Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Has the CVO Moniker lost it's Luster?  (Read 12607 times)

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
Re: Has the CVO Moniker lost it's Luster?
« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2007, 11:28:45 PM »

For me the CVO line was something a little different.  It was like having a hot rod built by a factory with a warranty.  Not that the MOCO will really help us after mods.  But it sounded good.

I would have purchased all the goodies separately anyway.  I would have spent more $ and less time in the saddle.  Granted they could always be a little more special. Each of us would still want to change something to make it uniquely ours.

Remember this, if its more limited, it's also going to be more expensive.  You think dealers are marking up now.  What would they do with 10 bikes and 1,000 buyers?  You can see that in every industry.
  Even though the MOCO has made many units in each category, I have yet to see one like mine in 4K miles. I know they are there.  But with my stock ultra I seen a duplicate once a week.

To me the SE line is the S_ _ T.  I did not buy mine for resale value anyway.  I plan to run the balls off the thing.  I don't care if they make anymore.  If you really want the value to rise, convince the MOCO to halt production.  Sorry kinda pissed at the world today

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2007, 11:40:39 AM »

Despite my paint problems I really can't think of any bike that I'd buy that gives me so much satisfaction.  My outer fairing paint peeling problem re-appeared but despite that I continued to ride it  as opposed to boycotting the Moco and all thing H-D as I did the summer of '05.  I guess it depends on where you live but I rarely see another CVO bike.  I've had my SEEG on two multi- thousand mile trips in the West and can count the number of CVO bikes I saw on the road on one hand.  I did see a cherry SEEG coming into Yakima last summer in mid-August and would have chased it down except we were on the way out of town on a month long boating vacation.  JCZ's comment under his avatar says it for me    " I've got mine ..."

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »

Around here they're unseen.  Our HD dealer here still has a new '05 and '06 SEFB.  They even have a new SE V-rod from 2004.  I think they are at $1,000 under MSRP for all of them. 
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

cigarmike

« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2007, 04:56:04 PM »

Wow...this thread was resurrected from the dead!

I'm with AK also...if they would just acknowledge them as number 132 of 2000 etc. it would go a long way IMHO.

/Bill

LOL, I can imagine how much mark-up would be on the 1/**** bikes, or even 666/**** etc. Would give the Con Artist dealerships like Oakland harley 1 more reason to rip you off.

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2007, 10:42:12 AM »

I know what you mean about dealers holding out for top dollar.  I started looking for an SEFB and noticed certain parts of the country will not sell under MSRP.  It seems every bike in FL was way over MSRP.  Now they can't afford to sell them.  How can a dealer still hold 1 & 2 year old bikes for list.  Man I'm in the wrong biz.

Now, take a look at the alternative.  I know I haven't seen everything from all the other companies.  But what I have seen, I don't care for.  HD may have some finish issues.  Although, I have found none on mine.  In my HO, HD has it all over the rest.  The fit and finish is most impressive to me.

The custom companies have an impressive array of awesome scooters.  But now your talkin some real bingos.  How easy is it going to be to get service or parts?  If HD is "Hundred dollars", what is say.. Wild West "Wicked Much"?  All I know.  I'm hooked.  I love my ride and still want more.... 

rmarion

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2007, 12:01:50 AM »

I still LOVE my CVO................. :bananarock: :bananarock:

BTW, I haven't seen my color combination yet............. ;) :bananarock:
2006 FLHTCUSE - Candy/Black
SERT
SEAC
Branch Head Work
BP 595 cam gear drive
2:1 RB Racing Black Hole
Hawgwired Speakers & Amps
Rock & Roll Paint
Danny Grey Seat

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2007, 12:26:32 AM »

I say, Absolutely Not! First, I love Road Kings and the '07 SERK is the Hot Rod Mother of all Road Kings! This bike comes with all you could expect from a production HD. Big inch motor, 6-speed, wide rear tire, radials front and rear, and lots more. I had to have it the moment I saw it! It's just a stock HD but it's the best starting point they ever made. Doesn't take much to get it the way you want it. But it's got lots of potential too. Yeah, the stock saddlebags suck, so does the windscreen. But this bike rides so good. I can't wait to start really playing with it!

Second, these bikes are responsible for getting this particular group of people together. It's amazing how this group clicks! Reading all the Daytona posts of guys who never met, appearing like they've known each other for years. People falling over each other to help out a fellow CVO'er. Don't tell me for a minute that these bikes aren't special! We'd never be here today if it weren't for CVO's! And you all know how special that is, and how fortunate we are!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DynaSoar

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2007, 03:38:45 AM »

One thing you guys are forgetting...you can't make a clone CVO from dealership parts. That makes us unique.

Certain CVO parts can't be ordered unless you already have a CVO. And then, the moco wants the old CVO part sent to them FIRST. If something falls off and you don't have it? Oh well. I checked out the FXDSE I'm getting ready to purchase. I'm not sure about the SE cruisers, but the Dyna has 8 parts that I can't buy unless I send in the original parts. Any H-D parts guys here? Chime in and back me on this info.

