Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Passenger foot pegs  (Read 5111 times)

Bigtow

• Junior CVO Member
  • Double Diamond

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
Passenger foot pegs
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:30:37 PM »

Thinking of changing the passenger pegs to footboards. Never had them on my old bike , question do they give the passenger a more comfortable feel ?

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
Re: Passenger foot pegs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 08:53:43 PM »

My wife says Yes, it also makes it easier for climbing on/off, especially when you have a tour pack added, and just the pegs causes some vibrations under the foot that become uncomfortable after a while.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:41:31 PM »

An occasional bsr of mine hates the floorboards. She likes to hook her heel on the pegs and can't get comfortable on the boards. I think she is in the minority on this one though. She also has long legs so that might be part of it.

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 12:57:59 AM »

My wife says Yes, it also makes it easier for climbing on/off, especially when you have a tour pack added, and just the pegs causes some vibrations under the foot that become uncomfortable after a while.

X2... my wife says the exact same thing...

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 01:40:15 AM »

X2... my wife says the exact same thing...

my wife prefers the pegs to floorboards too...

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 07:06:12 AM »

I'm keeping the pegs up front for me now   :P she will just have to get used to those nice purrty floorboards I bought for her.  And me.   ;D

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 04:22:17 PM »

I moved the stock passenger pegs up for me, and added floorboards - my little lady has a bum knee, and this makes it easier getting on and off, and during the ride.  I did adjust the heigth of them a couple of times to get the right comfort level for her.

What I don't like about the passenger footboards is that you will most likely have her boot tips hitting your legs at stop lights.  Not a problem, just can be annoying to me.  Just means she is comfortable, and we all know what that is about!
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 08:01:09 PM »

Possum,  you can do what I did and also others. If you have the adjustable floorboards, you can switch the mounting hardware around and it moves them back quite a bit.  I would think about 5"  it also looks a lot better too.  Doesn't hide the derby cover on the left side.  Easy to do also. Just unbolt them and put the right to the left and the left to the right.

Bigtow

• Junior CVO Member
  • Double Diamond

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »

Thanks for the help, now the challenge is to find matching passenger foot boards looked on-line no luck yet. 2012 FLHXSE3 if anybody got some leads.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »

There was a set on EBay last week I think. I posted a thread in the selling section. They may still have them

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »

I got a set off this site a few weeks ago and I've seen at least one or two more.  Keep hunting.  Good luck.

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 10:16:35 PM »

Possum,  you can do what I did and also others. If you have the adjustable floorboards, you can switch the mounting hardware around and it moves them back quite a bit.  I would think about 5"  it also looks a lot better too.  Doesn't hide the derby cover on the left side.  Easy to do also. Just unbolt them and put the right to the left and the left to the right.

Saw those as an option - I thought that might make it more uncomfortable by having them move back further - but willing to give it a try - hell at this point, those mounts are mouse nuts to everything else.  Thanks for the tip!
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 03:05:40 AM »

They're not available as a set, unless your purchasing them from someone whose selling the complete set up.

HD only sells the parts individually.  There are threads with the part numbers listed.  :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 08:22:09 AM »

Thinking of changing the passenger pegs to footboards. Never had them on my old bike , question do they give the passenger a more comfortable feel ?

If you're looking for more comfort for the passenger (especially on long hauls), the Kuryakn Adjustable passenger footpegs can be adjusted on the fly.....  http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/1596/Adjustable-Passenger-Pegs   
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 11:27:27 AM »

If you're looking for more comfort for the passenger (especially on long hauls), the Kuryakn Adjustable passenger footpegs can be adjusted on the fly.....  http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/1596/Adjustable-Passenger-Pegs   

Yep, wife wants those as well.  Thinking about trying the HD version this time. Have the Kury's on the 05 and have replaced parts just about every year.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 24 queries.