Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Rinehart Installation  (Read 8455 times)

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
Rinehart Installation
« on: July 11, 2004, 10:32:45 PM »

I am looking for Rinehart install sheet for true duals. The pipes were on the bike when I bought it and I am curious about the gaskets etc. I could not find the sheet on search engine if it exists online could someone point me in the right direction? or Maybe somone has a pdf file they could send? This site has been a huge help.
Thanks
Jerry

STICKMAN

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Rinehart Installation
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 03:30:25 PM »

Just put em on my bike. Got the instructions right here. What do you need to know. It was pretty straight forward. I can try to scan them and send them to you.

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 08:31:11 PM »

Stickman, Thanks! I think the left pipe is too close to the passenger footrest.  I read that there are different exhausts gaskets that can be used which change spacing. I thought the instruction list might have a parts list. It would be nice to have a reference for parts. I was able to get quiet baffles from Dennis Kirk which is what I have installed currently.

Thanks,
Jerry

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 08:53:50 PM »

I just put the quiet baffles in and the bike seems to have a little better low end performance.  Must be the extra backpressure. Not much quieter.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 09:08:49 PM »

Yes they are still a little loud.  I tried it without any baffles and scared myself awful loud in the shed. The  hp/tq curves are supposed to get pushed down. I am going to Maine Rally this week Dr.Dyno will tune the bike on Fri. Maybe I will have a sheet to post.

STICKMAN

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 09:22:07 AM »

The gaskets used are made by James Gaskets there is no part number listed on the Bub install sheet.  Do you have access to a F.A.X. ? They are only about 1/8 inch thick. If you use O.E.M. gaskets it will throw off everything down the line. The worst being the stress it puts on the weld located on the left ( rear cylinder ) pipe where it mounts to the starter bracket. too much stress on the weld it brakes and you have an exhaust leak.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 09:24:52 AM by STICKMAN »

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 04:22:17 PM »

My fax is 978-907-7770 . Just back from Maine HOG state rally. Hooked up with Dr.Dyno There was another guy with FLHRSEI2 for a dyno test. The guy was Ely a surgeon from New York . His bike had the SE touring mufflers/aircleaner and a flash. We ran mine after him and you could only see slight increase with Rinehart/quiet baffle compared to Ely's set up, not enough to even mention. When I can figure out how to post the chart. I will if anyone wants to see it. The fuel mixture was fine so that was the end of the tune up. I will guess now that if the Rineharts cause  me noise issues and I need quieter pipes, the SE set-up should work with out a flash.

Jerry

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 03:33:50 PM »

Hey Jerry,
FYI, I ride my bike on the highway quite a bit, and the reinharts were just too uhhh...dare I say it.....loud for me [smiley=shocked2.gif]. I ended up with the SE performance mufflers. The good thing is that Reinharts were easliy re-sold for about the same price I paid for them. I think I lost $40.00 on the entire deal, but it was worth it to try them out. On the flip side, the reinharts gave me a hell of alot more top end than the SE pipes do. I too had fit issues that the techs all said "well that's just how these things fit". which I thought was a bunch of BS. They installed mine w/ HD gaskets instead of the Reinhart supplied ones, and I too had the same rubbing on the passenger foot rest. I ended up switching the muonting point to the lower setting to get them to clear. All in all, great pipe, just too loud for any kind of touring. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 05:53:29 PM »

Hey Jerry,
 They installed mine w/ HD gaskets instead of the Reinhart supplied ones, and I too had the same rubbing on the passenger foot rest. I ended up switching the muonting point to the lower setting to get them to clear. All in all, great pipe, just too loud for any kind of touring. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I have the same pipes on a Road King Custom and the left pass peg hits also. I called Bub and the tech did not know about any extra gaskets that came with the kit. Where did these come from??? The only thing my shop said was that I could try the early style gasket which is a little thinner than the new style. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated--it's driving me nuts.....

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 11:53:58 PM »

Thanks Stickman ! Your advise was right on. The james gasket is thinner and allowed the pipe to align into starter bracket.

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2004, 10:12:30 PM »

Had the bike dynoyed during Maine Rally and with quiet baffles 98tq and 88hp. I installed different exhaust gaskets and found that the James gasket (thinner) give more clearance at the left footpeg. I used the cometic (thicker) gasket which brought the pipe closer to the paasenger peg and left them in and just lowered the left foot peg one hole. Funny seemed like the thicker gasket would move everything backward (away from peg) but it did the opposite.

Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • One Day At A Time
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2004, 09:37:51 AM »

I instaled the Rineharts a couple of months ago and love the performance but is a little too load for me. I would be willing to give up a litlle performance. Does anyone know how much the Rinehart quite baffle's work. Do they instal from the rear or does the muffler have to come off. Did you try with out baffles first and were you happy with the sound. Thanks, Jim
SE A/f
SE Mufflers
SE Race Tuner

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2004, 03:51:54 PM »

Jim,

Without any baffles you are talking Nascar loud. With quiet baffles it is loud . But less loud then the stock baffles. Tourque and HP get shifted down a little but I could only tell by dyno reading. The baffles just slide in and out. I think it was more work getting the end cap off. The quiet baffles I got from Dennis Kirk ( the when you want it tommorow guys) $99 dollars or so for the pair.  I am thinking about trying a little packing on the quiet baffles to see what happens.

Jerry

Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • One Day At A Time
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2004, 09:52:54 PM »

Just bought Rinehart quiet baffle's from Dennis Kirk (nice people) Bub part #041-1001 or Kirk part #H25-051. I could see no physical difference between the stock baffle and the quiet baffle. After instaling didn't fell like I heard any real difference, took on an hour long ride and thought it might be a little quieter. Any thought would be appreciatyed.

Jim
SE A/f
SE Mufflers
SE Race Tuner

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2004, 10:10:58 PM »

The difference in the 2 baffles is the actual diameter of the baffle pipe itself. The quiet baffles are 2 1/4" and the louder ones are 2 1/2". I had this discussion with the tech at Bub when I first purchased mine. To me, even the louder one is not loud enough at idle, but then again I am used to my straight pipes that I had for many years on my previous bike.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 20 queries.