Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Contacts  (Read 724 times)

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
Contacts
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:44:18 PM »

So, I go to my friendly eye doctor today. He has me trying one contact to read with and another to see distance. Anybody have any experiance with this, I have a concern of depth perception. Have not had a chance to ride yet.
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: Contacts
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:57:32 PM »

Hi Brian   Val has the same thing and after a very short time she loves em she says her eyes have adjusted and no longer even thinks about the 2 different lenses except when shes puttin em in of course
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

SERG3

• APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE ULTRA B/O
    • CVO2: 2009 SE ROAD GLIDE YELLOW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 10:01:58 PM »

Had these for years takes some time to get use to, I would not ride the bike until you are sure you are use to them.

IF YOU GOING TO BE DUMB YOU GOT TO BE TUFF

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:10:52 PM »

So, I go to my friendly eye doctor today. He has me trying one contact to read with and another to see distance. Anybody have any experiance with this, I have a concern of depth perception. Have not had a chance to ride yet.

Three or four years ago the eye doc tried that with me.  Each eye doing different chores.  Lost the stereoscopic vision while the contacts were in. 

Absolutely hated it.  Couldn't ride with them contacts in without it feeling weird.  Doc said I'd "get used to it."  Tried it for a month.  Never got used to it.  Still wear my bifocals (at least most of the time) and don't wear contacts. 

Your mileage may vary.

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:19:19 PM »

I have been wearing them that way for the last 10 years. Works great for me.  It took me about a week to get used to them, but after that smooth sailing.  Some people have no problems and others never can adjust. My Dr says astigmatisms or lack of plays a big part in it working out for you.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 11:19:05 PM »

I tried it 8 years ago,, could not get used to it..  I still wear contacts today for near sight and love it, BUT occasionally have problems while riding with contacts drying out and loosing them..  Make sure to carry some spares while riding; sooner or latter you'll need it.  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:59:20 AM by cvobiker »

HDSLK

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:30:53 PM »

I tried this a couple of years ago and absolutely hated it. Gave it three weeks and the finally went to multi-focal lenses which I wear every day and love. Looks like everyone is different and you'll have to see if it works for you.
“Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point.” C.S. Lewis

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 04:46:07 PM »

I haven't personally used them, but a former BSR used them for a few years.  Like no line progressive lenses, some people just never get used to them, and some people have no problems whatsoever.  She never had an issue with either vision or depth perception with the contacts.

The brain is an amazing thing...it adapts pretty quickly to things like this, for most people.

I remember reading a psychological perception study back when I was in school where they put glasses or contacts (can't remember) on some people that made everything upside down.  After a relatively short time, their brains made everything right side up again.  Of course, then they were messed up again whent the experiment ended... ;D

Either that, or it was that acid I did.... :huepfenlol2:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 07:10:39 PM »

I do this exact thing.  It takes a little time to get used to but once you are, you will be fine.  You won't have to carry around those reading glasses anymore!  My advise is to give it a try.
Jesus is Lord

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.