and possibly saddlebag speakers.  I found a small head unit that should work.  My only issue is an amp, not sure what to do about that.

I would love to see  a pic of a SERK w lowers if anyone has one.  Also any thoughts on  my audio project would be appreciated. 

MichaelHDMD

• FLHRSE3 - SCRMN7

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
Re: Lowers on an 07 SERK? also audio thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 12:03:32 AM »

I am considering the same.  I added a Dead Center fairing with a Biketronics AMP w/ Polk Audio MM651 6.5" Speakers, so I think I have two extra speaker wires just waiting for the extra speakers.  BUT, a few of my geezer guide friends told me the lowers were too hot, so I put the project on ice.  The sound out the fairing is awesome already, but I figured since I already invested in the Biketronics I should take advantage of adding the extra speakers (not unlike the new SESG).  I have Black Ice as well.  What paint schema are you going with for the lowers?   

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Lowers on an 07 SERK? also audio thoughts?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 03:03:05 AM »

I am just gonna have the lowers painted straight black ice.  I sent hard bags to Gene last week to be paint matched and flamed, so I dont think the lowers need anything other than flamed.

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 20 queries.