Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: What type of exhaust are you running on your SESG?  (Read 2374 times)

lowriderlou

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
What type of exhaust are you running on your SESG?
« on: March 15, 2012, 09:54:49 PM »

I still haven't decided what type and brand of exhaust to install on my SESG.  What are you running and how do you like it?  I would appreciate any input.  There are too damn many choices.

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
Re: What type of exhaust are you running on your SESG?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:17:02 PM »

Iam running D&D Fatcat, 2 into1, performance wrapped baffle, with a ghost pipe.
 I love the way it performs and the sound. It is a little louder than most exhaust but I love it. Can still hear the radio just fine. At least when the radio works that is. LOL.
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 05:24:01 AM »

Just finished installing a Jackpot 2-1-2 head pipe with fullsac 2" cvo cores on my 11 SESG.  nice tone, not to loud with a little bark.  Not nearly as loud or deep as the Rinehard on my 05, but I've decided I don't care for the Rinehart loudness all day anymore.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 07:48:32 AM »

I'm running V & H Dresser Duals and V & H Hi-output Slipons. I love the look of the large diameter slipons (bigger thasn stock). But with the Dresser Duals, because the rear cylinder pipe is so much shorter, the right side exhaust has a bit too much crack to it. These slipons sound great but when I get a few more free bucks I'm probably going to add a 2-1-2 header like Fullsac or FuelMoto/Jackpot.

My brother just bought a 2012 103" Street Glide and added the Reinhardt True Dual headers with Reinhardt large diameter slipons (they make the same pipe in two diameters). The header pipes are equal length. They sound great and are about 20% quieter than my setup.

You'll definitely hear a ton about Fullsac on this site. They appear to have a great 2-1-2 head pipe referred to an X-Pipe for a little over $400 bucks with you CVO Harley membership and they also sell replacement baffles for you stock mufflers, Power Cores, from a little over $100 bucks. Definitely an inexpensive way to go. I've never heard the Power Cores personally so I can't comment on the volume, quality or type of sound they generate.

Good Luck on your search!
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 08:51:51 AM »

Catless header and 1.75 Fullsac baffles in stock exhaust.....and I can actually hear my stereo. 

Having came from years and years of running Thunderheader on many bikes over those years, my hearing is slightly impaired but I can hear the stereo on the freeway with this set up.....it looks good and sounds good. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 09:26:21 AM »

Fullsac "X" pipe and Rinehart 4" slip-ons...a little louder than the Fullsac cores, but I like em......

harleylimited

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 10:22:45 AM »

SESG 2012 CFR slip ons

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 06:30:01 PM »

I have the Bassani B4 2-1 exhaust.  The B4 looks identical to the B1, but is designed to optimize torque in less highly modified motors.  I love the looks, a lot different than any other 2-1 on the market.  But, like any 2-1, you might want the ghost pipe o the left, which is additional cost.

Not as loud as the D&D and Thunderheaders.  Quality so far is excellent.

Good Luck with the decision!

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 in Kryptonite/Black
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 06:01:42 PM »

Fullsac "X" pipe with 2.25" cores with Fullsac map.

Runs way cooler with a refined sound - purrs nicely at idle with a nice roar when you get on it, can hear the stereo no problem at cruise.
Sparky

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 06:14:54 PM »

I am running the Vance and Hines Power Duals and Monster Rounds.  I like the performance and sound.  I wear hearing aids and I can hear the radio over the exhaust while cruising down the highway.  To my ears the exhaust has a deep rumble sound.

The wife rides a Limited and she has the Power Duals but with the Monster Ovals.
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

lowriderlou

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 11:54:34 PM »

Guys, thanks for all your inputs.  Right now I'm leaning towards Drago's  Dragula 2-1 pipe with a 2.55 inch baffle.  Anybody have any experience with this setup?

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 01:39:04 AM »

Guys, thanks for all your inputs.  Right now I'm leaning towards Drago's  Dragula 2-1 pipe with a 2.55 inch baffle.  Anybody have any experience with this setup?

I just installed Drago's S/C/S-4 on my 2012 FLHXSE3 a couple of weeks ago. THIS PIPE ABSOLUTELY ROCKS! It will blow anything else off the road. Unless you have a really built motor, the S/C/S-4 will perform better than the full-blown Dragula on a stock or nearly stock (just cams changed) motor... per Frank at Drago's. I've had several conversations with him... GREAT guy. The S/C/S-4 is good for up to 130 HP, and has straight 1 3/4" headers vs. stepped headers on the Dragula... better low-end on stock or nearly-stock 110" motors.

Just got it dialed back in with the TTS for the S/C/S-4 yesterday... Wiz had to make some accel enrichment, decal enrichment, and timing adjustments up to 4 degrees... but Buster is SCREAMIN' now! It's considerably more difficult to dial in a 2-1 pipe with the TTS than it is a 2-1-2 pipe. Wiz had to set the CI up to 127" to get the VE table numbers below 100... and some of them are still above that. Need to collect a LOT more data... but I could feel a HUGE difference with this awesome pipe once we got the map close.    
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:45:59 AM by NorthGeorgiaHawg »

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 02:38:03 AM »

Pssst!  lowriderlou! 

I have family in the Piedmont/western South Carolina area, and they tell me those North Georgians are CRAZY!   :huepfenjump3:

I don't mean to frighten you, but I think northgeorgiahawg is a little crazy.  Not dangerous, just a few bubbles off plumb...    :D

Look at the Bassani B4   :2vrolijk_21:

Steph

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 04:53:27 AM »

I just post about Supertrapp Stout 4" ... I think they're quality made. Still looking for video sound :-\

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 08:50:39 AM »

Not dangerous, just a few bubbles off plumb...    :D

An admirable place to be - we are all there with the money we drop into our supposidly custom bikes.

I am running the V&H X-Over with the Monster Rounds.  No problems with the stereo, and overall not obnoxiously loud.  I have no other engine mods, and my tuner was surprised and did an awesome job of bringing the HP out of the stock 110 engine.

If I was going to be modifying my bike more I would probably head down some other paths mentioned in the forums, but this set up really allowed my bike to come alive and the rumble of the machine is absolutely sweet.
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 20 queries.