Two sides to a coin...

I think dealerships should treat us a little better than the mainstream buyers. Afterall, we're dropping $25 - 30k on just the bike. The first dealership I went to when I was shopping for my VRSCSE treated me like crap. The salesman asked me if I was truly there to buy a CVO, or just waste his time. The manager overheard him and giggled like a little girl. Said I looked too young to buy something like that.

The second dealership treated me very well... but they treat ALL their customers like that. But, I think the moco should give us a little something to show gratitude for buying CVOs. Something like an elite club... with a patch and extra available services or something. Anyone ever owned a new caddy? That kind of thing.

I like my V-rod, and I'll like the FXDSE I'm purchasing in a few days. I don't regret spending the extra money on something like these bkes. Custom? maybe not...at least by the definition of one-off. Elite? certainly.

By the way, I took great pleasure in riding my CVO back to the first dealership and finding that salesman. The look on his face was golden when I said, "Yes, I DO intend on buying a CVO, but I won't waste YOUR time doing it." as I dangled the key in his face. He was even more frustrated when I told him a few of my friends were interested in bikes, but wouldn't be visiting his dealership. LOL
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 04:46:36 PM by DynaSoar »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2007, 08:27:15 AM »

I say, Absolutely Not! First, I love Road Kings and the '07 SERK is the Hot Rod Mother of all Road Kings! This bike comes with all you could expect from a production HD. Big inch motor, 6-speed, wide rear tire, radials front and rear, and lots more. I had to have it the moment I saw it! It's just a stock HD but it's the best starting point they ever made. Doesn't take much to get it the way you want it. But it's got lots of potential too. Yeah, the stock saddlebags suck, so does the windscreen. But this bike rides so good. I can't wait to start really playing with it!

Second, these bikes are responsible for getting this particular group of people together. It's amazing how this group clicks! Reading all the Daytona posts of guys who never met, appearing like they've known each other for years. People falling over each other to help out a fellow CVO'er. Don't tell me for a minute that these bikes aren't special! We'd never be here today if it weren't for CVO's! And you all know how special that is, and how fortunate we are!

Hoist! 8)

I'm sorry dude, but Pinkie would certainly disagree with your statement above.

Chief

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2007, 08:30:51 AM »

I'm sorry dude, but Pinkie would certainly disagree with your statement above.

Chief

But Chief, you have carried OCD to an entirely different plane...they have meds for that, you know. ;) ;D
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2007, 08:54:49 AM »

But Chief, you have carried OCD to an entirely different plane...they have meds for that, you know. ;) ;D

... only if they come in a bottle with a chrome cap.  :pepper:

Chief

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2007, 06:46:17 PM »

We all know now why Cheif went the extra two miles for the extra chrome 12 point bolts and extra chrome whatever's. :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: get-tin tail as he said in a different post last week.
Well whats the verdict Chief are you getting your monies worth ;D :P ;D :P ;D

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2007, 08:56:29 PM »

We all know now why Cheif went the extra two miles for the extra chrome 12 point bolts and extra chrome whatever's. :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: get-tin tail as he said in a different post last week.
Well whats the verdict Chief are you getting your monies worth ;D :P ;D :P ;D

I'm married, so I guess it can go either way.  :-\

Now, where did I put that damn loin cloth?  :2vrolijk_21:

Chief

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2007, 03:58:22 PM »

I think with the increase in production numbers , and models the exclusivity factor has diminished.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

ultramellon

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2007, 07:21:56 PM »

After Harley agreed to buy my 06 SEUC back I was at the dealer and trying to decide if I wanted to replace it with the 07 version or did I want to get the street glide and add the parts that I liked from the ultra to that. As I walked back to the service area I saw that they had 3 of the 07 SEUC2's in the shop. 2 of the bikes had the moters torn down and were recieving some major motor work. The 3rd bike had an electrical issue that they were trying to fix. That made my decision for me, I went with the street glide. I upgraded the motor to 103 inches replaced the inner fairing with a painted one to match, changed the gauges to spun aluminum, chromed the front end, got rid of the air temperature gauge and installed the oil temp. gauge, changed the pipes, air intake upgraded to the race tune added cruise control, fog lights, new rims and brake rotors, etc etc the cost when it was all done ( at least thats what I told my wife) was about 1500.00 less than the 07SEUC2 would have cost. Happy with the decision I took delivery of the bike in January. Last March New England finaly got some nice weather so I went out for the day to get some riding in I went up to New Hampshire and drove back roads in the Nashua area up to and thru Manchester. Whle on the bike I saw 2 red jesters go by, again I was happy that I decided to go the route I did. My bike is a true 1 of a kind. I do realy like the SEUC2  But with all of the problems of these bikes and the factory pushing more of them out it seems that maybe they have gone to far and the bikes are becoming more common than I would expect for the money that they charge. Last but not least if I were to get another screeming eagle bike I would have to own a second bike. I spent to many weekends with nothing to ride with the last one and it seems that it could still happen if I were to buy a new one. just my 2 cents worth ultramellonless
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 25 queries.