Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Static from Garmin 665  (Read 862 times)

dep47

• Full CVO Member
  • What a color
Static from Garmin 665
« on: March 06, 2012, 05:11:08 PM »

Need some information.  I have the 665 dash mounted on my 010 Ultra CVO, and now I am getting static on the AM radio.  I have had the unit about 2 years with no problem, but now when I turn on the GPS the static is terrible.  If I turn it off or dismount it, static is gone.  All other functions work perfectly.  I tried the GPS on another bike with the same type mount, and had the same static through the AM radio.  One has the XM and weather and the other one does not, but the static through the radio is the same.  Has anyone else had this problem.  I have sent a note to Garmin asking for advise, but no response yet.  Appreciate any help that can be provided.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Static from Garmin 665
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »

Anything added or changed on your bike since this started?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 07:42:11 PM »

Need some information.  I have the 665 dash mounted on my 010 Ultra CVO, and now I am getting static on the AM radio.  I have had the unit about 2 years with no problem, but now when I turn on the GPS the static is terrible.  If I turn it off or dismount it, static is gone.  All other functions work perfectly.  I tried the GPS on another bike with the same type mount, and had the same static through the AM radio.  One has the XM and weather and the other one does not, but the static through the radio is the
same.  Has anyone else had this problem.  I have sent a note to Garmin asking for advise, but no response yet.  Appreciate any help that can be provided.

If the problem happens on two different bikes with two different mounts ---- it must be a Garmin problem.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 07:29:47 AM »

If the problem happens on two different bikes with two different mounts ---- it must be a Garmin problem.

What he said.

Jim
Ride It Like You Are Retired

dep47

• Full CVO Member
  • What a color
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 10:46:50 AM »

I have changed nothing on the bike and honestly can't determine when the problem started.  Just don't use the AM much, but still want it to work correctly.  I think it is a Garmin problem also but was looking to see if anyone else is having a problem or has and answer.  If someone with a 665 would check there AM with the GPS on and let me know if they are getting any static I would appreciate it. 

dep47

• Full CVO Member
  • What a color
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 10:48:11 AM »

Ok received and e-mail from Garmin telling me to do a master reset and the problem would be corrected. Well what do you know, static is gone and all is back to normal!!! Can't really understand what caused the problem, or how doing a master reset would solve the problem but it did. Thanks. Hope this helps someone else that could be having the same problem. :pepper: :pepper:

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 11:02:57 AM »

Ok received and e-mail from Garmin telling me to do a master reset and the problem would be corrected.

Guess "they all do that."   :oops:
Big Lew
IBA #595

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 20 queries.