Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: What aftermarket seats have you put on?  (Read 2903 times)

NE-Tacoma06Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
What aftermarket seats have you put on?
« on: July 18, 2006, 08:18:20 PM »

I tried to get a Mustang seat through Zanotti HD and was told the seat does not fit the SE model  (part number:  79366 & 79367).

Anyone have an aftermarket Mustang and have the part number.  I want the one with a rider backrest.

Thanks.

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
Re: What aftermarket seats have you put on?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 07:23:51 AM »

I believe the issue with finding seats and sissy bars for the 2006 SE Fat Boys is due to the 200mm tire they have, which other 2006 Fat Boys do not.  Or any other Harley prior to 2006.  There are a couple of other 2006 models that share this same rear tire and problem of finding seats and sissy bars, the Night Train is one.

The good news is that in 2007 all Fat Boys will have the 200mm rear tire.  This means the parts department at Harley and the aftermarket companies will now start to make seats and sissy bars for the 2006 SE Fat Boys, since now they will not be making parts that will only fit on a very limited number of Fat Boys.  Face it, the 2006 SE Fat Boy was one of a kind with the 200mm rear tire, which meant a very small market to make seats and sissy bars for.  I'm sure eventually they would have come out with the parts to fit it, but now with a much bigger number of bikes that can use these parts they will be much quicker about coming out with stuff for the Fat Boys with the 200mm rear tire.

NE-Tacoma06Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 10:54:08 AM »

I thought I saw a picture here of a SE Fatboy with an aftermarket seat.   I need one by this weekend and the OEM passenger seat is like $170.   I will mostly likely have to bite the bullet and for me, that is a waste of money since I want a good touring seat that will not numb my butt within 100 miles.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 11:22:07 AM »

You most likely can extrapolate the info from the following thread to any of our bikes as Corbin and others use the similar technology in each of the seat lines they care.  Corbin's are firm with the foam they use and others have different ways of doing seats.

Gettng a seat by the weekend will be a challenge but not impossible I suppose.  

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1145844250/0

Corbin does have seats for the Fat Boy
2006 - 1984 Harley Davidson Softail Motorcycles
FXSTB, FXSTBI, FXST, FXSTI, FLSTF, FLSTFI, FXSTS, FXSTSI, FLSTS, FLSTSI, FLSTC, FLSTCI
These items fit the following 2006 models:
Heritage Softail, Softail Deluxe, Heritage Classic, Springer Classic and Fatboy

http://www.corbin.com/harley/softail/

« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 11:27:50 AM by Rjob749 »

NE-Tacoma06Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 04:54:48 PM »

thanks for the link.  Now I have alot to think about.  Not a real big fan of Corbin but they have the seat  (total $1,090).    Ouch!    I loved my old Mustang but they are not making seats for us yet.   I may just buy the OEM passenger seat and wait for Mustang to catch up.

Anyone put major miles on out stock seat and did the ass hold up?

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 06:49:44 AM »

That is exactly what I did.  The selection of seats available for the 06' SE Fat Boy were pretty limited and I did not like the looks of those that were.  So I bought the passenger pillion as a temporary solution until Mustang, Lepera, and others started making seats for our bikes.

But now that I have seen some of the stock seats redone with different foam, covers and stitching, I may see about going that way instead.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 09:17:29 AM »

That is exactly what I did.  The selection of seats available for the 06' SE Fat Boy were pretty limited and I did not like the looks of those that were.  So I bought the passenger pillion as a temporary solution until Mustang, Lepera, and others started making seats for our bikes.
But now that I have seen some of the stock seats redone with different foam, covers and stitching, I may see about going that way instead.

NeTacoma, check out Rich's in Seattle if you want to look into a custom.  They do great work and will do what you want and offer many ideas.  http://www.richscustomseats.com/ they did mine and many friends and I really like it.  Spendy like Corbin but worth it on my CC trip last month.

NE-Tacoma06Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 11:07:46 AM »

Rich's is big here.   I here it is a hit or miss, trying to put gel in the seat.   I alway think that I would rather save the  money modding the seat and just buy a Mustang seat  (which is half of what Corbin wants for theirs).

Funny enough, I had had 2 CSA at Mustang swear that the 06 seat will fit our bike but Zanotti HD says it will not.  I am going to talk with Zanotti today and see if they will ship the seat out on the condition that I can return it if it does not fit.

I need a rear seat this weekend/next week and I May just put one of those pads with suction pads and hope the bitch does not fall off.  LOL!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 11:30:27 AM »

Rich's is big here.   I here it is a hit or miss, trying to put gel in the seat.   I alway think that I would rather save the  money modding the seat and just buy a Mustang seat  (which is half of what Corbin wants for theirs).
Funny enough, I had had 2 CSA at Mustang swear that the 06 seat will fit our bike but Zanotti HD says it will not.  I am going to talk with Zanotti today and see if they will ship the seat out on the condition that I can return it if it does not fit.
I need a rear seat this weekend/next week and I May just put one of those pads with suction pads and [highlight]hope the bitch does not fall off[/highlight].  LOL!

[smiley=oops.gif] I think that was your outside voice  ::)

NE-Tacoma06Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 01:49:34 AM »

LOL...

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 08:09:34 AM »

I have new catalogs from Corbin, Mustang and Lepera, all have seats listed to fit the Bike.

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 08:30:29 AM »

I installed the Corbin Hollywood Solo, It is 3 times as comforatable as the stock seat.

pics to come this weekend.

NE-Tacoma06Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 07:13:57 PM »

I am ordering my Mustang seat (Mustang says it will fit).  Comes with rider backrest and passenger seat.   Will update you all when I get it.

dagbre

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 SEFB
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 12:53:56 PM »

I put on a HD Tallboy seat, mostly due to my 36 inseam. Wonderfully comfortable, and looks ok.
Måteleg klok kvar mann vere ovklok vere han ikkje for sjeldan er hugnad i hjarta å finna hjå honom som ovklok er!

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 01:18:18 PM »

I put on a HD Tallboy seat, mostly due to my 36 inseam. Wonderfully comfortable, and looks ok.

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Sorry, but had to do it.....Roy
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 24 queries.